+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 71
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: State of the Warrior 1.5

  1. #46
    Rift Master Khalsa84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by id0l View Post
    When you say "positive update" and then list mage changes...I get confused...lol.

    Were you just being sarcastic?
    yes its like a boot up the butt
    Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Happy Trails Khalsa.
    Although I am not one of them, many Defiants will rest more at ease now the "killin" machine has moved on.
    Haha Ciao Doc

  2. #47
    Shadowlander Tozdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    37

    Default

    im back to rift after a long absence. i thought it was just me but it seems warriors have probs.

    pvp speaking it is usually range range range, i have no problem with that. the problem is im a warrior i exspect to live. i dont live at all. im not a warrior to top dps charts and sometimes i do.

    id rather be able to take a longer beating then to be pumping out damage, i am damage spec but thats not the point.

    even healers and mages sometimes beat me down face to face. i try going behind them or whatever doesnt seem to work. if a healer or mage is gonna kill me it should take awhile. seems like the prob is in resistances and how much damage we take.

    it gets annoying when your a tank and your seen as an easy target. tanks are suppose to go down last not first.

  3. #48
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default Time to move on....

    I am a warrior tank; my guild loves me because we are a rare breed. LFG queue times are almost non-existent because we are a rare breed. DPS moan about waiting for an hour to get into an LFG group.

    Despite there being fewer tanks in the game than any other role, it seems our numbers are being reduced further because of inane decisions with the class.

    It's easy to complain about your chosen classes of course. But why reduce the tank playerbase when it affects everyone in game so much?

    I can only thank Trion for making the wait for GW2 and SWToR a little more bearable. Rift had so much potential and now it's the game that people play until a better MMO comes along.


  4. #49
    Prophet of Telara Testercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,189

    Default Exlusive: Warrior facts revealed!!!!!!!!

    How we see ourselves: http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/files/m...0Barbarian.jpg

    How Trion sees us: http://images.spoof-media.com/thespoof/pdi/KidSword.jpg

    Overall performance at top rank (2h): http://i.imgur.com/SQmVo.jpg
    And with sword and shield: http://www.mypartyplanner.com/common...age_262902.jpg

    As you can see, the rapid decline between the two specs. 2h is old news, where snb is still over-inflated.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

    Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

  5. #50
    Rift Chaser Lunacresia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Another problem is that the warrior community doesn't really know where the warrior is headed. Many successful warrior builds rely on strange mechanics (like 38 RW), or bugged/misbehaving skills (deadly strikes for the longest time). Warriors build in fear of being radically changed because the class doesn't really have any direction.

    Many of the souls in the warrior trees were designed for specific purposes but end up failing at those roles or become supplementary souls for trees containing superior abilities (i.e., Fiery Burst and RS/RD).

    Out of all 8 warrior souls, only 3 can stand alone as successful 51pt trees (in PvE):

    -Void Knight
    -Riftblade
    -Champion

    Notice how the 2 of the 3 successful trees are elemental based and not physical? RIFT seems to be overly dominated by elemental damage and the warrior class suffers because of a lack of adaptive skills to this environment.

    Any other 51pt combination will get a warrior completely crushed in performance. Right now the popular view on warriors is pretty much "hybrid or die."

    Out of 8 trees, its pretty bad that only 3 can stand alone. Each of the trees should excel at it's original design purpose while allowing synergy with other trees to achieve about the same level of success. Right now the cost for failing to hybrid is too high to even try outside of using just these three souls. On top of that you CANNOT have a successful soul combination without having at least one of these trees (usually VK for tanking, and RB for dps due to RS/RD and FB).

    Right now warriors hybrid and build their specs and gear knowing they are completely dependent on one or two skills (misbehaving or not) in order to do well. Warriors are in constant fear that one of these abilities my be changed, completely destroying everything they worked for.

    Right now, its not very fun to play a warrior because right now the path that a warrior is forced to take (high dex, building for crit, burst DPS and relying on FB) makes no mechnical sense. The community feels like this will change soon and it is very hard to play a warrior and feel secure due to so many design flaws, bugged abilities, and a general confusion about how long warriors will remain to be viable in this state without being completely overhauled.

    Because warriors are 100% gear dependent, radical changes will always hurt the warrior as well. Warriors are difficult to build because it feels like you are trying to build a pagoda on the last little wooden block of a jenga tower. Right now that pagoda is wobbling pretty hard.

  6. #51
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default the sa

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Sorry, stopped reading here. I beat all but our top 38 para 2h warrior on Sicaron this week with a 38 para dual wield. This includes 2 other warriors running that build with P8 weapons, and another running BM.

    I do agree with the sentiment though, I said as much a few weeks ago in this thread:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...right-now.html
    I had a similar experience on sicaron as well this week - I usually run DW, and we have another warrior that's DW as well, and we both do pretty similar dps - however, I've always ran 2h on sicaron since it gave better results, and I was generally a couple hundred dps ahead of the other warrior.

    On our sicaron kill this week, I went 2h as always... but I was a couple hundred dps behind where the DW warrior was, that I usually beat. There was nothing out of the ordinary as far as contracts went, I was just simply doing significantly less dps with 2h this week.

