+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Realistic Damage?

Ascendant

Default Realistic Damage?

Lets be honest here about how much these RB builds are hitting for against people with good gear, R6+.

I see some crazy numbers but TBH the last patch has nerfed even my RB damage down from a consistent 1200 or so to less than 1000... 800-900 would be the norm now. Is this enough to kill anyone with any cross healing? Not really. This is with about 800 AP and 800 Crit. I can't even dent people before the silence wears off a lot of the time.

Do I demolish people in gear less than R6. Oh yeah. But then so does anyone. Stormcallers absolutely demolish low Rank people in seconds too... same with Assassins.

Running 51RB I give up lingering wounds and the damage goes back up to about 1200. An even trade. The only way to get any burst, is to use Ragestorm and a Burst close together, but even then barely moves a Chlorolock or Cleric's healthbar.

Yeah I have had my health bar vanish to a RB from time to time. But that was **** lucky a whole bunch of things critting in a short period of time. Most of the time you can not dent anyone in any situation with cross healing at all. Escalation is really bad for this.
    Last edited by solarbear; 08-21-2011 at 07:27 PM.

I am experiencing something similar..

I have a parachamp vind.. im only rank 2... but
    i used to do on average 1700-2200 crit on my good finishers.
    Now.. my finishers barely crit at all.. and the most that they have crit was 1200 MAX the max i have done on deathblow was 2700 or 2800.. now it only does a 1200 crit.
    Not only that.. but my builders tend to be the only ones critting, doing more damage than my finishers.
    I was disappointed today that my finishers were doing only 700 damage..
    they are finishers for a reason arent they? it takes 3 attack points to get to them?

Good burst damage by itself is nice but useless if you are just running at people trying to burst them down.. If you dont have a good CC rotation for pvp you are doing it wrong. Just aimlessly trying to burst people goes nowhere fast.

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

General of Telara

Whats rediculous is R6+ clerics topping the charts in KB, Damage, and Healing.. Not to mention damn near impossible to kill. Had an R8 just hopping around the middle of escalation this past weekend with our ENTIRE raid party beating on him. Lingering wounds, silence, stuns... Still took WAY longer than it should have to take him down...

1v1 a warrior cant take down an equally geared cleric. I run a spec with great burst, 2 stuns, l;ingering wounds, and a silence. I just cant take them down (im R6). It really is quite frustrating that our damage got nerfed to this point. Bottom line is, if you let a warrior get his hands on you, you should be squashed in a matter of seconds.. We have to be standing in your face to hit you...

Its the equivalent of Jose Aldo beating Brock Lesnar by just standing there and letting Brock beat on him till Brock passes out... I mean really......

Quote Originally Posted by Veiny View Post
    I am experiencing something similar..

I have a parachamp vind.. im only rank 2... but
    i used to do on average 1700-2200 crit on my good finishers.
    Now.. my finishers barely crit at all.. and the most that they have crit was 1200 MAX the max i have done on deathblow was 2700 or 2800.. now it only does a 1200 crit.
    Not only that.. but my builders tend to be the only ones critting, doing more damage than my finishers.
    I was disappointed today that my finishers were doing only 700 damage..
    they are finishers for a reason arent they? it takes 3 attack points to get to them?
    This is why Warriors were nerfed. You should not have been hitting for that much at rank 2.

Sadly they over did it.

Soulwalker

I don't have any problem with my 44 RB/ 22 champ / 0 vind, when it comes to dmg, i feel i do alot more then in my parachamp spec that i use to have, but then i have BiS source engine (for max dmg), i have the Savage Beavercleaver (1h sword from Murdantix in HK), i have full rank 6/7 gear with rank 5 synergy crystal.
    I still have problem killing people that get random AoE heals if they have more then 3 healers. If the guy is not getting heals at all, and it's 1v1 i kill about everything except good Dominators and good marksmen/rangers that know how to play there build. Oh and a rank 7/8 cleric healer is usually imposible for me to kill alone, but then again a good geared cleric should be able to outheal my dmg, or else no one would bother going cleric healing.

Im quite happy with my RB damage atm, i kill lots, but i can also be killed if i get too cocky or there is 2+ people on me, and thats how it should be.

Ascendant

Funny the one class I tear apart and do the most damage to... other warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Funny the one class I tear apart and do the most damage to... other warriors.
    You just blew my mind...

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

With heavy RB I still have problems bursting down when there are 3+ clerics spamming aoe heals. Even with lingering wounds they're almost pointless to hit cause they still heal through it.

Just for the hell of it I switched back to my 38/26/0 para/champ/vind specc. Odd thing was i was doing as much damage with 51rb/15para/0 vind, and got as many if not more KB. Granted i switched to have reaping harvest/deathblow go off with proper timing. Using a sword i got off ROS and 1 rank 6 dagger.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Naria View Post
    You just blew my mind...
    Well rogues dodge and parry heaps of attacks.
    Clerics have damage reistance up to wazoo.
    Mages running around with 10k health so a 1k hit does diddly.

The class I kill the most of are other warriors. Mostly 1v1 and 1v2's in Codex or normal Whitefall.

+ Reply to Thread