+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bloodthrist (Champion) seriously needs an internal cooldown

Default Bloodthrist (Champion) seriously needs an internal cooldown

It's a problem NOW, that's going to open a CAN with the new changes. I've never seen 25+ killing blows consistantly match after match until I've ran into this certain twinked warrior (whom I wholeheartedly respect for cracking the code on how to abuse the skill) but it needs to be looked at, sooner rather than later. Until then I'll just abuse it, because it's too good to pass up.

thanks
    Last edited by Trisian; 07-15-2011 at 08:32 AM.

It has an 8s cooldown. Even after you kill a person within those 8 seconds, it's still in effect.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

don't let him get a killing blow. /problem
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-d_TjFHTqg70/Thd60fywArI/AAAAAAAABds/Sctf655aZ6Y/Coattails-Sig-Nydur2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    It's a problem NOW, that's going to open a CAN with the new changes. I've never seen 25+ killing blows consistantly match after match until I've ran into this certain twinked warrior (whom I wholeheartedly respect for cracking the code on how to abuse the skill) but it needs to be looked at, sooner rather than later. Until then I'll just abuse it, because it's too good to pass up.

thanks
    I'm going to go ahead and suggest that Bloodthist isn't your real problem in PvP.

Wow, someone discovered Bloodlust with forced crit + guaranteed Frenzied Strike combo. And thinks it has no CD
    retired

I personally love bloodthirst and I agree to a certain extent. The only "problem" with warriors atm is that we have far too much frontload damage. Our energy doesnt last forever but if we get on undergeared players we can frontload and take a chunk right off the bat.

They need to weaken warrior skills and give us bleeds. That way the front damage isnt as great but it doesnt harm pve at all.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
    I personally love bloodthirst and I agree to a certain extent. The only "problem" with warriors atm is that we have far too much frontload damage. Our energy doesnt last forever but if we get on undergeared players we can frontload and take a chunk right off the bat.

They need to weaken warrior skills and give us bleeds. That way the front damage isnt as great but it doesnt harm pve at all.
    ?? Undergeared players should die fast! Why do warriors always ask to be nerfed when it isn't necessary? Bleeds for a warrior would be a nerf because pvp is about burst, not sustained dps.

Shadowlander

Want bleeds? Play BM.

If you are indeed talking about bloodthirst instead of blood thirsty, you are off base. There is nothing wrong with this skill. The only thing that needs to be changed is the reactive icon dropping when you get out of combat.

As to blood thirsty, I hate to say it, but it does need a nerf. Possibly even removed from game completely. What I would like to see is to make it remove all harmful effects upon death of the person who cast the debuffs on you.
    Last edited by Xvvt; 07-16-2011 at 07:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

100% agree. Same issue as pyros pre nerf. Wars have too much initial burst.
    Baali - Guardian - Seastone - Marksblade
    Thelegendary - Guardian - Seaston - Inquisicar
    Mydingo - Guardian - Seaston - Champagon
    Iconic Fatality
    Thelegendary Baali - Order - Badlands - Ironbreaker

Quote Originally Posted by Baali View Post
    I guess that means you want champ nerfed or something? Paragon sets up for burst. Riftblade doesn't have the reactives.

Though these nerf warrior threads make me smile. We already got a dev response saying warriors are fine and the crusade continues anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    If you are indeed talking about bloodthirst instead of blood thirsty, you are off base. There is nothing wrong with this skill. The only thing that needs to be changed is the reactive icon dropping when you get out of combat.

As to blood thirsty, I hate to say it, but it does need a nerf. Possibly even removed from game completely. What I would like to see is to make it remove all harmful effects upon death of the person who cast the debuffs on you.
    God no, that's most of my healing! Bad Zin, bad!

*mutters something angry about ******* priviliged warriors with pocket healing*
    Last edited by Milen; 07-16-2011 at 10:13 AM.
    retired

Bix
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Baali View Post
    Warrior burst is nothing like 1.2 (1.1? can't remember) Pyro. We have nothing like the Fulminate + Cinderburst combo. If you're in melee range of a warrior, you should be taking high damage.

I can say that we need our frontloaded damage turned down, period. It has nothing to do with a crusade against getting us nerfed. It has to do with getting 20-40 kills a match because I can just turn from target to target. In extended fights against healer groups we typically are not OP. The initially burst is too high though.

This problem will only be even more evident when the gear upgrades. I'd rather take a pre-emptive nerf to burst now than a complete kick in the nuts later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bix View Post
    Warrior burst is nothing like 1.2 (1.1? can't remember) Pyro. We have nothing like the Fulminate + Cinderburst combo. If you're in melee range of a warrior, you should be taking high damage.
    Lingering Wounds matters. I do agree with you though.
    Last edited by Xeraz; 07-16-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

I can say that we need our frontloaded damage turned down, period. It has nothing to do with a crusade against getting us nerfed. It has to do with getting 20-40 kills a match because I can just turn from target to target. In extended fights against healer groups we typically are not OP. The initially burst is too high though.

Well I'd say the easiest way to nerf that is make AP build on the enemy and proc's only work against the person they proc on. Course then we're that much more like rogues.

Personally I don't see the problem you do with initial burst. Proc's last a short time (except bloodthirst, nerf that if you want), and 3 AP starting one fight means 3 AP not used in the previous fight.

I'd rather take a pre-emptive nerf to burst now than a complete kick in the nuts later.

I don't know why people think it works like this. Experiences from WoW or something?
    Last edited by Shinigam1; 07-16-2011 at 12:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast