+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Tanks Suck In PvP" - ORLY? - You must think the scoreboard matters.

Default "Tanks Suck In PvP" - ORLY? - You must think the scoreboard matters.

"Tanks suck in PvP"

- Nom Nom, Flavor of the Month taste good.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...zo.Eg0hosisdrz

Build from video, I really like the 44 talent but am no trimming pali down a bit to go a little more anti caster. My block is so high I think i wasted some points reaching, and missed key Void abiliities as I am not super experianced in that tree.

Just a build and basis for a spec, to draw off of, or rethink your view of the tank in a WF. I am near invinciable to melee and physical damage.

Question, anyone get a Heal trink or planar to proc? I am about to test
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

Less mitigation more annihilation! Big numbers ftw pew pew pew!!!!

You should try this out in R6 gear. It's silly:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...uq0uz0z.VE00zz
    Last edited by DaseinNJ; 07-15-2011 at 03:41 PM.

silly = bad? Do not ever set your foot in a warfront without 13 points in vindicator as a tank pretty please...
    You wont die as a tank thats true, but if you think about it, its just becouse no1 wants to kill you, you are just that useless...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lonertee View Post
    silly = bad? Do not ever set your foot in a warfront without 13 points in vindicator as a tank pretty please...
    You wont die as a tank thats true, but if you think about it, its just becouse no1 wants to kill you, you are just that useless...
    Maybe in premade vs premade that is the case but in out fights there are plenty of idiots willing bang on a tank all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboatse View Post
    Maybe in premade vs premade that is the case but in out fights there are plenty of idiots willing bang on a tank all day.
    This. And it is so very funny. Worth doing every now and then just for the laughs.

aya the man speaks the truth, the amount of brainless zerg in wf is beyond counting, anything this days with uber survivability is good for wfs. sure once in a few games u end up facing a premade, but who cares as long as u just afk and lose it fast so u can farm the other games.

Plane Walker

The OP obviously didn't understand WHY tanks are useless in PvP...

Tanks are worthless against opponents that have brains, because those opponents will just not attack you until everyone else is dead, which means that your mitigation accomplished nothing.

Tanks are amazing against opponents that have no brains because they waste their time attacking you for no reason.

If you want to be a pro at killing people with no brains, then by all means, play tanks, they're awesome. I don't think that's most peoples' goal, and I don't think that makes tanks "good" in pvp. You can kill bad players with anything.
    Ekkoh <Tabula Rasa>
    Laethys
    11/11

What the other guys said. At least be useful to your team. If you want to go Paladin... then REALLY go Paladin. With a two-hander.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...o..Eg0uosisdrz
    Last edited by Lord Semaj; 07-15-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by iEchoic View Post

Tanks are worthless against opponents that have brains, because those opponents will just not attack you until everyone else is dead, which means that your mitigation accomplished nothing.

Tanks are amazing against opponents that have no brains because they waste their time attacking you for no reason.

If you want to be a pro at killing people with no brains, then by all means, play tanks, they're awesome. I don't think that's most peoples' goal, and I don't think that makes tanks "good" in pvp. You can kill bad players with anything.
    I'll agree for the most part, but there's something to be said for a smart tank in a good group using Guard / Subdue / Phalanx and Rallying Command. Before the nerf, Phalanx alone was unbeatable in PuG vs PuG.

Yeah, DPS is awesome, but to say that tanks are useless is naive at best.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ImaNerd View Post
    I'll agree for the most part, but there's something to be said for a smart tank in a good group using Guard / Subdue / Phalanx and Rallying Command. Before the nerf, Phalanx alone was unbeatable in PuG vs PuG.

Yeah, DPS is awesome, but to say that tanks are useless is naive at best.
    The guy's not running subdue, he's running some generic tank build. Of course, subdue is good.
    Last edited by iEchoic; 07-15-2011 at 04:25 PM.
    Ekkoh <Tabula Rasa>
    Laethys
    11/11

Quote Originally Posted by DaseinNJ View Post
    You should try this out in R6 gear. It's silly:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...uq0uz0z.VE00zz

I just got rank 4, I took some time off of PvP'n. . . . . + alts

I have something kinda simalar, they are fun. I will check it.

And ever get a "on heal" trink or greater to proc?

Quote Originally Posted by iEchoic View Post

If you dont attack me I will strip your buffs, shield my allies, further debuff you, slow you, secure the objective, whatever, it takes.

Now as for you, you right away attack me, yet I solo queue sion and turn games around with this. You leave me alive i am capping objs. I dont want to kill anyone, it jsut happens all around me, i never get the KB I just move on to the next one. Here is a tip, killing doesnt win WFs

Here is scion, where you can really see it shine, a solo queue, defend out Flux, straight through to boss, 0 deaths. Gangster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=626K9..._order&list=UL

R6 - FotM warr - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJL-5..._order&list=UL -

ANother garden - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cRq5..._order&list=UL -vs member of a top "pvp guild"

Ohh look another GARDEN - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2AxI..._order&list=UL - spec diff
    Last edited by McWaffle; 07-15-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffle View Post
    If you dont attack me I will strip your buffs
    You can do that in a dps spec, and you can only do it once every 15 sec anyway.

shield my allies
    Incredibly weak. Subdue does it better.

further debuff you
    Also weak. Lingering wounds and subdue does it better.

slow you, secure the objective, whatever, it takes.
    A good group will just kill everyone around you and then you'll be standing 1v5 or 1v10 and you'll die within 5 seconds.

Now as for you, you right away attack me, yet I solo queue sion and turn games around with this. You leave me alive i am capping objs. I dont want to kill anyone, it jsut happens all around me, i never get the KB I just move on to the next one. Here is a tip, killing doesnt win WFs

Here is scion, where you can really see it shine, a solo queue, defend out Flux, straight through to boss, 0 deaths. Gangster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=626K9..._order&list=UL
    lol, your team had like 150 kills to 30, and you barely contributed at all in that regard. Your team was going to win that no matter what. I just realized I'm arguing with someone that is saying tanks are actually good in pvp, I should probably stop now, I'm getting trolled.

ANother garden - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cRq5..._order&list=UL -vs member of a top "pvp guild"
    Okay, I'm definitely getting trolled now. Solid troll.
    Last edited by iEchoic; 07-15-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Ekkoh <Tabula Rasa>
    Laethys
    11/11

LoL Echoic got trolled.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
    LoL Echoic got trolled.
    I'm not home on my PC yet, all I can do in lieu of playing is get trolled on rift boards
    Ekkoh <Tabula Rasa>
    Laethys
    11/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast