+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So no stat changes for warriors?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shockakhan View Post
    Yup. I'm annoyed too.

I had a full AP Sigil Waiting. With the changes and swap of my Source Machine and me actually wearing Tank Gear, I would have had more Crit, and More AP.

It's all good. < 3 more months and I'm Outtiez 5000 anyhow.
    Wearing "Plate Gear"...

/past5minutemarktoedit

I was looking forward to the changes. Strength needs to mean more for warriors, this was at least a step in the right direction.

I wrote this in another thread...

The writing is on the wall. Trion has dugged their own grave with this mistake from the start. After 1.5, Rogues will be the class that Warriors should have been all along. Rogues will have tank, dps, range dps and heal/support capability (their motifs do not get overwritten as our Warlord buff calls do) with the correct stat contribution from Str.

What a massive mistake Trion has made. Double that when they decided against switching Warriors over. Ultimately this will lead to even bigger issues down the road. With 1.5 Rogues will be the fotm. There will be an increase of Rogues. But Warriors will continue to roll on leather. Therefore, the friction and argument between Plate vs Leather continues. Trion cannot see the forest, they only see the trees. This is a huge red flag now that Star Wars is right around the corner. Star Wars can overtake Rift with good design and less content. Rift has poor design but more content.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    This is a huge red flag now that Guild Wars 2 is right around the corner.
    Fixed that for ya, Steelwind. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by id0l View Post
    Fixed that for ya, Steelwind. ;)
    Thanks =)

Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

Shadowlander

The stat jumping on the PTS where way to high.
    changing Str to Crit from 0 to 1? that was to much.
    Small scaling fixes to "push" Str but dont dumpt Dex woud be the way to go.
    Lets say something like
    Str: 0.75Ap (like it is) and 0.25 Crit
    and Agi: 0.25AP (like it is) and 0.75 Crit (slite nerf)

But hey lets test it with 0.75 and 1 crit or 50/50? how ever just take a big fat hammer to make a fix...

Trion still have a long way to go, to bring 4x8(9 pvp soul) classes into balance.
    I can understand that they cant do this with 1 patch :P

Well if we are lucky they will bring a stat change to warriors in a hotfix. But i dont think so as long as we do "top" DPS in PvE they are not going to fix problems inside the warrior class.
    So we will need about 3 more PvP based nerfs till we get a few problems fixed.

Ah and btw.
    22.12 is the Official StarWars release. So Trion have some more time ,)
    Last edited by Isdren; 09-26-2011 at 01:09 PM.

The proposed fix was merely calling Dexterity by another name, Strength.

Lazy, sloppy, uncreative and ultimately what made me cancel my account for the next few months. I don't feel the balance team knows what to do or the courage to break player expectations.

That is inherently poor and weak design.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 09-26-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Shadowlander

honestly, it would have been a major upgrade for warriors, thats probably why they reversed it. I already bought all the plate ros badge gear as well as have the bis leather peices, ros marks arent hard to come by for a raider.

Wearing full delia's over the leather peices, my ap would have went up around 100, and my crit would have went up well past the softcap of 1182(was it?) with raid buffs on, gaining over 200 crit rating. I had also bought two new lessers from vendor that would have gave more ap over crit cuz of the softcap, when i first heard about the change from the current live with leather pieces on.

I crunched all the numbers when it first was announced, and that wasnt even counting the upgrades from hk that had more str than dex.

Very sad at the reversal of this change. =(

GRAKK SMAAAAASH!

You don't really need to worry about crit on plate anyway. Wearing full plate of Rt1 content, rings/necks, enchants, etc- a warrior does pretty well for themselves in the crit department. There is a bot of passive crit on warrior weapons as well.

Natch, Leather will net more raw crit. But not so much it's worth giving up a Syn crystal in most cases. Leather is pretty good for pre-GSB warriors, though that too will drop with dungeon gear syns.

Seems pretty dumb and short sighted to be wearing leather as a warrior these days. Crit sot cap and synergy crystals all but have made plate the defacto warrior armor.

Now about those relic warrior 1hs...
    Last edited by titansgrip; 09-26-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Ascendant

I think they felt that the stat changes might have proven the opposite of a nerf and this goes against Trion's warrior design philosophy.

oh well, it finally gave me incentive to finish my Dhel's plate gear for raids...

but even tho it isnt happening, at least there is still a small benefit, synergy crystals.
    so at least i didnt completely waste my time, just slightly.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Soulwalker

Very disappointed that the changes are not going through in 1.5.

Very very.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I don't think people are ever going to be satisfied. They don't foresee the consequences of these seemingly different ideas.

For example, we have many players who refer to AP and how it scales poorly (including myself). What most of these people do not consider is that if they actually make AP scale, it will likely be a NERF to warriors. If they just added higher AP coefficients to every skill, we'd be maybe 4.5k dps on Sicaron, and that wouldn't work, be balanced, or fair. So, they would nerf abilities as they stand and at a certain (higher) Ap level we will see the dps levels achieved currently. This could certainly balance warriors, but of course people would cry and ragequit without realizing we're probably still on top in terms of dps, like we've always been.
    Someone gets it.

Be thankful we don't scale with AP. Core talents would have to be nerfed considerably with every new tier of gear/weapons.

In the end, we would stay relatively the same throughout all the gear progression, and the game is a nightmare for a fresh 50 Warrior.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3