+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: State of the Warrior 1.5

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kreachur View Post
    yes we have had alot of nerfs but we have to keep in mind that this is a fairly new game and they just havent completely worked everything out. yes i agree that all the changes are getting a little annoying but we just have to give them a little while and they will get it all straightened out. most games take a little while to get everything where it needs to be
    Yeah, I agree. I am willing to ride it out a bit longer. But on a monthly sub.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacresia View Post

Positive feedback from players is ALWAYS important in a game like this.
    Warrior feedback has never been important to Trion. Look at all the unfixed bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyform View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I am willing to ride it out a bit longer. But on a monthly sub.
    yeah i understand. they still have alot to fix and it seems like they are kinda over looking warriors atm but if you want to admit it or not rogues did need a little buff. but id give it a few more months and im sure itll get better

Champion of Telara

yes we have had alot of nerfs but we have to keep in mind that this is a fairly new game and they just havent completely worked everything out. yes i agree that all the changes are getting a little annoying but we just have to give them a little while and they will get it all straightened out. most games take a little while to get everything where it needs to be
    Shame this game will be long dead before then.

Ascendant

Agreed 100% trion is slowly killing our class

Ascendant

yeah i understand. they still have alot to fix and it seems like they are kinda over looking warriors atm but if you want to admit it or not rogues did need a little buff. but id give it a few more months and im sure itll get better
    Seriously, I went through this sort of buffing and nerfing in Warhammer and they never got it right. It wasn't until 2 years down the road and Gersh was gone and the game was empty that they got things balanced.

Telaran

Okay wow. Tanking is still very versatile. You can go deep paladin, deep vk, deep warlord, and much more. For any true tank, there's a place for all of them. It's sad that as soon as Ciderhelm left, all his work has been forgotten.

PvE DpS also has a good variety. Remember last week when rogues only rolled sabodancer? Do you guys remember when BM was the only viable raid spec? Now, Lameboi has shown that 51 rb has a future with enough AP. Valth has shown that DW can be optimized to be competitive. Sharogy and Sharashen have shown that BM can be almost competitive with 38 2h para. There are those working on 51 champ builds, and are happy with their progress. No one is forced into 38 2h, and there are other viable options.

The only thing I will agree on is the reliance on fiery burst. If the devs can make other finishers viable, it will open up the game a lot more both in pvp and pve.

Soulwalker

Default PVE warrior Good Pvp warrior Quit

I started this game As a Rogue Hit 50 didnt gear it dropped it and Rolled a Warrior cause my guild needed a tank. So at that Junction I said ok whatever. I then Started PVPing when i hit 50 on my warrior. A week ago I hit P8 I s/b the entire way to p8. My job sit in the Melee Zone Soak up damage and drain their Clerics mages and warriors of their health. Yes I could sit there forever and use Warden HoT's to stay alive.

Now I can't Do the Job assigned to a warrior. I can't soak up the Armor Pen from Rogue MM's. WF are covered in Fan out Spam. Everyone Is the same but with a 50% heal debuff the team with the most MM's win. No matter the class Mage Cleric Warrior or Rogue if you dont have the most MM's on your side your not winning.

Our Reactives being nerfed means i cant Touch a cleric or a chlorolock. All I have to say Enjoy Rogues your the new Para/champs. And since you hit as hard as we DID and i stress DID cause since 1.3 we havent been Super OP Just great in melee, even though you can do it at 30 meters away.

So Now I log in for raid no more. My sub will renew for October. If nothing is done to fix and balance PVP where every class can Do damage and survive brawls and not have to find one guy to get a KB or find a guy at half health for a nerfed BT proc to try and go for a second then I will cancel and play battlefield 3 Skyrim and Modernwarfare 3.

Trion Make a real PVP experience or you'll lose your player base.

Rift Master

Warriors in 1.5 are not bad, but their inflexibility is making them very boring to play.
    Well, I agree to this mainly. Some flexibility would be nice.
    -Rogues do nearly the same DPS as 2h para now. Leave it that way and use the time for giving us viable support and maybe even healing.
    -Rework RB and BM to be viable with both DW and 2handed. RB is sort of trying to do this but it only works for daggers and only with massive amounts of AP.
    -Bring RB, BM and DW Paragon up to where 2h Para currently is. DW Para ablities surely could use a slight increase to weapon damage scaling since the weapon damage calculation from DW seems to be a bit weak
    -All finishers need a rework

-PvP warriors are pretty broken, basicaly they are simply too weak. I think a finisher rework would benefit them a lot. Personally I don't do pvp and normally don't care about it but it still needs fixing.

Worriors are the new squishie.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by rofltehcat View Post
    -PvP warriors are pretty broken, basicaly they are simply too weak. I think a finisher rework would benefit them a lot. Personally I don't do pvp and normally don't care about it but it still needs fixing.
    I just stand behind the wall of rogues now and try to pick off anything that survives their volley. Not exactly what I envisioned a plate-wearing class to be doing in a WF, but Trion obviously had something else in mind for the class.

Rift Disciple

a very good and well thought out OP.

Like it has been said before, every recent patch seems to bring a nerf to warrior and frankly we are all getting sick and tired of it. 'What next?' is the question many of us do ask ourselves everytime a patch comes along. Something positive would be nice for a change.

Yes we still do great single-target dps, yes we are still the best tanks in the game. But these come at a cost - we have to get into melee range and have no third role.

In PVE, we are gimped in any fights with movement or melee-unfriendly effects and our aoe DPS is substandard to ALL the other classes

PVP warriors have been completely nerfed by the bad rogues/mages who moaned constantly about dying in melee range while the good ones kited us around and easily killed us from a distance. Now we are stuck dying to both the idiots and the good players.

We are stuck with very limited builds, constant nerfs, and it just feels like a constant battle to remain competitive - it is a very frustrating class to be right now and I can understand if many reroll.

Please Trion, give us something positive. Give us a good self heal for pvp, boost our aoe dps, fix the broken pvp soul - just make warriors fun again!

Rift Disciple

The warrior community's fear of nerfs should never stop us from providing positive feedback and constructive thinking concerning the state of the warrior. Warriors have been changed alot since nerf, but have never truly been unplayable. This is antagonizing Trion more than needed.

Effective balance and tuning takes time and it's our responsibility to continue to provide feedback if there are problems with our class.

Trion has to balance current changes with future changes planned for the game and warrior. Many of the changes we are seeing or failing to see may be because of major planned changes that will be occurring later in the game (such as a a change to stat weight or one of the core mechanics to the warrior).

Positive feedback from players is ALWAYS important in a game like this. Stop tricking players into thinking that player feed back is not important to Trion. This game has been community driven since day one and that hasn't changed.

Making people believe that their opinion doesn't matter does nothing but hurt both the devs and players. Success of this game is based on ideas coming from both sides of the fence.

Just because a change occurs that players don't like doesn't mean that the devs are not listening. We do not have access to the source code of the game and have no idea who difficult some of these ideas (as good as they might be) are to implement. Also big changes take time. Constant bandaid fixes will not remedy the current class problems with warriors in RIFT (or any class for that matter).

People who antagonize the devs because every outcry concerning change that they want isn't put into the game will not help, those that provide constructive feedback and take time to explore the deeper mechanics of the game in order to provide good insight will become the voice of the community (and 99% of the time make better players).
    Nobody is "tricking" players into thinking that Trion isn't listening to their feedback. Trion has created that impression, not any player. Which community feedback was Trion listening to exactly when they nerfed ParaChamp 30% across the board rendering it unviable for PvP? Was Trion listening to our community when they gave our reactives internal CDs, or nerfed interrupt damage, or a myriad of the other nerfs that have left our calling in its current lackluster state and relegated us all to variations of Riftblade for DPS in PvP? They still haven't re-prioritized our stat weights for STR instead of DEX, they have yet to address the issue with physical damage mitigation, and yet they buff Rogues to near godhood and want to introduce absurd ideas like not allowing the opposing faction to see your wardrobe.

There has been ZERO demonstration by Trion that we should believe our feedback isn't falling on deaf ears. Communication is a two-way street. I have yet to see Trion listening to any reasonable suggestions when it comes to the Warrior community. In fact, historically, it appears quite the opposite. The only "community feedback" they seem to be listening to is the sheer quantity of unjustified, badly argued complaints from personally biased (and often poorly played) players about perceived balance issues that have nothing to do with calling and everything to do with gear disparity. Why should we have faith that they will start listening to us now when it's evident that they are more concerned about retaining subscribers who feel entitled to IWIN buttons (in the face of some of the most threatening MMO competition on the horizon since WoW came out 6 years ago) than they are about actually balancing the game? Why do you think there's this growing sentiment to move Warrior discussions to a private forum? Players, at least from the Warrior community, don't trust Trion anymore. We don't believe they truly have balance in mind when we see such constant, heavy handed and nonsensical nerfs, and when they consistently fail to recognize the predicament that THEY have put Warriors in when it comes to PvP.

I'm sorry, man, but Trion has to earn that trust before anyone can expect there to be any sort of open dialogue about our calling issues. I have yet to see any justification for this that would lead me to believe that positive feedback is important to them or an effective means of communication with their developers. The fact is, THEY have antagonized their Warrior community, and they have a long way to go to restore that lost faith in them. Whether they are willing or able to do that before this game becomes a ghost town remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain, they are running out of time.
    Last edited by Mournblood; 09-30-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    Graymane the Reaper
    R40 Guardian Warrior

So since Deadly Strikes is working as intended, which results in RW Para being the top 2h dps spec (imo i think this is ******ed having a 2h using a dual wield build). I think DW para needs to be brought back up a bit. Wotw or deadly grace, 1 of these should atleast be affected by SLI.

I play a warrior cause I like getting nerfed every patch.
    Keenblade (Nexilis - 11/11 HK)

38 talent points spent in a tree using two abilities from the tree is amazing class mechanic design.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast