+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 pt reaver

Ascendant

Default 51 pt reaver

Is this a viable tank spec?

Never did much with Void. Worried about aggro with large AOE pulls.

Could someone suggest a spec and maybe some macros to make this work.

Shield of Telara

You mention Void. Did you mean a 51 point Void Knight spec?
    Yraen.com - Discussions Related to RIFT Warriors! Stop in and have a drink!
    How To: Preparing to Tank Tier 1 Dungeons
    Warrior PvE DPS Builds (1.1)
    Melee DPS Trinkets

Ascendant

Yes i meant Void. Was late at night here when I was posting. Is it now viable?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Yes i meant Void. Was late at night here when I was posting. Is it now viable?
    20% physical mitigation in one talent sir. You can't get raw 20% mitigation in the entirety of any other spec. Mentioned a few threads up is SO giving bananas aoe threat (lol, single target finisher for aoe threat on no CD, gotta love these patches).

But, yeah, it's gg. May still want a blocking one later because as you gain more block, that extra 20% blocked damage becomes more and more valuable from 20 pts paladin--compare going from 0 to 20 (20% damage redux) compared to say a 70 to 90 (a 300% decreased damage taken). ****'s gonna get real in the next cycle of gear if they don't reduce avoidance / mitigation scaling :P I'm thinking we'll get us another chill of the throne /groan.

RIFT Community Ambassador Sodahelm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly View Post
    20% physical mitigation in one talent sir. You can't get raw 20% mitigation in the entirety of any other spec. Mentioned a few threads up is SO giving bananas aoe threat (lol, single target finisher for aoe threat on no CD, gotta love these patches).

But, yeah, it's gg. May still want a blocking one later because as you gain more block, that extra 20% blocked damage becomes more and more valuable from 20 pts paladin--compare going from 0 to 20 (20% damage redux) compared to say a 70 to 90 (a 300% decreased damage taken). ****'s gonna get real in the next cycle of gear if they don't reduce avoidance / mitigation scaling :P I'm thinking we'll get us another chill of the throne /groan.
    Err, you get more mitigation out of Ravenous Defense than Accord of Emptiness.

Additionally, the 20% physical mitigation in one talent is better stated as '20% physical mitigation for only 25+ talent points.' Once you move past Devourer in the VK tree you're just spending points on unnecessary filler. It may only be one talent to get the buff, but it's a whole lot of pointless talents to be able to get it.

Also, that's not how Unyielding Defense works.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Is this a viable tank spec?

Never did much with Void. Worried about aggro with large AOE pulls.

Could someone suggest a spec and maybe some macros to make this work.
    No.

/thread

viable for what?

I wouldn't use it in a raid environment, but for T1 and T2, or for some fun in PvP - the build works very well, so it is viable.

WL or Reaver are musts for AoE agro however. I suggest pali/wl as your off specs.

TBH it's more fun in PvP then PvE.

Rift Disciple

from people who have tested it
    'yes' its viable
    not for every encounter tho, but a lot of specs aren't viable for every encounter.
    Every time a saboteur presses detonate, an angel gets its wings.

+ Reply to Thread