+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The new AOE powerhouse (1.3) RB build!

RIFT Guide Writer Kutsuu Isback's Avatar

Default The new AOE powerhouse (1.3) RB build!

29 Riftblade/26 Champion/11 Paragon.

This build is intended for expert dungeon DPS with self sufficiency on power, extremely low agro for those random LFD tanks, and extremely competitive AOE and single target DPS. The new paragon cookiecutter actually parses less than this single target without fervor and won't touch it AOE.

Utility build that includes multiple gap closers, LW, and a snare break http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...xhczVRbh0z.Vxo

Pure DPS version http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...EhM0V0bh0z.Vxo

-The 1 point in WM is primarily for AOE DPS. Mighty blow on 5 targets gives 5 opportunities per use to proc a WM, so 1 point will get you a lot of extra APs when AOEing, this means you can come closer to using storm burst and bladefury immediately when off CD increasing DPS substantially vs putting that 1 point from WM into something minor from RB or champ.

Buffs: Focus of Strength, Slayer's Bearing, Planar blade, Avatar of Wind, Way of the River

Single Target AP builder:

#show whatever
    *(add rising waterfall here if you have very low crit and thus power problems, it is certainly a DPS loss but will save power)
    cast frost strike
    cast searing strike
    cast frenzied strike
    cast inescapable fury
    cast turn the blade
    cast bash (remove if having power problems)
    cast flamespear
    cast stonespear

Single Target Finisher:

Fiery burst
    -Have deathblow on a separate hotkey and use it if the mob will die before your fiery burst would tick down.

AOE AP Builder for 4+ targets:

#show mighty blow
    cast mighty blow
    cast frenzied strike
    cast inescapable fury
    cast turn the blade

AOE Finisher for 4+ targets:

#show storm burst
    cast storm burst
    cast bladefury

AOE AP builder for 2-3 targets:

#show thunder strike
    cast thunder strike
    cast frenzied strike
    cast inescapable fury
    cast turn the blade

AOE finisher for 2-3 targets:

#show storm burst
    cast earth burst
    cast storm burst
    cast bladefury

Save proper timing for bladefury.

-This spec is currently pulling 1000-1100 DPS single target in full T2 gear, this is a nearly 250 DPS upgrade over the 1.2 powerhouse! I haven't tested in T1, but I would estimate over 700 for a fresh 50 with a scalecutter.

-AOE DPS is even higher than the old 31/20/15, probably looking at 2000+ on 4+ mobs.

Yes, this build is intended for a 2hander!
    Last edited by Kutsuu Isback; 07-01-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii144/sparks03max/kutsmuffinsig.png

Telaran

Love how much information is packed into one post. Thanks man...

How would you rate this path for leveling? I'm only 31 and currently paragon, but I'm reevaluating with 1.3 coming down the pipe. If you recommend another path for leveling, are there any other guides as helpful as this one for said path?

Thanks again.

Rift Disciple

This makes me super happy as I've grown quite fond of it on live.
    Wondering what you're getting instead of weapon master?
    I ask because I haven't seen the trees on pts.

Rift Disciple

Missed edit window. I meant wouldn't weapon master > furious pursuit, LW? I'm guessing bladefury is the reason, I just wouldn't have guessed it.
    Last edited by Flitch; 06-18-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Loving that riftblade is a main soul in lots of viable spec's
    Last edited by Matsy; 06-18-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Kuts, I think you linked a PvP build man. Did you mean to include Lingering Wounds and Ruthless Pursuit?
    Last edited by Cardinals; 06-18-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Flitch View Post
    Missed edit window. I meant wouldn't weapon master > furious pursuit, LW? I'm guessing bladefury is the reason, I just wouldn't have guessed it.
    Bladefury is the reason - can't have an aoe powerhouse build without some way of dumping the attack points. Storm Burst and Bladefury having cooldowns means you need both. Could add Earth Burst to the finish macro as well - I didn't test without it personally.

Regarding Cardinal's post just above - the lingering wounds and ruthless pursuit could go to titan's strength easily enough - probably a slight dps gain there at loss of some utility in various fights.

In a mix of t1/t2 dungeon gear on test this build has been amazing. energizer bunny in ae situations, never any energy problems, even without ferver/clover.

One other addition that depends on what you are doing in the fight - can add 'cast bash' to the macro for another 45 or so dps (from what I found). No energy problems with it in there. Course, if you have to manage interrupts, you'll want to leave it out. Choices are yummy.
    Last edited by Ancallagon; 06-18-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Lingering wounds is a convenience thing. There is at least 1 T2 fight where it's useful, may as well have it.

You don't need weapon master anymore to top DPS with this build because you no longer have strike like iron to worry about and fiery burst lasts as long as it takes to get 3 APs without it.

Storm burst and bladefury both have a 8s cooldown, so it's worth going the extra points in champion for that.

Question; are you running this build dual wield, or 2h...or does it matter much?

Given the dw changes we've seen, I'm guessing that's what you're doing, but it never hurts to make sure. (frankly, my 1h'ers are either tank, or junk...so I'm hoping I can emulate this with the 2h from xRD)
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Question; are you running this build dual wield, or 2h...or does it matter much?

Given the dw changes we've seen, I'm guessing that's what you're doing, but it never hurts to make sure. (frankly, my 1h'ers are either tank, or junk...so I'm hoping I can emulate this with the 2h from xRD)
    2h for certain, and it does matter a lot without 38 in paragon and using only DW abilities.

Shield of Telara

I haven't been on PTS since the first or second set of changes, so this may be obvious... but why 11 in Para instead of 10 and that 1 point somewhere else?
    Yraen.com - Discussions Related to RIFT Warriors! Stop in and have a drink!
    How To: Preparing to Tank Tier 1 Dungeons
    Warrior PvE DPS Builds (1.1)
    Melee DPS Trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Kutsuu Isback View Post
    2h for certain.
    ^this pleases me; I'm very relieved I won't have to farm for 2 DW weps (not that I DPS much, I'm usually tankin)

**and yes, i know at some point I should acquire them, given the changes to 1.3...but not being an immediate necessity is nice.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Yraen View Post
    I haven't been on PTS since the first or second set of changes, so this may be obvious... but why 11 in Para instead of 10 and that 1 point somewhere else?
    Where else do you want to put it? Every point in paragon is 1.7% damage to every attack you do.

Lost a bit of our ranged ability, sadly. Still, nice to see the ol' AOEPH up and running for 1.3.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kutsuu Isback View Post
    Where else do you want to put it? Every point in paragon is 1.7% damage to every attack you do.
    Does TwoHand Specialization give the same bonus now? (I'm not sure, since I haven't been on in a bit)

If so, Bloodthirst maybe?

I understand what you're saying and figured that was the reason. Just nowhere else to really put it.
    Yraen.com - Discussions Related to RIFT Warriors! Stop in and have a drink!
    How To: Preparing to Tank Tier 1 Dungeons
    Warrior PvE DPS Builds (1.1)
    Melee DPS Trinkets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast