+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Subdue PVP Tank

Plane Walker

Default Subdue PVP Tank

As an ex-parachamp who felt 'my god i just wanna quit' I instead started playing around. I really started gettting intriqued when I was hit from subdue. I messed around all night trying everything and I must say I had the most fun in rift pvp since I have started. Some people were laughing at the idea of the pvp tank but I found my win rate drastically go up in whitefall from playing the role as the raid 'tank'. For those that have not really paid much attention to the idea below lays out what I am able to do. You can singal handedly cripple a team and aid yours. Suprising the my dmg was now where near the bottom (yes not a ton of burst but can string some 300-700 vicious cleaves and cyclone strikes which isn't too bad). Below is my fav setup and laid out what it can do. 32 reaver/18 vind/16 warlord. there is a TON of variations you can do (16 pally is great replacing warlord). My advice for any tank pvp 32 reaver a must. It allows you to get 2 aoe taunts for subdue which is what this builds largest strenth is. AOE -60% dmg 24secs/min. See below. No glory or e-peen stroking but you are a FORCE and tilt any battle severly in your teams favor. Plus its fun to watch a whole raid try and kill you.

DEBUFFS
    -- 2 aoe -60% dmg debuffs (12 sec each 1 min duration, in essence 24secs/min)
    NOTE: Concussion does NOT cause subdue, Incite does and can be used with ohther aor taunts from other souls cracking skulls or judgement)
    -- 2 single target - 60% dmg debuffs (12 secs each 8 sec cd)
    -- perma aoe -15% str from wasting away
    -- aoe -15% dmg debuff from crippling infestation (8 secs 1 min cd)
    -- any enemy hit with mellee - 5% attack/spell dmg from binding of atrophy (lasts 12 secs spammable)
    -- any enemy hits me another -5% attack/spell dmg from intimidating
    -- aoe -5% hit from battlefield distraction
    -- nice 15 sec aoe snare/dot combo in weakening essence and creeping death (2 min macro'd cd)

BUFFS
    -- all raid 5% crit from vind
    -- all raid 5% dmg from enraged essence
    -- all raid 5% dmg reduction from call to entrench
    -- guard target 15 secs 30 sec cd

DEFENCE
    -- approx 65% dmg reduction all time (85% when below 30%)
    -- just over 60% physical reduction
    -- -15% chance to be crit from vind
    -- good hp, block rate from armor shield combo
    Last edited by Mopain; 08-15-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Plane Touched

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Don't tell them.

Soulwalker

Do you have link to the soul tree build of this?

I'm actually trying to make support pvp tank role since yesterday and this is what i been looking for.

Rift Disciple

Now you've done it..

We got something different and useful over here!? ... AND it uses the vindicator soul?! Grab the nerf bats!

But seriously, having one of those every escalation WfS is just stupid broke. Toss in another warrior with warlord busting out assault/aid/rally and some spotter's-pull for the opening push is just cake.

Things can only hit players for 60% of a bajillion dmg now, which according to the data Trion has been looking at, will now only be a couple bajillion.
    Omnom - Warrior @ Seastone
    4/4 GP, 4/4 DH, 5/5 GSB, 5/5 RoS, 1/11HK
    Rank 8 as of 9/23. Marksmen , Nightblade
    I fight people for carmintium nodes.

I've been designing a subdue build as well. This seem pretty solid. I wanted to go higher in warlord for the useful buffs (Aid/Assault/Rallying command), but I fear the survivability will be crap, so I started designing a variant of your build.

Some thought:
    [Crippling Infestation] would not have an AoE effect. Is a single target debuff with long CD and short duration, so I would exclude that from my build.
    I would take one point from resilient and put it in [stand off], would be funny to use against those runnner-rogues in WS.
    Then the build would look something like this
    Leoncoeur <HALT HAMMERZEIT>, R7 Warrior → 1026 Valor → Whitefall[PvP] Defiant

Haven't tried the build yet as I'm at work, but if anyone wants to test it here are some more useful stuff.

#show Infestation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast cast infestation
    cast Creeping Death
    cast Blood Fever // read below why it is a good thing to use on a separate bind
    cast Necrotic Wounds

Creeping Death lasts only 10s and Infestation ticks after 8s so it is probably better to cast creeping death after infestation. Otherwise you only have 0.5s window to cast creeping death or you will miss out on a lot of damage from infestation. So the macro above should work fine, maximizing the amount of dots that are applied once infestation ticks. I would therefore suggest removing blood fever from the macro and have it on a separate button. So that you wont miss out on Necrotic wounds if you are already in melee.

Another helpful macro:

#show Guard
    cast @focus Guard
    cast Guard

You might also want bind Sergeant's Order and Grim lure to the same button, and do the same with Concussion/Cracking Skulls + Incite.

Call to entrench and Call to battle could also be useful to macro, but I would probably only use the DoT and Guard macro, rest is not very hard to manage.

Eager to get home and try it.
    Leoncoeur <HALT HAMMERZEIT>, R7 Warrior → 1026 Valor → Whitefall[PvP] Defiant

Plane Walker

Hmm crippling infeststion does not spread to aoe? I did not notice, I would take those 3 points out. Also big mention concussion does NOT produce subdue. There are a ton of variations you can play with. From my constant testing of builds in WF's 32 VK+ 16 pally or Warlord is best so you can get two aoe taunts with subdue while speccing as much self survivabilty as possible as staying alive the whole game is what it is all about. This playstyle is very team orientated and in that can swing wins in your teams favor more then anything I have seen. It is a very non selfish playstlye that doesn't yield much glory but that is matter of interpretation. Surviving a whole game watching your team win is all the glory I need!

Anyways I'm on the road working. I'll post all my macros and such with playstyle tips adn tactics when I'm back at the hotel tonight.

What are the 2 AOE taunts from Reaver? I only see incite triggering subdue.

I wish i can say Subdue is actually fun to run, but it really isn't (unless you're using to running a defensive sword and board or something). I kinda feel sorry for bards, now that I guess I'm forced to play the warrior equivalent.. only without heals or CC or decent buffs.
    Yesterday
    Faeblight

Does General's Order proc Subdue? If so, 51/15 wl/vind might be really good. You can also swap to a 2h for some of your aoes like Locked Down etc.

The sheer amount of aoe buffs you provide to your team is no joke. +15% healing output, +15% ap/sp, +25% max health. Capable of being pretty frightening if you're in a high-member situation (as your vicarious dps and throughput is far higher the more players you're buffing, EscWhitefall and Scion would potentially see greater increases in effectiveness overall than Black Garden or Codex would.)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    What are the 2 AOE taunts from Reaver? I only see incite triggering subdue.

I wish i can say Subdue is actually fun to run, but it really isn't (unless you're using to running a defensive sword and board or something). I kinda feel sorry for bards, now that I guess I'm forced to play the warrior equivalent.. only without heals or CC or decent buffs.
    Incite 32 pointer procs subdue and does not share CD's with other aoe taunts. Second aoe taunt foe subdue is cracking skulls in WL OR Judgement in Pally if you go that route. If you want two aoe taunts you have to go 32 reaver. (You cannot go cracking skulls WL and judgement Pally as they share CD. Also Concussion which is reavers 14 point taunt is not procing subdue. I am guessing this is bugged and hopefully fixed) If concussion proc'd subdue I would be 44 reaver all day long...

Generals orders in WL procs subdue. So does Grim Lure Reaver and shield throw Pally. Note Generals orders does not share CD's with other single target taunts so you can get two single target subdue taunts.

That all said playing the subdue tank so far reaver/WL my favorite as you get the most subdue possible. 2 aoe 1 min CD's and 2 single target 8 sec CD's.

I'm sure VK's single target and aoe taunt will cause subdue as well but with max 21 points left over after going 32 reaver 13 vind for the basic set up I heavily prefer the points in WL or Pally.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    Does General's Order proc Subdue? If so, 51/15 wl/vind might be really good. You can also swap to a 2h for some of your aoes like Locked Down etc.

The sheer amount of aoe buffs you provide to your team is no joke. +15% healing output, +15% ap/sp, +25% max health. Capable of being pretty frightening if you're in a high-member situation (as your vicarious dps and throughput is far higher the more players you're buffing, EscWhitefall and Scion would potentially see greater increases in effectiveness overall than Black Garden or Codex would.)
    It does, i use this build, its stupid good with the right team. The ability to pull everyone into you with reduced damage and then root them, then do one of the long CD raid buffs is awesome.
    Skel - Guild Leader of Redemption
    http://rift-redemption.guildlaunch.com/

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mopain View Post
    Generals orders in WL procs subdue. So does Grim Lure Reaver and shield throw Pally. Note Generals orders does not share CD's with other single target taunts so you can get two single target subdue taunts.
    Wrong spell man, you are thinking sergeants orders, generals is the same but pulls a group of 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mopain View Post
    That all said playing the subdue tank so far reaver/WL my favorite as you get the most subdue possible. 2 aoe 1 min CD's and 2 single target 8 sec CD's.
    You get this with 51 WL as well, cracking skulls and generals orders, plus all the nice WL raid buffs. Much more powerful than a reaver hybrid.
    Skel - Guild Leader of Redemption
    http://rift-redemption.guildlaunch.com/

Plane Walker

For some reason whenever I sue ZAM's builder i cant put more then one point in a tree. Here is the build typed old old fashion way. The 32 Reaver I have pretty much set in stone. 18 vind is pretty obvious. You can drop one in resilient for stand off. *note I tried using this in Whitefall to stop rog runners. I was getting IMMUNE! 16 WL is straight forward to Call to Entrench. You can take call for battle if you want an etra buff but I prefer using Cyclone strike finisher so I take the stats.

32 Reaver/18 Vind/16 WL

--Reaver--
    5 Power in Blood
    1 Plague Bringer
    5 Imbued Armor
    1 Soul Feast
    1 Shadow of Dread
    5 Wasting Away
    1Tempered Will
    5 Crippling Infestation
    5 Power From The Masses
    1 Soul Devour

--Vind--
    5 Advantage
    5 Improved Guard
    3 Subdue
    5 Resilient

--Warlord--
    5 Powerful Countence
    5 Intimidating
    5 Defensive Experience
    1 Call to Entrench

1 Enraged Essence
    1 Creeping Death

Main Spam
    #show Soul Sickness
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Infestation
    cast Pin Target
    cast Vicious Cleave (i prefer this over Blood feaver to spread more procs from Binding of Atrophy)
    cast Necrotic Wounds

Finisher
    #show Cyclone Strike
    cast Call to Entrench (make sure you keep this up, thats why it's on show)
    cast Cyclone Strike
    cast Dire Blow

Single Target Taunt
    #show Seargents Orders
    cast Seargents Orders
    cast Grim Lure

Aoe Taunt
    #show Incite
    cast Incite
    cast Cracking Skulls

Guard #show Guard
    target (player name)
    cast guards
    (if someone would let me know command to target last enemy would be great and add here)

Spam MAIN all day long, you will never run out of power. When you are at range you will constant at min spam Necrotic Wounds building AP at all times and you'll keep refreshing debuffs from dots. always make sure to keep Call to Entrench up. Then use cyclone Strike primarily as finisher. why I love Cyclone is you can be standing amonst there range facing your team spamming taunts and dots on their mellee on your range. you can pop cyclone and aoe all around you. Basically run around and spam dots and when you go to finsih find a small grp to hop through.

Now for subdue. You should always have Incite on CD as it is the whole point of playing this spec. Hit your aoe taunt again when a) about 12 secs are up OR b) sometimes after you incite the melle crowd you see your team is still taking alot of dmg. Make a run through their range dps and pop cracing skulls then. Basic rule of thumb though is incite and when you see almost half CD remaining pop Cracking Skulls. 24 secs/min -60% aoe debuff. As for single target taunts you have two so need need to save them tab hard and pop when ever you land on a dps. I normally work on Wars and Rogs heading to our back lines. Check the scoreboard often and sort by dmg. Cripple their highest DPS.

That's really about it. In games get in their face and stay there. Be watching the whole field to see where spells/dps is comming from and make run through aoe taunts. keep the small numbers of dmg flowing and create as much havok as you can. Also make sure to keep a good eye on your teams HP bars. to know when CD's are needed. Guard will also make you a best friend for the match.

Lastly you are extrenmly tough but not invincible get in their face and do your thing, come back for a quick heal and right back in when needed. when you feel the heat know when to pull back fast and get back in.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Wrong spell man, you are thinking sergeants orders, generals is the same but pulls a group of 5

You get this with 51 WL as well, cracking skulls and generals orders, plus all the nice WL raid buffs. Much more powerful than a reaver hybrid.
    Good info. I like reaver for maximizing debuffs and being able to spam Necrotic wounds at all times to have never ending AP's. Reaver has a rediculous amount of raw dmg reduction as well and overall damage pretty good. Sick thing about these types of builds are there are a TON of variations you can do. Not my favorite but 44 Reaver/21 Vind was entertaing solo queing.

I'll definately try some 51 WL when I get home in a few days. I have a feeling I will be disappointed with the defense of it though. If they fix concussion to cause subdue I'll probably neve rleave 44 Reaver. You are a Boss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast