+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 50 gearing direction and advice for DPS warrior

Soulwalker

Default New 50 gearing direction and advice for DPS warrior

I just hit 50 a few day ago. I have gotten enough gear to get into T2's. A mix of leather and plate. I bought the source machine for 7500 planarite, and filled it with whatever lesser essences I had and a Gibbous Shadesource. The only trinket I have is the level 30 Red Scar Insignia. Currently Im using the 1.3 Kutsuu AOE power build for T1 and T2's. And using Kruunch's grinding build to grind of course. BTW thanks for both. I know that with 1.5 possible changes I going to hold of on buying any PoA gear, which I was to told skip the minor relics stuff and save for the elder. All I'm really doing is grinding T1 and T2's and grinding rep while I wait for que's.

So my questions are-

1. What trinkets I should be trying to get pre-raid?

2. Should I start PVPing for trinkets and gear? I do prefer PVE.

3. How important is weapon damage compared to other stats?

4. What essences should I be using and where do I get them?

5. What should I do about a Synergy Crystal?

6. What runes and enchants do I want?

7. What crafted gear should I be working towards and how good is it?

I know this is alot. I'm just a little lost. I would really appreciate any advice or links to the answers. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CM3g1cwI#gid=2

go check that bis list, that can guide you.

My advice is go get all the crafting / action house items you need to reach T2 str/hit cap, then start quein for t2 like crazy, farm your plaques of achievment.

good luck!

Plane Touched

For dps warriors, there are 4 new crafted items introduced recently, including a 2 handed sword.

The sword will probably be your best option for dps prior to raid drops, depending on your spec. I would suggest you save for it before getting the other items crafted.

Not sure what you are using now for a weapon, but as you are saving for the blood-forged claymore, you can do fine with a Scalecutter, which is a crafted blue 2 hander with decent dps and stats.

The other new recipes for dps are shoulders, chest, and a ring. The chest will probably be the next biggest upgrade, as depending on augments it can get similar stats to the first tier raid chest bought with 100 marks of ascension.

For trinkets, there is one that drops from expert Runic Descent called Shard of Planes. It gives attack power, but currently only procs off attacks that do physical damage, so if you use a lot of riftblade, it doesn't work so well.

There is a decent trinket with just dps stats on it from doing the daily quests for the Order of the Eye, as well as the open world PvP rifts. You'll need favor and enough reputation with them to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by xVan View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CM3g1cwI#gid=2

go check that bis list, that can guide you.

My advice is go get all the crafting / action house items you need to reach T2 str/hit cap, then start quein for t2 like crazy, farm your plaques of achievment.

good luck!
    If the changes on the PTS go live, that sheet will be a little off and some will move around a bit. Strength means more than Dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
    If the changes on the PTS go live, that sheet will be a little off and some will move around a bit. Strength means more than Dex.
    this, make sure not to spend TOO much on dex enchants, because you'll likely have to replace them with strength ones (just the counterparts to each ie: 13 strength)

Soulwalker

Thx for the responses. That gear list really helped. So are the lessor essences>major essences. And im still like to know what to do about a synergy crystal. Are they pretty useless except the BM for BM spec. Do I just not worry about them.

Plane Touched

Unless / until they add synergy crystals for the tier 1 raid gear that you buy with marks of ascension in your main city, don't worry about it.

The current PvE synergy crystals come from Hammerknell which is a second tier raid. There are also ones for the transplanar armor sets bought in Iron Pine Peak, Shimmersand, and Stillmoor, but those sets are worse than crafted level 50 gear and most anything from tier 1 or 2 expert dungeons.

Otherwise you can PvP and get synergy crystals that go with that armor, as long as you have enough hit/focus for your PvE activities.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsil View Post
    this, make sure not to spend TOO much on dex enchants, because you'll likely have to replace them with strength ones (just the counterparts to each ie: 13 strength)
    13 str = helm/legs

13 dex = shoulders/chest

you will want the dex ones, you will want 5ap/18hit for helm/legs however.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread