+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The only warriors I see saying warriors are still fine are R8s or PvE warriors.

Rift Chaser

Default The only warriors I see saying warriors are still fine are R8s or PvE warriors.

I just hit R5 last night. I really would like to hit R8 sometime but am questioning if it is still worth it or not. Most of the R8 warriors saying they still do good also have pocket healers or premades. I would like to hear from the average warrior out there how they are doing in PvP. I could care less about PvE desirability, tanking, or dps charts.

I'm doing "well" in pvp. I do great If I don't get focused and have a few pocket healers. Without one...you will get ownt by just about every other class now. Rogues aren't a free bloodthirsty proc - oh, and they nerfed that also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Soulwalker

I've been r8 for a while and I don't think we are fine. In fact burst DPS across all callings seems to be getting nerfed. I refuse to pay a company that thinks it's a good idea to nerf burst DPS and keep healing at insane levels.

I am already max valor as well. PVP is now a snooze fest with hardly anyone dying, especially premade vs premade that I liked doing. It's bad enough that all my builds pretty much have to revolve around RB or possibly VK.

Anyways unsubbed and uninstalled the game.

It was fun while it lasted though! If you are having fun keep playing. If not, well, that's up to you.
    Last edited by Thatonedude; 09-29-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

R6 warrior here. Not fine at all and terribly boring to play. Doesn't really matter, someone will turn this into a "warriors deserve to die in a fiery crash" thread in 15 minutes anyway.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rednek View Post
    R6 warrior here. Not fine at all and terribly boring to play. Doesn't really matter, someone will turn this into a "warriors deserve to die in a fiery crash" thread in 15 minutes anyway.

wait you mean havng to use rb in any pvp spec as a dps warrior isnt fun no ****ing way lol

lol yea the 200 dps loss in pve sux along with us still not being at the top of the charts in dps and kb's like a cleric and mage who knows how to play in warfronts with 800k+ sometimes a million dps but now we got the nerf bat and are even worse for pvp DID TRION EVER ACTAULLY OPEN THERE EYES TO SEE THE QQ'ING FLAMERS OF OTHER CLASSES LIKE MAGES AND CLERICS ARE USUALLY TOP DPS IN WARFRONTS OMG THIS GAME IS SO SCREWED UP WITH CLERICS BEING TOP OF THE CHARTS WITH A MILLION DPS LIKE I SEEN TODAY IN PORT CLERICS ARE SUPPOST TO BE HEALERS BAD ENOUGH THERE HEALING NEEDS NERFED STILL LOL LET ALONE THE ONES WHO CAN ACTAULLY PLAY THERE DPS SPECS LOL lol To ****ing funny
    The real op classes are clerics and mages as dps trion

Ascendant

R8 warrior here and i can tell you right now we are feeling the blow of this patch as well. My damage output has been pretty much cut in half (extra burst from rb is gone). And as another poster already stated its as if killing high ranking clerics werent already hard enough with the insane amounts of heals that gets thrown around. I am just biding my time for swtor than i am moving on.

Telaran

R5 here. Rogues of similar level used to be a close fight that required some smart play. Now they steam roll me with MM and even some of their improved close range builds. Group fights become waves of Fan Out and even with heals and 850ish Valor, I (along with the entire group fighting) die in 5 seconds.

Retired pvp for now. Just don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    I just hit R5 last night. I really would like to hit R8 sometime but am questioning if it is still worth it or not. Most of the R8 warriors saying they still do good also have pocket healers or premades. I would like to hear from the average warrior out there how they are doing in PvP. I could care less about PvE desirability, tanking, or dps charts.
    When I determine someone's credibility regarding PVP, the last thing I look at is their prestige rank. Anyone, regardless of personal skill, can attain P8.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    Still playing my warrior main with a variation of Zins Ragestorm spec. I'm still enjoying it, farming the favor for the R8 1Hs now.
    Been playing the warrior since 1.0 so I know the good times and the bad times, wouldn't say that we are underpowered or anything but thats from R8 perspective

In all honesty we're probably the weakest of the 4 callings atm. Don't let anyone hear you though. They still have nightmares about 1.3.

But I'll say one thing ... in a world of rogues, I'd rather be a warrior, than a cleric or mage.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-30-2011 at 06:42 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

For lower ranks (of any calling) it's better now then it's ever been.

That should tell you all you need to know.

Telaran

r5 here too. Going to r6 (maybe this week end if the potion 100% favor/prestige works with escalation). I started playing with dual and changed in meantime for 2H because my burst was not enough to do anything. I was able at least to kill something during WF. Since 1.5 the burst is terrible and 2H become very boring (yeah 2 macro spam but at least before we had the burst to manage).
    So i'm back to dual which is fun at least (rift/champ), but so hard kill a healing class. Most of the time I run after a cleric/mage that auto heal going to his friends, and then i get facerolled.
    For rogue i don't rly see the difference so far in WF. I just get more gank in pvp world and i die in 3 sec being stune (not full life usually and rogue has better gear i guess).

Actually the real issue is not my burst, it's the stupid immune system. If they adjust that, that could be fine. They just need a smart system for cc that can be spam (like metamorth for mage). But if I charge, silence, snare, fear, resnare with other ability I don't wanna see immune after the second cc.

So i still hv fun so far, waiting for r8 and see how it goes in term of "balance".

Ascendant

I went from Ragestorm build to Sword and Board and do just fine now against Rogues. Obviously burst is down a bit, but that's partially because of the build. I don't try to solo healing Clerics/Mages anyways, so it's not an issue. PvP is done in groups.

How are people saying their RB dmg is cut in half? That doesn't even make sense....Nothing got nerfed. Yes, you're dieng faster, but unless your build relied on 2-3+ OGCD attacks, burst isn't much worse then before.

R5.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Soulwalker

I don't have a problem with killing poorly geared or poorly spec'd classes.
    Since 1.5, MM need to be focused or lots die, healers have to be focused or lots die unless your healers are equal to the task, casters have to be focused or lots die, Sins have to be focused or ppl die. Warriors I ignore even if R8 because it's better to kill their support and heal through their dmg if able then to try to kill one at R5....hmmm...I guess till you're R8, you have to run in packs and hope you have a pocket healer. Either way, as a warrior, my chances of soloing killing anything in WF is low as an R5 since 1.5.

So in summary (generally speaking i.e. the odds are)

1. Any healing class in pvp gear will faceroll you.
    2. Any non-warrior class in pvp gear will faceroll you. (even non pvp geared will probably faceroll you as their dps will be higher using pve gear.)
    3. Any warriors with higher ranked gear/weapons will faceroll you.
    4. Any non-pvp spec'd class you should be able to win if you're in your pvp gear.
    5. A lot of getting your facerolled unless you have a capable pvp able healer as he'll be the tank till he dies or they focus fire on you in which you'll die first.

PvP is painful till R8. Hopefully, they haven't nerfed warrior so much by the time I get there that it'll be painful then too.

However, occassionally, I get a pocket healer and things go well but typically, in non-premades, facerolled is the norm.
    Last edited by Kdianno; 09-30-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    When I determine someone's credibility regarding PVP, the last thing I look at is their prestige rank. Anyone, regardless of personal skill, can attain P8.
    I am asking R8s because they are the best equipped. It is easy to say that warriors are still fine when you have the best gear in the game. I know that R8 is merely a measure of how much time you have done pvping and not a measure of how good you actually are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast