+ Reply to Thread

Thread: xx Riftblade/ yy Paladin (sword & board)

Default xx Riftblade/ yy Paladin (sword & board)

This is all PvP wise. I know many go 51 riftblade/15 paladin, but I find myself wanting more of what paladin has since I'm ditching the damage of a 2her for it. I'm leaning towards a 38 rb/28 pala spec (can't link atm), but I want to hear about any variants you use.

What's your prefered riftblade/paladin spec and what do you love about it?

Rift Disciple

I run a 38 Riftblade, 26 Pally, 2 Para spec to grind PVE stuff. I love it because of the CC options you have to pull casters to you with silence and the stun/silence/disarm rotation you get on elite mobs. I am able to pull up to 8 equal level mobs (im a casual player, if i were hardcore and had better gear, i could get more) and AOE them down with my bursts pretty quickly. Having perma crit chance is very nice as well as Having your Oh crap full heal is nice in case you get in over your head.

On the downside tho, you will get destroyed in PVP by anything with a blue mana bar. Before 1.2, this was a nice spec because of the range and elemental damage of the RB with SLI running, the survivability to the Pally, and the CC options. You used to be able to put the hurt on a caster, silence them, do more damage, then stun them to kill them off, if you didnt get them, silence would be coming back around and you could outlast them, but now, you need some VK to eat mana and strip buffs and some champ for heal debuff.

If they reset the DR changes, this will be a viable PVP spec again but for now, its extremely frustrating in PVP.

Good Luck

Rift Disciple

The best AoE grinding spec out there is still 32rb/32pal/2 para:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...z.EGs0zoMbtz.b

Hm, I'm actually finding myself less frustrated thanks to the newfound survivability the paladin soul + shield gives, the 1 minute cd break free on top of riftwalk, and the ranged stun. As a player that has a marksman, I can appreciate the usefulness of purge/healing debuff. The downside to my setup is indeed the inability to bring down a healer solo (unless I get lucky and he let's himself get below 50% when DR is off)

Quote Originally Posted by Flitch View Post
    The best AoE grinding spec out there is still 32rb/32pal/2 para:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...z.EGs0zoMbtz.b
    Thanks, though I'm really only interested in the PvP ramifications.

+ Reply to Thread