+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for Riftblade

Ascendant

Default Suggestions for Riftblade

Riftblade does ok damage but definitely not great. It needs to be brought up on par with Champ for pvp as its main function is pvp (or so the video said). It should be a good ranged option as well.

Increase the damage increase from AP across the board so that RB is on par with a similarly geared Champ.

Remove Rift Storm and add a 3rd spear at that point. Burning Spear - applies a lingering wounds type effect to target. The 3rd spear would increase our number of ranged attacks and apply an important debuff and allow RB to be a great soul to couple with tank souls for pvp.

Drop the cooldown on Flamespear to 2 seconds.

Shadowlander

Rift Storm is bad. I think they should increase the duration (but leave the damage the same) and make it so you deal bonus damage for the duration, making it an ok DPS addition.

Frost Strike. I've been saying it since Beta. I've heard that Freeze Armor's damage increase debuff hasn't been applying to bosses since lately, so Frost Strike now has some point, but if it's a bug/untrue, then Frost Strike still hurts our DPS (it increases the damage of the next Searing Strike by 20%... why the hell would you use it instead of x2 Searing Strikes when you have Freeze Armor buffing up fire damage by 20%? And the Thunder Strike portion makes even less sense. You use it in AoE situations, why would you halve the number of your AoE attacks to buff the damage by 20%, assuming Frost Strike even affects multiple targets hit by the Thunder Strike, I bet not), make it non-useless. Maybe make it increase the damage of next 3 Searing Strikes, like you did with Paragon's Paired Strike.
    Last edited by C0unt; 06-17-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Just make what is suppose to scale with AP,SCALE WITH AP.
    Add a heal debuff will be nice.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

You know rb is dead because Taugrim rerolled cleric.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    Just make what is suppose to scale with AP,SCALE WITH AP.
    Add a heal debuff will be nice.
    Yeah this is a big issue. The amount AP scales with RB is pathetic.

I really would like a Lingering Wounds effect without taking Champ. Its the main thing Warriors seem to bring to a situation vs clerics.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Yeah this is a big issue. The amount AP scales with RB is pathetic.

I really would like a Lingering Wounds effect without taking Champ. Its the main thing Warriors seem to bring to a situation vs clerics.
    ... or you can just pick up champ to 17 for AoE Fear, 15 sec gap closer, and Lingering Wounds. RB works just fine if you spec right, it should work as intended come 1.3 though which will be nice.

Rift Master

It's sad that riftblade has so little to offer honestly. The 51 point skill is the only way of doing decent enough damage as a main tree, and you get a bunch of pretty useless talents. I don't know any riftblade that cares about generating less threat... and the 44 point skill is rather disappointing. Riftblade feels pretty lackluster if it's not being used as a support or 51 point soul. No more decent CC utility since 1.2 either. ):

Blade of Something Something

Level 44

Increases critical strike Dmg by 30% and gives a 5% chance to increase your AP by 50% for 5 seconds.

Or.

Surging Rift Fury
    Level 44
    Your attacks do double the damage. Lasts 10 seconds, 2 min cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    the 44 point skill is rather disappointing. Riftblade feels pretty lackluster if it's not being used as a support or 51 point soul. No more decent CC utility since 1.2 either. ):
    it's great for soloing.
    it's a shame we get it so late though. i'd rather they moved it down to where storm blade is, and did something else with storm blade.

I find the changes to Riftblade really................sad. So: the only people using 51 point RB specs(avataur of the rift)were players who wanted to pvp with a sword and board but do crazy damage(for a sword and board spec). So, TRION decides to improve that ONE particular pvp build instead of improving the Riftblade soul tree as a whole. That makes sense. Just pacify the only players actually using the soul instead of make it so the soul is viable in multiple builds..

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by empyrean View Post
    it's great for soloing.
    it's a shame we get it so late though. i'd rather they moved it down to where storm blade is, and did something else with storm blade.
    I don't use riftblade in any of my solo builds, no need...

Compared to what nightblade has to offer for rogues... our elemental soul is balls.

Compared to what nightblade has to offer for rogues... our elemental soul is balls.
    Odd, I have a 50 rogue pr2, and a 47 warrior that has been riftblade/______ all the way. I feel the nightblade ranged CP generation sucks other than being able to get the CP at all.

A healing debuff instead of or in addition to blade of elemental affinity would be awesome (it would be 44 deep and comparable to fel blades in application).

I haven't played a rogue yet (just started one) but it does seem that their souls have better focus than ours do (ahem, ahem, Paragon).

51 RB/Paragon is what I run to solo and I apart from elites, I can usually kill everything fast with little to no downtime.

+ Reply to Thread