+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Reactive Nerf Needed? PVP

Plane Walker

I read someone talking about making 51 point builds more viable. Having to spec through 3 trees is great because this is where you can start adding your own mix and flare to a build. I don't see any reason if someone wanted to go 51 in any tree for pvp they couldn't. at the same time those who want to mix things up should do what they want as well.

I think the Warrior class just really needs a hard look and comb over. I would start with each tree (this is how I would of designed and make a 51/0/0 build viable. I'm going to use champion as example as it is my own kick right now.

First tier are your basic stuff. These are small % type increases. Also slowly working up tiers these should be things that can be added to other trees when someone specs out the last 15 points. As you go up tiers talents start having a multiiplier effect improving the tree as a whole (or complementing areas that need it). Midway you have some talents/abilties that can moderatly effect someone that is going to put half their points in the tree. In the mid tiers you find some dmg stuff but also some utilties. Defense, CC, whatever. Once you get to towards the top of the tree you get the good stuff. Big attacks/new attacks and big buffs that are tree specific. 51/0/0 should stand alone as a playable build.

Now when you build that tree you have to take into account that this game made up making builds combining 3 souls? What does this mean? If someone goes 51 in a tree then can go possible max 15 in another. When creating a tree you need to make sure the first 3 tiers don't have anything that is going to be over the top when combined. (LOL when SLI was at 2 points? Seriously what was that guy smokeing?) 44 Points is kind of the next drop off so be weary of what your first 4 tiers can do combined with a 44 point build. 38 next drop off, ect... You can't stick "gives all physical damage x%" as a 5 point talent so low in the tree. Doing these kind of things are just making blanacing all that more difficult and you are promoting FOTM even more. Why go up a tree if there is no point?

I hope that's not as complicated as I think I made it and you get my point! LOL We are talking about almost a full redo of the Warrior class. Alot of stuff really needs to get moved around, and certian things added. (especially some self survivabilty built right into the dps trees). I

With where we are at right now in all honesty I think the best thing they could really do is just stop trying to fix anything. They are making things worse! Every time they touch something 3 things break! No more quick changes. Trion needs to look at all the souls, look at how they interact together, and make some pretty heafty changes across the board. GL

Plane Walker

To add towards my building startegy each DPS tree could just be that DPS. As I see it you have champ (2 hsnd), Para (DW), RB (kinda that oddball magic based warrior), Beast (pet class). I don't see any reason to be mixing the trees too much. There are 4 playstyles right there. (i don't see any reason to spec 3 dps souls to dps. It may sound like you are taking options away but I don't think you are. Trying to balance people from choosing 3 is the problem/nightmare...)

The beauty of this game is mixing 3 souls. Strat from the bottom up adding suruvabilty based on theory of how much someone is going to spec their dps. Up to 15 points slight defense's (for the 51/15 combos, up to 28 moderate defense's (for the 38/28 combos), and then comple the tanks from there. Player then chooses how they want to play. Going 51 DPS for a heafty dps face smasher with small self sustainibilty or 38 DPS for a moderate gut puncher with moderate self sustainibilty. Thirsd sould becomes the odd ball where you can add a small bit of personal prefernce.

I don't think this would hurt PVE at all as tanks would have all their tools they need and at end of the day pve DPS would be able to spec off 4 dps trees...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mopain View Post
    To add towards my building startegy each DPS tree could just be that DPS. As I see it you have champ (2 hsnd), Para (DW), RB (kinda that oddball magic based warrior), Beast (pet class). I don't see any reason to be mixing the trees too much. There are 4 playstyles right there. (i don't see any reason to spec 3 dps souls to dps. It may sound like you are taking options away but I don't think you are. Trying to balance people from choosing 3 is the problem/nightmare...)

The beauty of this game is mixing 3 souls. Strat from the bottom up adding suruvabilty based on theory of how much someone is going to spec their dps. Up to 15 points slight defense's (for the 51/15 combos, up to 28 moderate defense's (for the 38/28 combos), and then comple the tanks from there. Player then chooses how they want to play. Going 51 DPS for a heafty dps face smasher with small self sustainibilty or 38 DPS for a moderate gut puncher with moderate self sustainibilty. Thirsd sould becomes the odd ball where you can add a small bit of personal prefernce.

I don't think this would hurt PVE at all as tanks would have all their tools they need and at end of the day pve DPS would be able to spec off 4 dps trees...

One thing to consider.

I believe the problem is quite simple. The game was designed for years with 51 points being what people would spend. You now have 66. This means you can be both tanky and dps in any calling. Some much moreso than others. The game was apha'd for quite a while at 51 points and never really beta'd (how many really got to 50 in the beta?) up to 66 points. Now we have a quagmire of abilities affecting things in ways the dev's never expected.

Soulwalker

Wasnt needed at all, gone back to RB, After a few tries with burst macro with reactives etc and it failed hard i tried really just doing everything in 1 macro (boring) but it worked better, cause that little burst(?) didnt do anything on its own, but eventually i woke up and turned RB and did better..
    Rodram - Icewatch - EU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2