+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NJoyTheSilence
  • 1 Post By tobiasfrost

Thread: Trion: RB pve builds are ruined from pvp fix, please read.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Trion: RB pve builds are ruined from pvp fix, please read.

    You have ruined rb pve builds with the pvp change. Please add a passive to rb that adds ap for each point spent into rb, or buff the ap contribution to rb abilities to keep it viable.

    I do not like losing builds I enjoy, please fix.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    You also did not like PvP gear being BiS for PvE. So, deal with it. Get PvE that helps you.

    All you people need to stop crying nerf on everything, then crying because they fixed what asked for.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Think before you post...

    Vengeance isnt factored into the 51pt RB bonus thus the PvP change breaks the usefulness of the the 51 pt speak in PvP.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    This whole debacle is a huge nerf to Warriors.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,448

    Default

    Why can't I ask for viable builds to stay viable? You make no sense post number 2 pssh. :P

    I do like most of the changes though.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
    Think before you post...

    Vengeance isnt factored into the 51pt RB bonus thus the PvP change breaks the usefulness of the the 51 pt speak in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Vengeance works as Attack or Spell Power when your target is engaged in PvP combat. Anything that is modified by Attack or Spell Power is also modified by Vengeance in PvP. (This includes both heals and attacks as well as buffs when calculations are made)

    Hope that makes sense - thanks
    I think the intention is for Vengeance to be calculated for all riftblade buffs, talents, and attacks when hitting and being attacked by PvP flagged players.

    If someone can prove it's not working correctly on the PTS, submit a bug report.

  7. #7
    Telaran Kaidagar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    It has been stated that Vengeance is supposed to be factored into PvP abilites that utilise attack power.

  8. #8
    Telaran Omnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidagar View Post
    It has been stated that Vengeance is supposed to be factored into PvP abilites that utilise attack power.
    Wait what does that have to do with PvE builds? Maybe I'm the one who can't read, but I thought this had to do with general lack of AP gear (PvE) in addition to the AP cuts of mix/matching PvP sets and how that affects the RB PvE builds.
    Omnom - Warrior @ Seastone
    4/4 GP, 4/4 DH, 5/5 GSB, 5/5 RoS, 1/11HK
    Rank 8 as of 9/23. Marksmen , Nightblade
    I fight people for carmintium nodes.

  9. #9
    Rift Master devilryuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    This whole debacle is a huge nerf to Warriors.
    Look on the bright side. you can use 58 DPS 2h from PVP in PVE. Getting 320 hit isn't such a huge issue, at least it's easier than praying to RNG gods to drop a HK 2h weapon.

    Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

  10. #10
    Ascendant nemecis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    man some people are clueless -

    PvP gear nerf in PvE = BIS items no longer available to 51RB PvE Specs. With no comparable replacement, 51RB spec effectively died with this change. It's not possible to stack enough Crit and AP to make it deal competative dps in PvE.

    The PvP nerf was marginal, and frankly unecessary (trinket could have made the AP Vengence and not nurf the overall Ap/Vengence number).

    Far too many QQ or anti-QQ without knowing the details.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker InferiOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    man some people are clueless -

    PvP gear nerf in PvE = BIS items no longer available to 51RB PvE Specs. With no comparable replacement, 51RB spec effectively died with this change. It's not possible to stack enough Crit and AP to make it deal competative dps in PvE.

    The PvP nerf was marginal, and frankly unecessary (trinket could have made the AP Vengence and not nurf the overall Ap/Vengence number).

    Far too many QQ or anti-QQ without knowing the details.
    But, wasn't that spec doing 200dps more than anything a cleric, rogue, or mage could do? How does a Warrior measure 'competative' (sic) DPS?

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    But, wasn't that spec doing 200dps more than anything a cleric, rogue, or mage could do? How does a Warrior measure 'competative' (sic) DPS?
    Since I can't heal or support, I measure it by how much I'm beating the other dps classes in my raid.

    However, the 51rb spec probably wouldn't have popped up at all without pvp synergy crystals, so while I am in favor of a range of specs, it doesn't make sense to buff a spec that was propped up by pvp gear.
    Last edited by hoppy; 09-03-2011 at 12:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    Since I can't heal or support, I measure it by how much I'm beating the other dps classes in my raid.

    However, the 51rb spec probably wouldn't have popped up at all without pvp synergy crystals, so while I am in favor of a range of specs, it doesn't make sense to buff a spec that was propped up by pvp gear.
    It doesn't make much sense that 51 rb is only viable with high amounts of AP, nearly unobtainable in all PVE gear because of the lack of AP available to warriors without sacrificing double the crit - needed to maintain power recuperation. Just my opinion.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flitch View Post
    It doesn't make much sense that 51 rb is only viable with high amounts of AP, nearly unobtainable in all PVE gear because of the lack of AP available to warriors without sacrificing double the crit - needed to maintain power recuperation. Just my opinion.
    True, but it doesn't make much sense that literally every pve raid spec uses fiery burst and most of them use surging energy because its broken.

    Fix other things plzzz

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    True, but it doesn't make much sense that literally every pve raid spec uses fiery burst and most of them use surging energy because its broken.

    Fix other things plzzz
    yeah, agreed. where would we be without fiery as finisher and surging energy fix? scary thought.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts