Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Planar Attunement

Default Best Planar Attunement

Hey guys

What do you think is the best planar attunement for a dps warrior ? I m not sure between Air, Water and Death

Cheers

Fire for pvp, mounted movement speed means you can catch up to fleeing enemies in wf's and world pvp. Strength will be best attribute after stat changes(whenever those happen). Some people are saying that sword and axe mastery counts for both 1-handed and 2-handed weapons.

Plane Touched

sword mastery does indeed work for 2handers. tested with my Sylvan, with .2 dps increase my Power Strikes were critting for like ~3 more and RWs critting for ~11 more.

Also my answer to the OP...its been 2 days, pick whatever you want, PA xp is easy enough to come by.

For PVE, I would suggest fire aswell. It boosts Sword and Polearm damage.
    Swords or Polearms
    Blood-Forged Claymore
    Bane of the Champions
    Hunters Pursuit
    Crippler of the tides
    Dhel's Spear of the Beast
    Scourge
    Sylvan Greatblade
    Rank 8 Weapon(1h/2h): Both sword for defiant.
    Greatsword of Ancient Betrayal(HK epic)
    Kraken's Spine(HK relic)
    Rolling Thunder(1H HK epic)
    Dollin's Royal Blade(1H HK epic)

Axe
    Soul Reaper
    Deep-Forged Bone Splitter(1H HK epic)
    No relic 1H Axe

You never know if they make paragon top dps in future or even balanced with 2handers. It seems like fire would help both pve specs looking into the future.
    Last edited by Kryptlin; 09-30-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks for the replies guys.....will go either fire of death then cause as someone said strength is going to be fixed sometime or another

Quote Originally Posted by Coel View Post
    sword mastery does indeed work for 2handers. tested with my Sylvan, with .2 dps increase my Power Strikes were critting for like ~3 more and RWs critting for ~11 more.

Also my answer to the OP...its been 2 days, pick whatever you want, PA xp is easy enough to come by.
    Everyone I want to caution you as this has been posted by someone. A GM has confirmed that this is a bug. Sword, axe mastery are not intended for 2H weapons. And although you do see that now it is not intended and can change. Please be careful of where you put your points into.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

The Axe Mastery passive ability will affect only one-handed damage. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.

Sincerely,

GM Abbadon
    Game Master
    Trion Worlds Inc. "
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

So... death it is then?
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    Everyone I want to caution you as this has been posted by someone. A GM has confirmed that this is a bug. Sword, axe mastery are not intended for 2H weapons. And although you do see that now it is not intended and can change. Please be careful of where you put your points into.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

The Axe Mastery passive ability will affect only one-handed damage. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.

Sincerely,

GM Abbadon
    Game Master
    Trion Worlds Inc. "
    GMs usually don't know anything about the game. I'm hesitent to believe this is intended as it would make polearms the only viable 2h weapon -- they would double stack with 2h and polearm weapon spec.

I went death because I have the grug axe and death also has str/2h specs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    GMs usually don't know anything about the game. I'm hesitent to believe this is intended as it would make polearms the only viable 2h weapon -- they would double stack with 2h and polearm weapon spec.

Not to mention contrary to the devs AND the planar attunements of other classes. The GMs know crap about the game.

I'm reading the cleric forums and they're discussing how it's more efficient to invest once into each plane, rather then fully invest into one plane. Due to the fact past initial investment things cost more. Haven't really examined our trees to see if that might apply somewhat to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post

Shouldn't 2H Warriors go air since you can spec attack power increase while wielding a ranged weapon and get 2H Weapon Mastery? If you spec into Str you only get .75 attack power per Str.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    Shouldn't 2H Warriors go air since you can spec attack power increase while wielding a ranged weapon and get 2H Weapon Mastery? If you spec into Str you only get .75 attack power per Str.
    The 1 ap, ranged weapon talent takes the place of a 0.2 dps talent. And 0.2 dps is ~3 dps, where as 1 ap is ~0.3 dps.
    Last edited by Rizaz; 09-30-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Plane Touched

Heh if Rizaz's numbers are solid, then STR AA points are basically worthless until you are done with the weapon dps points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartan View Post
    Heh if Rizaz's numbers are solid, then STR AA points are basically worthless until you are done with the weapon dps points.
    I would hesitate to say that, since base stats are affected by +% increases. IE resonance. I'm sure there is a breakpoint somewhere down the line where +STR is more effective than +DPS, assuming you're crit capped.

Although, in all honesty, the increases are tiny at best to begin with, so it's whatever.
    5/5 GSP 5/5 ROS 4/4 DH 4/4 GP 10/11 HK
    Playing the game the way it's meant to be played. For fun.

Ascendant

Those are only my estimations.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast