+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Void Knight PvP

Default Void Knight PvP

I'm trying to get my head into the VK pact system and all, it's just a pain trying to find a mana bar to practice on (been trying to catch someone bored in meridian to no avail).

My current setup for VK pvp is 2 hander with this build

The damage amount and the way you do it is so different from what I've played all my time as a warrior that I keep giving up on the idea of going VK. I want to have a sort of anti healer, and to a lesser extent, anti mana user build.

So what I'm looking for is some advice, tips, tricks, macros, how you play, any help I can get to get this VK rolling in and decimating enemy healers! Thanks in advance.

Soulwalker

I am lvl thirty and trying the same thing. Right now, I have points in Champion, BM and a few in VK. Most points are in Champion. The BM specs has some nice speed and armor boosts up to a point. I only have a few points in VK, but love seeing the blue mana ticks and health when I smash em.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    So what I'm looking for is some advice, tips, tricks, macros, how you play, any help I can get to get this VK rolling in and decimating enemy healers! Thanks in advance.
    You will need two more friends, one healer and one other warrior who has something along http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...cuockiudz.xx0c

The two of you will be able to AoE silence 8+4/15 seconds, you will be the dangerous one since your 2h spec allows average damage and fast mana drains, while your warrior friend will be able to taunt the pesky rouge away and protect your healing friend.

Always use the VK finisher on clerics and let them live, that way they are useless. You can't drain mages, almost every mage soul has easy mana regain.

Use your cooldowns and don't sot on them forever, rift shield can be applied to your cleric friend too, your despell & purge should always be on cd.

I found that what worked great through 49... simply did not work at 50 because of the gearing discrepancies. Not sure that it scales right to matter with increased gearing though.

I've run VK/BM, VK/RB, VK/Champ, VK/Para, and various hybrids...that I enjoyed through 49. I've spent a couple of handfuls of plat since hitting 50 trying to find something myself that works. Kind of given up on the anti-Blue thing and gone with doing simple AoE with a Para/VK.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread