+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 1.5 - Warrior Decline

Telaran

Default 1.5 - Warrior Decline

I rolled warrior in this game to MAIN TANK because it is my understanding that a guy wearing PLATE with a bigass SHIELD should be the dude you want out in front.

This was all true pre-1.5.

Post 1.5 Changes:
    1. All my 8 second taunts share their CD. Wouldn't be so bad exce- WAIT WHAT!? All the mobs scattered! Holdon guys, Gimmie 8 seconds to save a life.
    2. Warrior threat was ninja nerfed without even telling us. Battlefield Awareness now generates less threat. Sweet deal. Stormcallers! 7k AoE DPS SPLAT GO!
    3. Rogues buffed (while they needed a SLIGHT buff) they got 100% ADDITIONAL THREAT ON EVERYTHING.
    4. Rogues got more tricks and indirect mitigation!
    5. Rogue tank is now Main Tank.
    6. Warrior tank becomes Spotter's Order Lackey.
    7. My warrior tank gets retired and I play a mage now.

Did I miss anything significant?

Telaran

sounds like pve tanks got juked too...Sorry man we feelin it on the pvp end also. sucks

Rift Chaser

whitefalls IRC channel:
    (Syndog is a rogue, Rapsodia is a mage, Pziko is a mage)

[02:12] <+Freyn> Go on then... whats the foodchain order now then folks?
    [02:13] <+SYNDOG> rogues top tier
    [02:13] <+SYNDOG> clerics mages mid tier
    [02:13] <+SYNDOG> wars **** tier
    [02:13] <+Freyn> :P
    [02:13] <+Rapsodia> yeah
    [02:13] <+Rapsodia> i was gonna say that
    [02:13] <+SYNDOG> at the moment, because all my damage is none phys, i can burn through a warriors so easy
    [02:13] <+Pziko> yep
    [02:13] <+Rapsodia> clerics still pretty crazy
    [02:13] <+Rapsodia> well
    [02:13] <+Rapsodia> good clerics
    [02:14] <+Pziko> yet but if u see the scores, good players still are goods
    [02:14] <+Pziko> but ye atm wars are the worst class imho

I asked as to why they thought warriors were the worst, there was generally no real reason other than "Rogues can just do everything better". Including one long discussion between rogue and mage about how rogues get a total of 18 seconds immunity to them or something.. I wasn't paying that much attention to that bit :P

We have barely actually changed in pvp this patch, 1.5s internal GCD (I think thats waranted to a degree), and interupt (again, makes sense to me) - bloodthirst I dont get the purpose of the change at all (especially as it hits less) ... so why have we gone from "Warriors are totally OP" to "warriors are the worst" when only rogues actually got a buff? I think it's just because of that same old thing that we've always suffered from:

You notice the warrior because he's IN YOUR FACE. So they assume its us dishing the pain, now that rogues have that title.. warrior is suddenly something people don't even realise is there. Hell I target war's first simply because I know they won't be self healing :P

FREYN | P8 SUICIDE DWARF

Rogues are fine, honest.

Ascendant

I think the icing on the cake was Taunts which used to maybe do 250 damage now do 0. ****in ******ed.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    I think the icing on the cake was Taunts which used to maybe do 250 damage now do 0. ****in ******ed.
    It was OP THOUGH *SARCASM*

Rift Chaser

now take away 30% of your current pvp damage and you'll see what a rogues been putting up with for the last 6 months

but oh wait, you still have all that damage.. you're complaing about nothing, just because your not top dogs any more doesn't mean your bad
    Last edited by Arrinx; 09-30-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Arrinx View Post
    now take away 30% of your current pvp damage and you'll see what a rogues been putting up with for the last 6 months

but oh wait, you still have all that damage.. you're complaing about nothing, just because your not top dogs any more doesn't mean your bad
    dude... you're a moron, this is about PvE tanking... DUH

Rift Chaser

Those changes are pretty dumb but I see nothing wrong with a rogue tank being on par with a warrior but to have a big gap between the two with equal gear and skill is dumb.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Quote Originally Posted by Arrinx View Post

Just another Rogue that spends the majority of his time making junk posts in the Warrior forum (look at his post history)...nothing to see here, move along.

BTW Rog, we got nerfed in 1.4 for about 40% of our physical damage, so GG troll - back to your bridge you go.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by id0l View Post
    Just another Rogue that spends the majority of his time making junk posts in the Warrior forum (look at his post history)...nothing to see here, move along.

BTW Rog, we got nerfed in 1.4 for about 40% of our physical damage, so GG troll - back to your bridge you go.
    Warrior tanking is fine, we still can handle more damage than rogue tanking. If you're having troubles with aggro, I dunno...maybe ask the idiot dps to back off for 2 seconds at the beginning? As far as taunt nerf goes it wasn't needed, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Having taunt off the global cooldown and taunting immediately is a better trade off anyway.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHamster View Post
    Warrior tanking is fine, we still can handle more damage than rogue tanking. If you're having troubles with aggro, I dunno...maybe ask the idiot dps to back off for 2 seconds at the beginning? As far as taunt nerf goes it wasn't needed, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Having taunt off the global cooldown and taunting immediately is a better trade off anyway.
    not possible. i can guarentee that warrior threat was nerfed. even problems pulling off in the middle of the fight. never had this problem, and i'm a rather skilled tank thanks

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    Those changes are pretty dumb but I see nothing wrong with a rogue tank being on par with a warrior but to have a big gap between the two with equal gear and skill is dumb.
    well the essence of a tank is the plate user and thus the warrior,i am a warrior tank and i wanted to play just that.i don't care if you could do more dmg i just want to be the tank...now if you are top DPS better tank and be able to heal whenever you like(as in 3 different roles)then isn't that a bit unfair for me who just wants to play the typical plate bearer tank?
    i couldn't care less for PVP because PVP in THEME-PARK mmo's is just pointless and usually bad but the main power of the Genre is PVE and i don't want to see changes like that...on the other hand its their game they decide what to do...if they over do it people will move on...i hope they wont!
    My English sucks i know...no need to point that out! :P

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHamster View Post
    I haven't tanked anything serious since 1.5 dropped, so can't comment on whether I'm going to have agro issues (I doubt it, unless abilities got bugged - which is entirely possible from what I've been reading lol).

Also, Spark isn't working half the time...just sayin'. But, IMO, I would rather have the two ST taunts back (being on GCD if nec.) than restricted to one. Makes tanking more fun, with less running towards mobs to agro. To me, it's more of a play-style restriction than anything, and I find it an unnecessary nerf. Besides, it's just one less thing to save the raids life in an "OH SH*T" moment when everything goes to h*ll...

Shadowlander

Tanking is completely fine. I understand people complaining about PvP atm...as there are very few viable specs and even those are less powerful than before, but I don't understand why people are claiming warrior tanks now suck.

Warrior threat is still ridiculously easy to maintain and we are still very durable. Taunts sharing a CD means ****...you should hardly ever even need them. I really don't understand the problem here.

Rogue threat from Guardian Phase was increased by 100%, but the threat modifiers on individual skills was nerfed (rather significantly I think). We don't know by how much, but yeah, double threat is not the case. The only real buff was to AOE threat and Rogues do now have the best. It will probably be nerfed. I can still lose aggro to a Heatwave, single-target doesn't seem to have changed.

Mitigation, though? Really? Rogue mitigation is not additive like Warriors' is. Shadow Guard is far short of what was needed to bring Rogues anywhere near Warrior and Cleric physical mitigation. Riftstalkers still take more damage than an unblocked Warrior with Rift Guard running, which is supposed to be its block equivalent. Rogues are still worse pure-magic tanks than Warriors as well.

More tricks?? An interrupt and a useless +1500 HP to raid skill that doesn't even heal. Defer Death is very nice, granted. Basically it's one more cooldown to blow because you're taking way too much damage.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 09-30-2011 at 08:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast