+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The only warriors I see saying warriors are still fine are R8s or PvE warriors.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    See above, I don't ask for heals - They find me.
    It's true healers will try to find the ppl doing the facerolling just like myself I try to find the R8s to follow. However, I don't think anyone would disagree that heals are difficult to come by and given every other class can now heal themselves relatively more effectively with their main pvp spec or generate better burst in lieu of healing, warriors are at a disadvantage unless we roll pally for the 10min cd heal (rather underwhelming giving the fast pase nature of WT) or reaver which really does not provide enough healing to compensate for any measurable incoming damage. Even if we roll Pally/Reaver hybrids, the issue here is we're being forced down an alternative non main pvp spec for the purpose of being marginally more viable (without a pocket healer).

In addition, I find the requirement of having a pocket healer to be effectively a poor substitue for viability and the requirement to spec an off spec to be viable is equally unsatisfactory. The latter isn't a particularly as large of an issue as the former as the requirement of needing a second player to be effective is the same as not being effective in the absence of. Every class since 1.0 have been arguing for a balance but Trion has seen fit to simply rotate the whipping class from month to month rather than addressing the issue.

Alternative to healing, Kruunch has made a good point on bringing back our physical dps so that we have at least a probably of killing our targets quickly enough before we die (assuming little or no healing). I don't see any reason for not rolling back the changes made to our para tree given what the rogues are now able to do with 1.5. At least then, we'd have the burst necessary pre R8 to be competitive and at R8 a force to be wreckened with on par with the other classes. (without a pocket healer)
    Last edited by Kdianno; 10-01-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Did burst take a hit? Yeah. But does it mean warriors are useless now? No. While burst is important, there are also things like silences, stuns, using terrain, los, etc that make a good pvper. If losing a little damage makes you so you cant solo every class, then I'm sorry. You should reroll or unsub because you neither know how to play your class nor pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrain View Post
    Did burst take a hit? Yeah. But does it mean warriors are useless now? No. While burst is important, there are also things like silences, stuns, using terrain, los, etc that make a good pvper. If losing a little damage makes you so you cant solo every class, then I'm sorry. You should reroll or unsub because you neither know how to play your class nor pvp.

Its more a matter of being too dependant on healing now. You have to fight for that much longer and take more damage than ever and you can't be successful on your own merits any more.

Which means if I want to PUG a WF its next to impossible and not much fun. Which means about half my playtime is made less fun because of a handful of changes.

And based on the past 6 months, chances are next patch I will get nerfed again and have even less fun.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrain View Post
    All of which means s.hit if you can't kill anyone without help. Do you even pvp?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3