+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: State of the Warrior 1.5

Soulwalker

With the invention of the gun (Marksman), the sword (Warrior) became obsolete. Never, in this type of setting, should the warriors have to hide behind the rogues. I'm all for rolling with the punches and working through new patches but why is that we have to find a work-around for the one thing we're designed to do - hit hard and take lots of damage?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
    Nobody is "tricking" players into thinking that Trion isn't listening to their feedback. Trion has created that impression, not any player. Which community feedback was Trion listening to exactly when they nerfed ParaChamp 30% across the board rendering it unviable for PvP? Was Trion listening to our community when they gave our reactives internal CDs, or nerfed interrupt damage, or a myriad of the other nerfs that have left our calling in its current lackluster state and relegated us all to variations of Riftblade for DPS in PvP? They still haven't re-prioritized our stat weights for STR instead of DEX, they have yet to address the issue with physical damage mitigation, and yet they buff Rogues to near godhood and want to introduce absurd ideas like not allowing the opposing faction to see your wardrobe.

There has been ZERO demonstration by Trion that we should believe our feedback isn't falling on deaf ears. Communication is a two-way street. I have yet to see Trion listening to any reasonable suggestions when it comes to the Warrior community. In fact, historically, it appears quite the opposite. The only "community feedback" they seem to be listening to is the sheer quantity of unjustified, badly argued complaints from personally biased (and often poorly played) players about perceived balance issues that have nothing to do with calling and everything to do with gear disparity. Why should we have faith that they will start listening to us now when it's evident that they are more concerned about retaining subscribers who feel entitled to IWIN buttons (in the face of some of the most threatening MMO competition on the horizon since WoW came out 6 years ago) than they are about actually balancing the game? Why do you think there's this growing sentiment to move Warrior discussions to a private forum? Players, at least from the Warrior community, don't trust Trion anymore. We don't believe they truly have balance in mind when we see such constant, heavy handed and nonsensical nerfs, and when they consistently fail to recognize the predicament that THEY have put Warriors in when it comes to PvP.

I'm sorry, man, but Trion has to earn that trust before anyone can expect there to be any sort of open dialogue about our calling issues. I have yet to see any justification for this that would lead me to believe that positive feedback is important to them or an effective means of communication with their developers. The fact is, THEY have antagonized their Warrior community, and they have a long way to go to restore that lost faith in them. Whether they are willing or able to do that before this game becomes a ghost town remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, they are running out of time.
    made me log in from work just so I could like this comment...

too bad no one who matters will read it let alone respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
    Nobody is "tricking" players into thinking that Trion isn't listening to their feedback. Trion has created that impression, not any player. Which community feedback was Trion listening to exactly when they nerfed ParaChamp 30% across the board rendering it unviable for PvP? Was Trion listening to our community when they gave our reactives internal CDs, or nerfed interrupt damage, or a myriad of the other nerfs that have left our calling in its current lackluster state and relegated us all to variations of Riftblade for DPS in PvP? They still haven't re-prioritized our stat weights for STR instead of DEX, they have yet to address the issue with physical damage mitigation, and yet they buff Rogues to near godhood and want to introduce absurd ideas like not allowing the opposing faction to see your wardrobe.

There has been ZERO demonstration by Trion that we should believe our feedback isn't falling on deaf ears. Communication is a two-way street. I have yet to see Trion listening to any reasonable suggestions when it comes to the Warrior community. In fact, historically, it appears quite the opposite. The only "community feedback" they seem to be listening to is the sheer quantity of unjustified, badly argued complaints from personally biased (and often poorly played) players about perceived balance issues that have nothing to do with calling and everything to do with gear disparity. Why should we have faith that they will start listening to us now when it's evident that they are more concerned about retaining subscribers who feel entitled to IWIN buttons (in the face of some of the most threatening MMO competition on the horizon since WoW came out 6 years ago) than they are about actually balancing the game? Why do you think there's this growing sentiment to move Warrior discussions to a private forum? Players, at least from the Warrior community, don't trust Trion anymore. We don't believe they truly have balance in mind when we see such constant, heavy handed and nonsensical nerfs, and when they consistently fail to recognize the predicament that THEY have put Warriors in when it comes to PvP.

I'm sorry, man, but Trion has to earn that trust before anyone can expect there to be any sort of open dialogue about our calling issues. I have yet to see any justification for this that would lead me to believe that positive feedback is important to them or an effective means of communication with their developers. The fact is, THEY have antagonized their Warrior community, and they have a long way to go to restore that lost faith in them. Whether they are willing or able to do that before this game becomes a ghost town remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, they are running out of time.

Well said, sir. I never bothered with, or considered using the Like feature until today.
    Last edited by Magnos; 09-30-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Sure hope Trion is taking note of all the unhappiness in the Warrior forum as of late.

And yes, I totally agree with OP.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacresia View Post
    -38 RW paragon/champ/rb is still good, warriors are still able to regularly top the DPS charts in raids. However, the build selection is limited as warriors currently have no good dual wield options. 38 para and BM are still the top specs for warriors in this meta.
    Sorry, stopped reading here. I beat all but our top 38 para 2h warrior on Sicaron this week with a 38 para dual wield. This includes 2 other warriors running that build with P8 weapons, and another running BM.

I do agree with the sentiment though, I said as much a few weeks ago in this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...right-now.html

Rift Chaser

trouble is, warriors have had it so good for so long that they have just come to expect they should be the top dog.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    trouble is, warriors have had it so good for so long that they have just come to expect they should be the top dog.

So developer theory Warrior is a productive class, we will keep lots of subs by ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    In what, PvE single target DPS?

That can't be a serious statement considering we've been nerfed constantly since the beginning of 1.4.

Statements like that don't surprise me however, considering that you are a Mage.

dude dont ever post builds here it will just get nurfed please under stand that mate
    Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Happy Trails Khalsa.
    Although I am not one of them, many Defiants will rest more at ease now the "killin" machine has moved on.
    Haha Ciao Doc

im just a gw2 waiting dude btw :d
    when i frist got the game was like omfg this game is amazing, i can sub to this game for ever to stop me thinking of spending money in other places. i play a warrior like the others then all of sudden warriors kept getting nurf. i dont know how i trade my r5 axe in for a sword and board spec so had to re earn it all! :/ from r1 all the way threw to r8 @ r8 now they do this nurf i have lost alot of dps alot of cool downs been added. thought well dam now i want to roll 2h spec now what i do earn all that from scratch again as i sold my axe to a genral store for some coins to use potal.

im so lost now i agree rouges needed buffing but i didnt agree warriors need nurfing. to me this game is like owning a nurf gun its fun till you loose most your ammo. this game will always remain as a gap game for me since these nurfs i hope gw2 comes before xmas.

there has really been no thought on how a warrior should be played from trion, all these GCD and CD on each skill. dex was going to even get more messed up then it already is . Strength should be the main focus of warriros but most go for dex why make it this way?

im guessing you want warriors to roll tank so that every subscriber can be happy killing a dragon your designer made in a freaking dungion some were remote.

have you thought most ppl play mmo for pking pvp. Were this is a test of skill.

my crits are 500 avredge on a r5 dude in my r8 gear im sword and board remember and these crits happen sometimes. if you cant balance classes why not just get rid of all of them and just make everyone play rouge that way you have a option to play fairly.

the main thing that annoyed me about this game is this:
    battle field 3 beta comes out... so they release a update agreeable correct new game content makes people subscribe longer while the new game goes into its own cool down. how ever what guys faild to do is fix most the bugs lets say you guys fixed 20/100 thats 20% of the bugs did a update and now created another 100 bugs thats 20% fixed tonight. dam i dont know how you guys cocked up war fronts today i wasted 2 favour vails thanks to it, first war front comes out all was good then all of sudden it went from esclated to nothing then the thing would dispear every time i pressed "k" to join tried even using the option under chat same thing. so you guys are now fixing it well done how many more bugs have you yet to fix

a new bug i found if you are in a aoe and i decide to rift walk into another one were my mate is attacking it has no effect amazing.

another bug my charcter dispears off my screen for no reason its annoying since i play pvp server i dont know if im front of the guy hitting him or he is dancing around me attacking me

another bug some times after killing lots of monsters my armor turns black

another bug touch of life only works 95% of the time

take these as a example...

i was going to post some postive feed back as i migrated to a pvp server and find it amazing. but now all these nurfs i feel sick of playing my warrior
    your answer roll another class, no thanks i worked so hard to get it to r8 why should now roll another character, why do this when i only have little time left on this game?

have you looked at how many warriors you have lost in the last 3 days played?
    Happy Trails Khalsa.
    Although I am not one of them, many Defiants will rest more at ease now the "killin" machine has moved on.
    Haha Ciao Doc

and today we have a postive update: well sort of we get to share the warfronts dont disappear ;)
    SOULS
    * Archmage [PvP]: Double Tap: Fixed an issue where this would not proc off of abilities using mesmerize, confuse, or polymorphs to interrupt casting.
    * Archon: Favored Ally: Fixed an issue where this was no longer affecting the radius of Archon auras.
    * Bladedancer: Weapon Barrage: Will no longer fail to interrupt casting if the target is immune to Silence.
    * Chloromancer: Essence Surge: Fixed an issue causing this to be reflected by spell reflect buffs.
    * Pyromancer: Improved Glyphs of Power will correctly affect the PvP version of Glyphs of Power.
    * Burning Shield: Ranks 2-8 no longer require a Ground spell in order to cast them.
    Happy Trails Khalsa.
    Haha Ciao Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Khalsa84 View Post
    and today we have a postive update: well sort of we get to share the warfronts dont disappear ;)
    SOULS
    * Archmage [PvP]: Double Tap: Fixed an issue where this would not proc off of abilities using mesmerize, confuse, or polymorphs to interrupt casting.
    * Archon: Favored Ally: Fixed an issue where this was no longer affecting the radius of Archon auras.
    * Bladedancer: Weapon Barrage: Will no longer fail to interrupt casting if the target is immune to Silence.
    * Chloromancer: Essence Surge: Fixed an issue causing this to be reflected by spell reflect buffs.
    * Pyromancer: Improved Glyphs of Power will correctly affect the PvP version of Glyphs of Power.
    * Burning Shield: Ranks 2-8 no longer require a Ground spell in order to cast them.
    When you say "positive update" and then list mage changes...I get confused...lol.

Were you just being sarcastic?

Missed that Bladedancer fix though...that IS good to hear. Took us a minute to figure out why we were wiping in DH (3rd boss) when it's usually just a farming run...

I don't see anything about changing taunts back/fixing SO though, so I'm still pissed...

...or VK's Spark not even working half of the time.

Rift Chaser

i completly agree

So

[x] signed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast