Closed Thread

Thread: Best Runes for Dps Warrior? non equipped included

Rift Disciple

Default Best Runes for Dps Warrior? non equipped included

Which are the best runes to use even including weapons? would it be possible to wear 39 crit on weapon rune and have the 50 crit proc rune on a 2 hander in your bags proc bug?.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo209 View Post
    Which are the best runes to use even including weapons? would it be possible to wear 39 crit on weapon rune and have the 50 crit proc rune on a 2 hander in your bags proc bug?.
    anyone know?

Rift Master

Do you need everything spelled out for you? If you don't know what runes are best for DPS for warriors, play the damn class. And if that doesn't help inspect other people's gear. Good lord.

Telaran

Main stats: hit, crit, dex, str, ap

Helm
    +5AP/+18Hit
    +13 strength

Chest
    +13Dexterity

Gloves
    +15 physical crit

Legs
    +13 Strenght

Belt
    +5Strength/+5Dexterity - Its an item you buy from vendor in moonshade, requires some notoriety from The Runeguard. Theres a better one from Iceguard or Order of Mathos

Boots
    +11 Endurance

Two handed
    +35Crit
    +24Hit

Ranged/1Handed:
    +19Crit
    +13Hit

Source: http://riftcompendium.com/runecrafting/recipes/ and zam
    Last edited by neodevileet; 05-24-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Soulwalker

Runes are pretty self explanatory. It's not like there's a huge selection. We seem to scale better with Dex, so go with that option when given the choice. Pick up the hit runes if you're below cap. From everything I've read, the +50crit proc can proc in your bag. Check Riftjunkies for our rune list, or do a search of the site. I think someone posted a slot by slot rune list.
    Theril - Warrior
    <Mutiny> Greybriar - US
    Triumph of the Dragon Queen: 4/4 ~ Frozen Tempest 3/4 ~ Eternal Eclipse 4/5

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    Do you need everything spelled out for you? If you don't know what runes are best for DPS for warriors, play the damn class. And if that doesn't help inspect other people's gear. Good lord.
    Its not as cut and dry obvious as you may think for some reason they haven't fixed the bugs in this game and i have a 1hander weapon in my bags that procs even though im swinging a 2hander...

the best runes are dexterity and cirt based runes. where ever possible, if you have the option, place a dexterity rune in that slot.

options for boots, gloves and weapons are very narrow. in these slots place crit+ runes.

never use any rune for strength or hit. you get both by the bucket load- with the former being a waste of potential.

icewatch, mathos and dragonslayer factions sell the best runes for helmet, belt and leggings. respectively. each hoofers a dex + end boost. apply those as soon as possible.

once again, there are not many options. dexterity and crit, the highest you can get at the time, on all slows.

nothing else matters for DPS warriors than dex/crit (dex is crit) and your weapon.

also, wear leather gear instead of plate. when in doubt insect a high level rogue. your gear ideally matches his in equip name and runes with the exception of your 2h weapon.

the developers insist warriors simply are rogue with polearms. so yea... welcome to post level 49.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 05-24-2011 at 07:07 AM.

The leg rune should be +5AP/+13 Hit.

+13 Strength is only slightly more AP and Hit also reduces your chance to be dodged or parried.

I wouldn't put a strength rune anywhere but my belt.

Enchanting a Warrior is easy:

Hit where you can, crit anywhere possible, then Dexterity, then AP, then Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrocco View Post
    The leg rune should be +5AP/+13 Hit.

+13 Strength is only slightly more AP and Hit also reduces your chance to be dodged or parried.

I wouldn't put a strength rune anywhere but my belt.

Enchanting a Warrior is easy:

Hit where you can, crit anywhere possible, then Dexterity, then AP, then Strength.
    That depends how geared you are. I dont need any hit runes to have 200+ hit so I would much rather want the extra str.

Rift Disciple

I know the obvious runes but my real question is are any of you wearing like the 39 crit rune on 2 hander and another 2 hander in bag with chance on proc 50 crit since weapon procs even while in your bags for some reason.

Rift Disciple

I know the obvious runes but my real question is are any of you wearing like the 39 crit rune on 2 hander and another 2 hander in bag with chance on proc 50 crit since weapon procs even while in your bags for some reason.
    Doing so would be knowingly exploiting a bug, why would anyone ever do that?

Helm: Glorified dex rune from ice watch
    Shoulders: dex rune (crit? i forget)
    Chest: dex rune
    legs: dex rune from Lantern hook
    gloves: crit rune
    boots: end rune
    belt: glorified dex rune from order of mathos
    weapons: crit rune
    ranged: crit rune

see the trend here? dex + crit
    "You're not alone. We are each other's accomplice. If you are a Witch, then perhaps I should be a Demon."
    < > - Hansenightly lv50 Warrior: Dayblind (Original) -Guardian
    Aurgaritrix lv35 Rogue: Deepstrike - Defiant (Quit after 1st Sab nerf)

Soulwalker

You make it sound like abusing a bug is a min/max dps strategy. That, and I'd be impressed by the stupidity of a person coming onto the forums and openly admitting to exploiting the game, lol.

Bix
    Rift Chaser

Man, if you're here asking about how to execute the bag exploit, you should probably just stop.

I just want to point out:

Raw stat scaling (Dex, Strength) is pretty terrible for Warriors. I prefer AP/Crit/Hit runes over even some of the Honored Rep runes.

I love the Radiant Accurate Runes over any alternative over the strength or dexterity runes.

Closed Thread