    I'm r8, so both my dw and 2h weapons are ~the same quality, and my builds are pretty standard, 38/22/6 dw, and 38/26/2 2h. I'm still using the pvp crystal, and the other warrior did not have a crystal yet either, no gear changes to explain the difference, 2h just seemed to have a significant drop from previous weeks.

  7. #52
    Rift Chaser Lunacresia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonfal View Post
    I had a similar experience on sicaron as well this week - I usually run DW, and we have another warrior that's DW as well, and we both do pretty similar dps - however, I've always ran 2h on sicaron since it gave better results, and I was generally a couple hundred dps ahead of the other warrior.

    On our sicaron kill this week, I went 2h as always... but I was a couple hundred dps behind where the DW warrior was, that I usually beat. There was nothing out of the ordinary as far as contracts went, I was just simply doing significantly less dps with 2h this week.

    I'm r8, so both my dw and 2h weapons are ~the same quality, and my builds are pretty standard, 38/22/6 dw, and 38/26/2 2h. I'm still using the pvp crystal, and the other warrior did not have a crystal yet either, no gear changes to explain the difference, 2h just seemed to have a significant drop from previous weeks.

    This may be attributed to the recent patches' changes to slayer's bearing. Prior to 1.5 and without the slayer's bearing bug, a 2h RW build or BM with a proper rotation would always blow a DW build out the water on the DPS meter (on a standstill dps race).

    Right now slayer's bearing is only improving crit damage by only 11% despite 3/3 in intense training. If you are seeing higher numbers with DW, this may be why. 2h builds are much more reliant on SB than DW builds because the lack of WotW and supporting DW DPS talents from Paragon.

    This bug has been posted and confirmed by various sources. For now warriors have resorted to running soldier's bearing as a bandaid fix until Trion addresses the incorrect values of these talents.
    Last edited by Lunacresia; 10-02-2011 at 10:29 AM.

  8. #53
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    could some good soul summarize what builds we've got left for pvp?



    And another question: how is 51rb doing? and what would you pair with it?

  9. #54
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernoooooob View Post
    could some good soul summarize what builds we've got left for pvp?



    And another question: how is 51rb doing? and what would you pair with it?
    51rb/15 champ or para (I run para and go DW personally) - Top DPS build for actually killing things, total glass cannon though
    Some stupid SnB thing with rb/pally
    Some Ragestorm thing with a 2her

    That's all I can think of.

  10. #55
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Sorry, stopped reading here. I beat all but our top 38 para 2h warrior on Sicaron this week with a 38 para dual wield. This includes 2 other warriors running that build with P8 weapons, and another running BM.

    I do agree with the sentiment though, I said as much a few weeks ago in this thread:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...right-now.html
    They were doing it wrong.

    38 para 2h beats DW every time, given similar gear levels.

  11. #56
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    They were doing it wrong.

    38 para 2h beats DW every time, given similar gear levels.
    Only if they do the rotation flawlessly and always have fervor/tablet available. Also, mostly only on Sicaron, because of how the damage bonus is calculated. On Murdantix I can tend to beat our 2h warriors.

  12. #57
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunacresia View Post
    This may be attributed to the recent patches' changes to slayer's bearing. Prior to 1.5 and without the slayer's bearing bug, a 2h RW build or BM with a proper rotation would always blow a DW build out the water on the DPS meter (on a standstill dps race).
    Isn't that a charming nerf.

  13. #58
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by When View Post
    The only thing I will agree on is the reliance on fiery burst. If the devs can make other finishers viable, it will open up the game a lot more both in pvp and pve.


    This will never occur until PvP is isolated from PvE in regard to finishers.


    The problem is largely psychological. For our finishers to equal the damage of Fiery Burst would put them at such a high number that PvP people would freak out. Other classes would freak out in PvE as well, after comparing to their own?

    Same reason, IMHO opinion, bloodthirst just got nerfed. The thing was already on 30 second cooldown.

    Right now, folks see FB tickin' for a few 100 in PvP, no cause for alarm, or a symbol to grasp and complain about in the forums.


    Wack 'em for 1,000 in a single hit and everyone freaks out.


    Maybe all of our finishers made into DoTs???

  14. #59
    Ascendant Marrocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post
    Maybe all of our finishers made into DoTs???
    No, the answer is to attach DoTs to Reaping Harvest, Deathblow, and Punishing Blow and increase Tearing slash's bleed DoT damage.

    It should equal Fiery's damage (plus the applying finisher on the direct damage portion of said finishers) over the course of the DoT and the direct damage should remain where it's at.

    This would make those finishers worth a crap and would unglue us from RB in every DPS build.

    These DoTs should scale with the points spent in the trees that provide the finishers.

    Then the passives that they can't balance around (Tot5R, Weapon Spec, Rift Fury, Deadly Strikes) can be converted into talents that instead increase AP's contribution to our damage and possibly provide some regen outside of crit.

    Doing this would go a long ways towards fixing warriors in a logical fashion.
    Last edited by Marrocco; 10-03-2011 at 05:52 AM.

  15. #60
    Ascendant Marrocco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Make the damage magical on the DoT component so it can be dispelled if this is doing too much damage.

    I don't think it will with how burst healing is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts