+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warriors Clearly 2nd Class Citizens

Ascendant

Default Warriors Clearly 2nd Class Citizens

Noticable since patch 1.2:

Stonespear, Windspear, Earth Burst do no damage if target is CC immune.

Riftwalk and Bull Rush similarly don't fire if someone is CC immune.

Clearly, these are bugs and yet 5 hotfixes in and no fix. Mages were fixed in the first patch. Its getting ridiculous. I am so sick and tired of a class team that totally ignores Warriors and our issues. I am getting really pissed with these bugs.

aux

Nope, mages weren't fixed. Only a few skills with the problem were, still many more to go.
    They're testing it right now on the Live servers, and fix them as they get reported.
    I'm so BORED

Ugh. That seems unintended. I expect this is the same for Void Knight silence + damage abilities, so frustrating to hear for me as I've been looking forward to a VK pvp spec. Pact generation must be absolutely destroyed

I'm already pigeon-holed into bard rather than Assassin for group pvp since this patch
    Last edited by Vanjelis; 05-19-2011 at 12:08 AM.
    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Rift Disciple

Earth burst also suffers from the same problem. I mean a ap point building skill is one thing but when you use you points hoping to get a burst of damage and you get 0damage + immune.......

Plane Touched

Yea really driving me crazy. can't believe they haven't fixed all the bugs from the patch yet.

Stupid DR system is epic fail.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    ve servers, and fix them as they get reported.
    now read the op, it was reported 9 days ago minimum.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Shadowlander

This is the problem with trying to give every class everything. You have abailities that do damage and CC. Since there are no dedicated support roles Trion first decided it had too much CC (duh) and then made this "fix".

I am sure warriors are not the only ones suffering. The former support trees must be a nightmare right now.

This was a problem since the final beta, at least. Anything immune to the CC of an ability would take zero damage if there was any that came out of it. Bull Rush a dungeon boss, or something similarly immune to roots/stuns. I wouldn't doubt this is half the reason Riftbladd (cwutididthar?) has felt as subpar as it always has, but I never played it so I wouldn't know.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Noticable since patch 1.2:

Stonespear, Windspear, Earth Burst do no damage if target is CC immune.

Riftwalk and Bull Rush similarly don't fire if someone is CC immune.

Clearly, these are bugs and yet 5 hotfixes in and no fix. Mages were fixed in the first patch. Its getting ridiculous. I am so sick and tired of a class team that totally ignores Warriors and our issues. I am getting really pissed with these bugs.
    you realize that they just locked down my forum and I was discussing the same thing
    of course, mine started with "screw you trion" but that was just to see if i got a response, and i did. they locked it. :P

but ya, agree 100 percent with what you wrote

No, warriors are more like an african country begging for welfare as our population dies from short life spans via AIDS. Clerics and Pyros are the United States and police the world. They also invented AIDS.
    Cheryes, Warriordudeman of Brocliff
    im a p90x in a shakeweight world

Rift Master

I think they need to adress this feeling about warriors asap. We are great tanks, we are great dps, we can hold our own in pvp. But playing a warrior, using the skills, seeing the souls makes me feel really sad.

We should be feeling like this - imagine a building - we have a great foundation and two great towers (tank and dps) - we was there in 1.0. Right now i feel that warrior calling is like shaky bridge with last two pylons (BM/SLI and VK) and we are losing more and more bricks (people) in every little breeze (patch/hotfixes). Also foundation of this bridge seems to be so broken that it is hard to believe it will get much better (for example think of AP and scalling).

And I think this sense of fubar or that we are forgotten is getting really strong in our community. Warriors were enjoyable in all betas, they were great in 1.0, after that it is nearly steady stream of nerfs and NOT repairing any bugs.

Last patch was a glimpse of light in pitch black. It was really small step but still a movement forward. I just hope they will bring something big for 1.3 or I fear my guild will have problems to have 5 raiding warriors (it is already problem now sometimes).

Shield of Telara

This is not something new with patch 1.2. It's just more noticeable because everyone is getting CC immunities more often.
    Yraen.com - Discussions Related to RIFT Warriors! Stop in and have a drink!
    How To: Preparing to Tank Tier 1 Dungeons
    Warrior PvE DPS Builds (1.1)
    Melee DPS Trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Nope, mages weren't fixed. Only a few skills with the problem were, still many more to go.
    They're testing it right now on the Live servers, and fix them as they get reported.
    Do you have a link to any proof/post they acknowledge and are working on it? I have posted about this several times and haven't received a response. The only thing I know is they acknowledged and worked on mages right away but I have heard nothing since.

Really though with all the indignities they've put warriors through recently, they're not winning any notoriety with Clan Warriors of Rift Forums.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Hodor; 05-19-2011 at 06:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread