+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 51 pt Void

Ascendant

Currently I'm doing 51 VK/13 Pally/2 Warlord. This let's me get 39% magic DR while still being able to maintain Spotter's Order for the group/raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodahelm View Post
    Void Knight 51 point, as well as at least 5 in Warlord and 5 in Paladin for the 10% Armor from each tree, and the remainder spread how you like (though grabbing as much block as possible is good).

That's the highest physical damage reduction a Warrior can achieve.

It's significantly below the highest magic damage reduction a Warrior can achieve, though.
    Actually, it's close, but the flat damage reductions in Reaver (Imbued Armor, Power from the Masses) will outpace the armor. Ravenous Defense in T1 gear is already bouncing off DR on Armor. Meaning you get less per point of Armor than you would if your value was lower.

Hence, Reaver/VK/Pally (due to the block damage reduction talent) would yield the least damage taken (pretty much period, every variation, whether 51 void or not will not utilize the Warlord tree for mitigation).

At least that's what I've noticed.

Additionally, Crest of the Abyss is pretty freaking solid, it's a solid amount of armor.
    Last edited by Marrocco; 05-12-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Rift Disciple

For the people who are planning on using 51vk with warlord and pally and are planning on using Battlefield Awareness, please read this.

If you use Battlefield Awareness you HAVE to spend your 6th point on Call to Battle. Why you ask? Because a bunch of you are noobs and don't know how to read. I saw builds that went 6 points into warlord and didn't have a call or command ability.

Battlefield Awareness: Every time the Warrior uses a CALL ability they gain Awareness, which increases dodge by 3% for 12 seconds. All CALL and COMMAND abilities that are used while Battlefield Awareness is active will generate threat against up to 10 enemies within 35 meters. Lasts 1 hour.

So for those of you who want to generate threat up to 35 meters around you, go ahead. But you HAVE TO USE A CALL OR COMMAND ABILITY for this to work. Also, 35 meters is a very far range, so plan on over-pulls and such.

To the person who uses sergeants order for aoe threat: Using sergeants order doesn't create an aoe threat gain, that skill is only single target since it is not a CALL or COMMAND ability and battlefield Awareness will have no effect on it.

So with all that said, I would use this build for the 51vk/pally/warlord people.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...EeuqIkiudz.x0z

This way you have 51vk, you get Touch of Life for "oh no I'm not ready to die" moments (along with the nice VK oh crap moments). You get +7% block, +20% armor, +3% dodge, +20% threat, and you get the damage boost for the raid while using your call to battle.

To get the most out of this build, get up your pacts and make sure the time doesn't hit 0 and you have 45 seconds to do so, so it's not hard. If you have any single target DPS, make them attack physical mobs before magical mobs since magic hits on you resets the time back to 45sec. Then, spam call to battle as much as you want for the damage boost and the threat gain. Personally I would get up pacts, use call to battle, use another point user skill, use all to battle, another point user skill, repeat until everything is dead. On a boss I would spam call to battle and spotters order for the most damage possible for single target.

I hope this helps and gives insight or something on how to use Battlefield Awareness and how to use a VK.

Quote Originally Posted by coodey View Post
    For the people who are planning on using 51vk with warlord and pally and are planning on using Battlefield Awareness, please read this.

If you use Battlefield Awareness you HAVE to spend your 6th point on Call to Battle. Why you ask? Because a bunch of you are noobs and don't know how to read. I saw builds that went 6 points into warlord and didn't have a call or command ability.

Battlefield Awareness: Every time the Warrior uses a CALL ability they gain Awareness, which increases dodge by 3% for 12 seconds. All CALL and COMMAND abilities that are used while Battlefield Awareness is active will generate threat against up to 10 enemies within 35 meters. Lasts 1 hour.

So for those of you who want to generate threat up to 35 meters around you, go ahead. But you HAVE TO USE A CALL OR COMMAND ABILITY for this to work. Also, 35 meters is a very far range, so plan on over-pulls and such.
    Derp, spotter's order counts as a call/command you dont "have" to spec into call to battle. And they reduced the ranged to 10m and only to mobs in combat with you. Some of us actually go into dungeons and test things along with reading the patch notes/ hotfixes.
    Last edited by Hansenight; 05-12-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    "You're not alone. We are each other's accomplice. If you are a Witch, then perhaps I should be a Demon."
    < > - Hansenightly lv50 Warrior: Dayblind (Original) -Guardian
    Aurgaritrix lv35 Rogue: Deepstrike - Defiant (Quit after 1st Sab nerf)

Shadowlander

Spotter's Order is a Call.

Edit: Beaten to it.
    Last edited by Lemon8r; 05-12-2011 at 02:13 PM.

To the person who uses sergeants order for aoe threat: Using sergeants order doesn't create an aoe threat gain, that skill is only single target since it is not a CALL or COMMAND ability and battlefield Awareness will have no effect on it.

So with all that said, I would use this build for the 51vk/pally/warlord people.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...EeuqIkiudz.x0z

This way you have 51vk, you get Touch of Life for "oh no I'm not ready to die" moments (along with the nice VK oh crap moments). You get +7% block, +20% armor, +3% dodge, +20% threat, and you get the damage boost for the raid while using your call to battle.

To get the most out of this build, get up your pacts and make sure the time doesn't hit 0 and you have 45 seconds to do so, so it's not hard. If you have any single target DPS, make them attack physical mobs before magical mobs since magic hits on you resets the time back to 45sec. Then, spam call to battle as much as you want for the damage boost and the threat gain. Personally I would get up pacts, use call to battle, use another point user skill, use all to battle, another point user skill, repeat until everything is dead. On a boss I would spam call to battle and spotters order for the most damage possible for single target.

I hope this helps and gives insight or something on how to use Battlefield Awareness and how to use a VK.
    Nice long diatribe to show you've never even bothered with the best finisher ability in existence. Good job looking like an idiot.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
    I haven't had a chance to log in and test a 51 VK build yet, but how are people managing pulling and the initial snap aggro to LOS casters/ranged without the reaver dots? I can only imagine pulling with a gun/bow will cause a lot of drama with trigger happy dps and pre-hot'ing healers.
    So I got a chance to test this last night. 51VK is pretty freakin solid and has some damn good aggro. Getting used to the trash packs was pretty straight forward. If I had no attack points I would Riftstorm prior to a pull just to make one, then run in and tag the mob furthest away, quickly followed by dumping a 1 point (or whatever was leftover from the previous fight) spotters order for solid aggro. Obviously you need to make sure you don't tag with spotters orders due to it not affecting anything that isn't in combat, meaning you are only going to have aggro on the one you tagged. As they get to you a quick riftstorm, aggressive block, pacifying strike followed by a 3point tempest basically meant nothing was peeling off you ever.

For dual caster packs, the best way I found to pull them was to channel Unstable Reaction into one, Riftstorm as the melee trash hits you (the silenced one you are UR'ing will be with them) then Rift Summon the other, drop a tempest and away you go. All of the above of course only applies if you actually need to pull the trash packs back from roamers etc...if you are over geared for whatever you are doing just run into the middle of everything and Riftstorm/Tempest while laughing. I'm not however, so had to actually take a modicum of care.

The only time RS/RD should ever wear off after you build the initial 10 stacks is if you have to afk for whatever reason, otherwise even if your group is standing around waiting for other people who are afk you can keep them going indefinitely.

Hopefully that helps out anyone who like me was trying to work out how to get initial aggro on packs, especially seeing as my regular healer insists on pre-hot'ing. I can never get her not to

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2