+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 1.5 It is worse then I thought.

Ascendant

Have to agree i just hit r8 today and the loss of my burst damage made a huge dent in my dps. Its a struggle to acheive 100k damage in a wf now than before. Hell id be lucky to even end a match with 70k damage while rouges are topping the charts. Im not going to cancel my sub but i will not renew it when it runs out either.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    How so? I didn't see anything in the notes about it.
    All taunts now share the same cool down so no longer can you go warlord for Sergeants order and another single target taunt.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I'm not at 50 on my warrior, but I ALWAYS feel more powerful on my warrior than my other classes. PvE and PvP.
    Who honestly cares about <50 pvp? The end game is where it counts and until you are 50 with at least a full set of Prestige rank2 armor and a P4 equivalent weapon you don't know what the end game is like.

Also have you even logged in today yet and seen the difference in your warrior or are you talking about 1.4 still? If you are talking about how your warrior did in 1.4, why? This is 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by LandingSupport View Post
    All taunts now share the same cool down so no longer can you go warlord for Sergeants order and another single target taunt.
    ...and several taunt abilities don't proc subdue (bug, hopefully)

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    Ok so I am relatively new here with lots of PvP experience from other games but only one month in Rift. Was Gladiator ranked Warlock in WoW. Had a caster, melee healer, and a tank in Warhammer. Caster, Rogue, and Tank in Dark Age of Camelot. For any MMO I play now it is only for PvP, I could care less about PvE dps or class balance.

That premise out of the way I currently have a P4 warrior with all pvp gear and a variety of specs ranging from 2H to S&B. Playing so far today I have absolutely no burst dps. It seems that my energy regen is also much lower using the same exact spec. If you have any heavy champ or paragon builds you have a little higher burst dps but were also nerfed harder then the other souls. Bloodthirst hits a lot harder now but isn't doing me much good because I am not getting many killing blows now. It used to be that you would Bull Rush someone with a preloaded 3AP Fiery Burst, hit them Bloodthirst from your recent kill which chained into frenzied strike and Bash creating huge burst dps. Not anymore, not even close. Even with lingering wounds I have a real hard time killing anyone.

In most MMOs warriors are the natural counter to Rogues, not anymore. I Bull Rushed some rogues that were out of stealth opening with a 3AP Fiery Burst. Rogue stealthed then stunned me and by the time I came out of stun I was at about 30-40%. The rogue was not P8, I think we were comparably equipped.

Using a 32 RB/23 Champ/11 VK shield warrior I had reasonable burst dps and with proper use of Wind Spear, Rift Surge, and Fiery Burst I could take down healers that weren't getting chain healed. This morning I chased a healer for over a minute and could not kill him. Going 2H with my 38 champ, 21 Paragon, 7 RB was even worse. Lost lots of survivability to melee dps and lost half the burst.

I never felt that warrior dps was over the top, we just had good burst. The burst is completely gone now and am having difficulty killing anyone if there is competent healing going on. What have been the experiences of the other warriors? For now I am going to cancel my 3 month sub plan and move it to one month while I evaluate if I want to continue paying for this game.
    Sorry but i dont feel bad that you have hard time killing anyone. Because anyone that is equally geared with you and a competent player should be a challenge. And warrior has another OP spec for everyone to run to just look for it or check the forums in a couple days. And im still finding it hard to believe you didnt think warrior was "over the top". Anyone that can insta rush to target stun them to 50% or lower health, reduce all healing they recieve by 50% (uncleansable),and walk away with 90% health is OP. Even 1.1 pyro couldnt manage that.

These threads amuse me. I look forward to them every patch

*popcorn*

Art is meant to upset people, science reassures them.
    ~Georges Braque

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Sorry but i dont feel bad that you have hard time killing anyone. Because anyone that is equally geared with you and a competent player should be a challenge. And warrior has another OP spec for everyone to run to just look for it or check the forums in a couple days. And im still finding it hard to believe you didnt think warrior was "over the top". Anyone that can insta rush to target stun them to 50% or lower health, reduce all healing they recieve by 50% (uncleansable),and walk away with 90% health is OP. Even 1.1 pyro couldnt manage that.
    Really 90% health left I would like to shake that warriors hand. Remember we can't heal ourselves. So no damage was dealt so im guessing you failed.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    I got crit for 3600 from a pyro mage with 950 valor gear on. Do you think that is ok? Of course you do because your a Mage and mages should be able to kill someone just like a 2H warrior should be able to kill people. Anyone that can hit someone from range and bring them below 50% or lower health is OP, touche. This is a 1.5 Pyro mage, not 1.1

I've been stunned by Flashfire and brought bleow 50% health before I came out of stun, is that ok? Quit being a hypocrite.

I can't change my spec and become a ranged Warrior. I can't change my spec and become a healing warrior. The only thing I can do is to tank or spank and its always in melee range.
    Last edited by Zarbane; 09-28-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Ascendant

Burst was all we had. Its all that kept me interested in my warrior. I have no interest in Rift now. Like many my 6 month sub comes up soon and Trion has done nothing to earn more money from me.

1.4.5 Warrior was acceptable, now it is just crap.

Soulwalker

Default Deal with it.

Most of you are all cry babies imho. As with every other MMO there is a flavor of the month and this month we are not it. Get over it and play the damn game. If you don't have fun with it then what is the point of playing? You don't have to win everything to have fun either. Just my 2 cents.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Visgar View Post
    Most of you are all cry babies imho. As with every other MMO there is a flavor of the month and this month we are not it. Get over it and play the damn game. If you don't have fun with it then what is the point of playing? You don't have to win everything to have fun either. Just my 2 cents.
    I expected more from Rift than typical flavor of the month crap.

Each calling has 8 souls FFS and they routinely destroy most of them - thereby being able to control the 2-3 that people use for pvp.

If that is acceptable to you then fine. But after 10 or more years of MMO development you would think Hartsman - any game developer really - and the people he has hired could do better that what we have come to expect from Warhammer and WOW.

TBH I think people have come to accept this rather crummy game model and there is no need to. There is no reason the classes can not be balanced in a more professional manner than they are now.

Sledgehammer buffs and nerfs are not earning them customers. Learn to balance with a piece of sand paper in the future.

Ceb
    Shadowlander

Default You warrior qq cuz u suck

So I love seeing how many bad warriors there are now coming out of the closet.

I did a couple Warfronts after the 1.5 patch and im still on top for damage and killing blows.

First game:
    117k dmg 11 kb 1 death

Second game:
    124k dmg 14 kb 0 death

You all need to check your specs before QQ'ing. Your giving ALL us good warriors a bad name and giving a great MMO a bad wrap. At least complain about the subdue spec, thats the only nerf that hit PvP Warriors hard. Seeing how you all complain about the wrong things just shows me that you don't know your class. Good bye baddies, hello better players.

Ceb
    Last edited by Ceb; 09-28-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    <Banished> Guild Leader
    Rank 8 Warrior
    "Purpose over Power!"

Quote Originally Posted by LandingSupport View Post
    Yeah. Subdue doesn't work anymore with Airburst, Spark and Tempest.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...k-anymore.html

So no tanking or dps in PvP. When do we get our healer role?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceb View Post
    So I love seeing how many bad warriors there are now coming out of the closet.

I did a couple Warfronts after the 1.5 patch and im still on top for damage and killing blows.

First game:
    117k dmg 11 kb 1 death

Second game:
    124k dmg 14 kb 0 death

You all need to check your specs before QQ'ing. Your giving ALL us good warriors a bad name and giving a great MMO a bad wrap. At least complain about the subdue spec, thats the only nerf that hit PvP Warriors hard. Seeing how you all complain about the wrong things just shows me that you don't know your class. Good bye baddies, hello better players.

Ceb
    Post your spec?

The amount of crying from Warriors makes me ashamed to be one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast