+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 93
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: PVP damage in WFs now that it's been 'fixed'?

  1. #46
    Ascendant Xvvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    No it doesn't. And neither does Zin's (though frankly, I've never been a fan of his build anyway). I saw Zin tonight in a couple of warfronts, his damage was really lackluster. Even with his usual 1-2 pocket healers, he wasn't doing a whole lot to impact the match.

    Only burst we have now is during shifting blades.
    I ran solo tonight, but was getting heals.

    I managed to top KBs in most games, but it used to be every game before today and it wasn't by a huge margin llike previously. Facing solid premades this naturally wasn't the case while pugging. My damage was not always the highest, it was usually a rogue or mage that was topping damage. Overall it was very competitive.

    This being said, I am outgearing probably 90% of the people in these games.

    One problem is I was soaking up a lot of heals to be able to be competitive with lesser geared people. I do bring a solid healing debuff and aoe fear, but I'm not sure it compensates for being so exposed.

    If they are going to go down the route of less damage, more survival needs to be given, especially against magic.

  2. #47
    Ascendant Xvvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    while the damage was down a little, i was still consistantly topping killing blows in WFs with my rb/ch/pally build.

    still able to jump in the middle of groups and get kills without healer backup.
    I saw a warrior doing incredibly well with your build tonight. He was in a premade vs. the pug I was in, but it was the best performance I have seen. He easily topped damage and killing blows with it.

  3. #48
    Rift Chaser Vigour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Im still topping DMG and KIlling blows with my 51 rb spec @ rank 5.

    I hardly notice a change at all.
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^



  4. #49
    Ascendant lameboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I saw a warrior doing incredibly well with your build tonight. He was in a premade vs. the pug I was in, but it was the best performance I have seen. He easily topped damage and killing blows with it.
    he coulda been using mine :P

    har har har har
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

  5. #50
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Based only on the first page of posts...

    Pre 1.4 Mentality of Warriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXlWYdodnc

    Post 1.4 Mentality of Warriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.

  6. #51
    Ascendant lameboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    Based only on the first page of posts...

    Pre 1.4 Mentality of Warriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXlWYdodnc

    Post 1.4 Mentality of Warriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
    haha agreed
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

  7. #52
    Rift Chaser Vigour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    Based only on the first page of posts...

    Pre 1.4 Mentality of Warriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXlWYdodnc

    Post 1.4 Mentality of Warriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
    Perfect. But then again the only ones really crying like that baby are the ones who use the build everyone else uses.

    Do your own **** and figure it out. You might learn something.
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^



  8. #53
    Plane Touched Larrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Cool yay

    hope this mean we see a lot less one hitting fear spamming warriors

    Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

  9. #54
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigour View Post
    Perfect. But then again the only ones really crying like that baby are the ones who use the build everyone else uses.

    Do your own **** and figure it out. You might learn something.
    I don't play a warrior. Merely passing by and wanted to make some people laugh.

    Unless that wasn't directed at me. It's hard to tell only through text.
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-12-2011 at 10:11 PM.

  10. #55
    Rift Chaser Vigour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    I don't play a warrior. Merely passing by and wanted to make some people laugh.

    Unless that wasn't directed at me. It's hard to tell only through text.

    Nah I loved your post, I even liked it.

    Your cool =)..

    They will know who they are when the read my post ;p
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^



  11. #56
    Bix
    Bix is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I ran solo tonight, but was getting heals.

    I managed to top KBs in most games, but it used to be every game before today and it wasn't by a huge margin llike previously. Facing solid premades this naturally wasn't the case while pugging. My damage was not always the highest, it was usually a rogue or mage that was topping damage. Overall it was very competitive.

    This being said, I am outgearing probably 90% of the people in these games.

    One problem is I was soaking up a lot of heals to be able to be competitive with lesser geared people. I do bring a solid healing debuff and aoe fear, but I'm not sure it compensates for being so exposed.

    If they are going to go down the route of less damage, more survival needs to be given, especially against magic.
    That may be, but the two I saw you in, you didn't just get heals, you got a lot of heals, far more than anyone else.

    Funny story, I faced off against Zin 1v1 at one point. It ended with me dead and him at 400ish health. It lasted something like 20 seconds. :/
    Nut - Warrior
    Aeyden - Mage
    Citadel

    Youtube channel

  12. #57
    Telaran Zeref's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Always been running a wep swap Champ/Para/Pala build, don't really even bother with pvp gear bar a few off pieces atm.

    Noticed a fair big drop on Frenzied strike and RH, other than that... still destroying in the bg's and the faceroller 44 paras seem to tickle now but most of the time it's just general backpeddlers and bads so i guess it doesn't count .

  13. #58
    Ascendant Xvvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    That may be, but the two I saw you in, you didn't just get heals, you got a lot of heals, far more than anyone else.

    Funny story, I faced off against Zin 1v1 at one point. It ended with me dead and him at 400ish health. It lasted something like 20 seconds. :/
    I don't remember any 1v1s tonight, at least I didn't seek any out. I was more testing group play as far as damage, survival, and target switching were concerned.

    I got the most heals because I was taking the most damage without over-extending.

    Warriors definitely have a place in group play still, they just aren't the faceroll beasts we were yesterday. The aoe heal debuff and fear on the healers is still very strong. I do think warriors need more magic survival now though without having to go high into a tank spec.

  14. #59
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    Based only on the first page of posts...

    Pre 1.4 Mentality of Warriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXlWYdodnc

    Post 1.4 Mentality of Warriors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
    hahahhahaaha
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

  15. #60
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    I made a subdue spec in anticipation of these nerfs. It's actually quite fun to play.


    Then I queueud up codex with the standard easymode 44 paragon, 22 champ and went 26-0 with minimal effort. Honestly didn't notice the damage nerf.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts