+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98

Thread: Giving back: Farming+PVP build + Macros

  1. #1
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default Giving back: Farming+PVP build + Macros

    Hey all,

    We’ve seen some great specialized tank, dps, and pvp roles lately. My thanks to those posting them and I’m using them myself.

    I decided to give back to the community and post my general use build. With it I can do daily quests, solo elites (2 at a time), solo rifts, PVP and much more. In PVP I generally only have trouble with the regular 2 overpowered specs, Pyro and those annoying Justi tanks. Though if said Pyro+Justi are terribad, you will kill them.

    YES, sometimes you will drink after a pull.

    Dummy parsers will be disappointed as it only parses 425+ single target DPS and 800+ against dummies. The build’s hidden strength is in its mitigation, healing, and its synergy. All of which is used for staying alive and doing dps. Note: I have parsed much higher in real-world circumstances; this morning I parsed almost 1,100 DPS taking out a Mathos elite patrol + 7-8 trash mobs in just over 30 seconds.

    I use 24.x dps crafted mace with shield proc, The Wall, and have the heal on block essence, death damage lifetap essence, lich king trinket and some T1 gear although I have been effectively using it since before I had any T1 gear. This stuff is all nice but there is definitely better to be had out there. That said better gear will add to your abilities.

    I’m no macro pro but these are the ones I use and they work great. But maybe someone will spot something and help me improve. And if it’s all good then maybe it will help some people still struggling after 1.1.

    I have only reworked this spec one time after 1.1, basically to ditch rift storm and rift surge. With the changes to those abilities I found better use for the points elsewhere. I use planar blade and the crit abilities for power generation.

    I have tested other variations including using champion in lieu of RB. Although it parsed higher AOE dps, it failed in other areas and RB continues to be king for me.

    Enjoy, and please leave comments.

    Spec is here, and you may place the last point wherever you wish:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...M.EGozzcMMtz.t

    Single AP Builder:

    #show light’s hammer
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast rising waterfall
    Cast aggressive block
    Cast frost strike
    Cast searing strike
    Cast disarming counterblow
    Cast retaliation
    Cast light’s hammer
    Cast stonespear
    Cast windspear
    Cast shield throw
    Cast flamespear

    (If your target is out of melee range this will become a ranged spec, thanks to Kutsuu for the macro tip in another thread)

    Single Finisher:

    #show strike like iron
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast strike like iron
    Cast fiery burst

    (there is no reason to use anything but fiery burst against single target, it does more DPS than any of the other RB other finishers, and it can crit 4x for power generation)

    AOE AP builder:

    #show sweeping strike
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast rising waterfall
    Cast aggressive block
    Cast sweeping strike
    Cast thunder strike
    Cast disarming counterblow
    Cast retaliation

    (First off although this is an AOE AP builder I included many of the single target ones because they are either cheap in power or provide defensive abilities. I also omitted frost strike because it only affects 1 target of thunder strike for 20% extra so I felt that wasn’t worthwhile, plus it actually lowered DPS in aoe mode)

    AOE Finisher:

    #show strike like iron
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast storm burst
    Cast earth burst
    Cast scales of justice
    Cast fiery burst

    (The order may seem strange here but storm burst hits 7 targets at once and that is more valuable to me than doing slightly more damage to only 3 opponents. I want storm burst firing off as much as possible)

    Finally I have an “Oh shart” button for when I bite off a little too much lol. Stock up on healing/buffer potions/items, some are on separate timers. I tried to save my most expensive stuff for last, but you can reorder as necessary.

    Oh Shart!:

    #show touch of life
    Use revitalization seed
    Use soul shard
    Use soul remnant
    Use basic healing potion
    Use greater healing potion
    Use mighty healing potion
    Use heroic healing tonic
    Cast touch of life

    This build pretty much kicks some ***. I hope I didn’t just get a bunch of sh*t nerfed.

    Still having trouble editing and uploading video or this would be accompanied by outtakes. For some reason when you record a video ingame, it can not be edited by Windows Movie Editor.
    Last edited by Hodor; 05-02-2011 at 07:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara taugrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxen View Post
    I use 24.x dps crafted mace with shield proc, The Wall, and have the heal on block essence, death damage lifetap essence
    I have the same shield too, and it's very good for PVE and PVP.

    One question for you: have you had a chance in PVP to compare the crafted mace with the R5 PVP 1H? I'm wondering how much of a damage differential there is. The crafted mace has a nice bubble proc which seems to proc on about ~10-15% of melee attacks (including auto-attacks).
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

  3. #3
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Corrosive Faeshard = 650 Change to heal on Block -> Expert Life Rift
    Insanity Sliver = Chance on Block to heal 1080 over 8 seconds (~210ish a tick) -> First Boss Expert AP

    Two very useful for builds like this.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander IamMercy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Like this build a lot!

    A few things I noticed dummy testing.
    Searing Strike always out damages Rising Waterfall. I can see no reason to ever use it.
    Aggressive Block is great for blocking but bad for damage. I like it outside of the macro to use when someone beats on you.

    Its impracticable to keep up SLI all the time. Without Weapon Master the following happens.
    Cast SLI. Because you got the 3rd attack point immediately after a swing you now have to wait 1.5 seconds to use another ability.
    Use ability (time passed since SLI 1.5 seconds)
    Use ability (TP = 3sec)
    Use ability (TP = 4.5sec)
    Use finisher (no time)
    Use ability (TP = 6sec) (Finisher fires)
    Use ability (TP = 7.5sec)
    Use ability (TP = 9sec)
    Use ability (TP = 10.5)

    Now either you:
    Use finisher(no time)
    Use ability (TP = 12sec) more than likely you will not get SLI here.
    Use ability (TP = 13.5) no SLI
    Use ability (TP = 15sec) no SLI
    Use SLI

    Or you:
    wait 2seconds and use SLI.

    Either way you are losing out on damage that SLI is making up for. Running tests on dummies I see almost no difference between SLI and no SLI. Makes me think those 6 points might be better spent (yes 3% crit is nice)

    Conclusion:
    Going without SLI, removing Rising Waterfall from rotation and moving Aggressive Block outside of macro I was able to get a good 500DPS sustained.

    With 6 in Reaver you would get: +5% damage, Another 300+ armor when being hit, a melee DOT and a cast DOT that heals you (yes its not great). Might try that.
    Last edited by IamMercy; 05-02-2011 at 08:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple swiftynshifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I rely like the look of this build If you are an undergeard warrior I would take a good look at this build.
    only problem I see is in your

    #show light’s hammer
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast rising waterfall
    Cast aggressive block
    Cast frost strike
    Cast searing strike
    Cast disarming counterblow
    Cast retaliation
    Cast light’s hammer
    Cast stonespear
    Cast windspear
    Cast shield throw
    Cast flamespear

    you have searing strike befor disarming counterblow and retaliation, bye haveing it set up this way you will never cast disarming counterblow or retaliation, due to the fact that searing strike being a spamable skill. Below is the fixed macro

    #show light’s hammer
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast rising waterfall
    Cast aggressive block
    Cast frost strike
    Cast disarming counterblow
    Cast retaliation
    Cast searing strike
    Cast light’s hammer
    Cast stonespear
    Cast windspear
    Cast shield throw
    Cast flamespear

    I would also not put windspear in the macro its a situational skill and should be used when needed not just when ever its off cd.

    on a side note keep in mind that if you put skills that are off gcd in a macro if you hit the macro button before the gcd is off cd you will cast the skill that is not on gcd so in the below macro.

    #show strike like iron
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast storm burst
    Cast earth burst
    Cast scales of justice
    Cast fiery burst

    If you hit your finisher before the gcd is off cd you will allways cast fiery burst as its a skill that is not on gcd and is spamable just an fyi, if it was me i would key bind the skill.

    hear are a few build that I like to use I'm a big 2 hander junky but i use a macro to change between a 2hander and a 1hander and shield.

    macro

    equip(name of your 2 hander)
    equip (name of your 1 hander)
    equip ( name of your shield)

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c....V.EhczqRMuuzz

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0o.xhMzqRMGdzz

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...x0o.g0szdsMGtz

    now at rank 6 phalanx is way to good of a skill not to pick up not only do you get 50% damage but so dose every one else in you party. Now hear is the kicker you have improved guard as well in this tree so if your healer, or some one else is being focused you can cast guard on them and now they are at 100 % damage reduction.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swiftynshifty View Post
    you have searing strike befor disarming counterblow and retaliation, bye haveing it set up this way you will never cast disarming counterblow or retaliation, due to the fact that searing strike being a spamable skill. Below is the fixed macro
    No, his macro works. Disarming Counterblow and retaliation are off-gcd. If you hit the macro while the gcd is not up, the non-gcd abilites will fire.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxen View Post
    Hey all,

    We’ve seen some great specialized tank, dps, and pvp roles lately. My thanks to those posting them and I’m using them myself.

    I decided to give back to the community and post my general use build. With it I can do daily quests, solo elites (2 at a time), solo rifts, PVP and much more. In PVP I generally only have trouble with the regular 2 overpowered specs, Pyro and those annoying Justi tanks. Though if said Pyro+Justi are terribad, you will kill them.

    YES, sometimes you will drink after a pull.

    Dummy parsers will be disappointed as it only parses 425+ single target DPS and 800+ against dummies. The build’s hidden strength is in its mitigation, healing, and its synergy. All of which is used for staying alive and doing dps. Note: I have parsed much higher in real-world circumstances; this morning I parsed almost 1,100 DPS taking out a Mathos elite patrol + 7-8 trash mobs in just over 30 seconds.

    I use 24.x dps crafted mace with shield proc, The Wall, and have the heal on block essence, death damage lifetap essence, lich king trinket and some T1 gear although I have been effectively using it since before I had any T1 gear. This stuff is all nice but there is definitely better to be had out there. That said better gear will add to your abilities.

    I’m no macro pro but these are the ones I use and they work great. But maybe someone will spot something and help me improve. And if it’s all good then maybe it will help some people still struggling after 1.1.

    I have only reworked this spec one time after 1.1, basically to ditch rift storm and rift surge. With the changes to those abilities I found better use for the points elsewhere. I use planar blade and the crit abilities for power generation.

    I have tested other variations including using champion in lieu of RB. Although it parsed higher AOE dps, it failed in other areas and RB continues to be king for me.

    Enjoy, and please leave comments.

    Spec is here, and you may place the last point wherever you wish:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...M.EGozzcMMtz.t

    Single AP Builder:

    #show light’s hammer
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast rising waterfall
    Cast aggressive block
    Cast frost strike
    Cast searing strike
    Cast disarming counterblow
    Cast retaliation
    Cast light’s hammer
    Cast stonespear
    Cast windspear
    Cast shield throw
    Cast flamespear

    (If your target is out of melee range this will become a ranged spec, thanks to Kutsuu for the macro tip in another thread)

    Single Finisher:

    #show strike like iron
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast strike like iron
    Cast fiery burst

    (there is no reason to use anything but fiery burst against single target, it does more DPS than any of the other RB other finishers, and it can crit 4x for power generation)

    AOE AP builder:

    #show sweeping strike
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast rising waterfall
    Cast aggressive block
    Cast sweeping strike
    Cast thunder strike
    Cast disarming counterblow
    Cast retaliation

    (First off although this is an AOE AP builder I included many of the single target ones because they are either cheap in power or provide defensive abilities. I also omitted frost strike because it only affects 1 target of thunder strike for 20% extra so I felt that wasn’t worthwhile, plus it actually lowered DPS in aoe mode)

    AOE Finisher:

    #show strike like iron
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast storm burst
    Cast earth burst
    Cast scales of justice
    Cast fiery burst

    (The order may seem strange here but storm burst hits 7 targets at once and that is more valuable to me than doing slightly more damage to only 3 opponents. I want storm burst firing off as much as possible)

    Finally I have an “Oh shart” button for when I bite off a little too much lol. Stock up on healing/buffer potions/items, some are on separate timers. I tried to save my most expensive stuff for last, but you can reorder as necessary.

    Oh Shart!:

    #show touch of life
    Use revitalization seed
    Use soul shard
    Use soul remnant
    Use basic healing potion
    Use greater healing potion
    Use mighty healing potion
    Use heroic healing tonic
    Cast touch of life

    This build pretty much kicks some ***. I hope I didn’t just get a bunch of sh*t nerfed.

    Still having trouble editing and uploading video or this would be accompanied by outtakes. For some reason when you record a video ingame, it can not be edited by Windows Movie Editor.
    dude i like this buiild man im using it right now..but i need help with your macros and stuff..
    gives me an error and all that..can u help me please??

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeoxyrrah View Post
    dude i like this buiild man im using it right now..but i need help with your macros and stuff..
    gives me an error and all that..can u help me please??
    It's most likely giving you an error because you don't have all the skills in the macro unlocked yet. Insert the line "suppressmacrofailures", without the quotation marks, after the "#show" line and all your error messages will disappear.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    It's most likely giving you an error because you don't have all the skills in the macro unlocked yet. Insert the line "suppressmacrofailures", without the quotation marks, after the "#show" line and all your error messages will disappear.

    i did that..still gives me error..i dont know why...

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeoxyrrah View Post
    i did that..still gives me error..i dont know why...
    Well what's the error message you're getting?

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    Well what's the error message you're getting?
    the /supressmacrofailures command is only supported within macros, and it will supress console error messages generated by incorrectly invoked slash commands for the remainder of macro's operation.

    thats the error i got..i just copy the macros from here..and paste it on rift....

    need help..please

  12. #12
    Shadowlander IamMercy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Remove suppress and retype it.
    Also remove 'light's hammer' and retype it.

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Awesome build, I soloed 3 50 elites without full heal, I am able to solo major rifts (only sometimes I am too slow to beat timer). 10 normal mobs is not problem, never dipping bellow 75% hp. Awesome mate.

    I am quite geared tho, T1/T2, 550 block heal essence, 50 end on hit essence and that trinket from RD 500+ heal on hit.

    Btw, I had to rewrite the suppressmacrofailues part and Light's .... for some reason.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Hi all I am glad you are enjoying the build- here are comments/responses

    One question for you: have you had a chance in PVP to compare the crafted mace with the R5 PVP 1H? I'm wondering how much of a damage differential there is. The crafted mace has a nice bubble proc which seems to proc on about ~10-15% of melee attacks (including auto-attacks).
    Hi Taugrim, I am not yet R5 so I don't know. However the descriptions for Retaliation and balance of power do damage based on weapon damage (DPS?), so I would go for the highest DPS weapon I could get my hands on just because it would help boost the heals linked to those 2 skills. Rank 5 seems so far off, what PVP build are you using to get rank 5 so fast?

    Corrosive Faeshard = 650 Change to heal on Block -> Expert Life Rift
    Insanity Sliver = Chance on Block to heal 1080 over 8 seconds (~210ish a tick) -> First Boss Expert AP
    I have wanted that Faeshard a while, just didn't know it came from some place specific! Where's the best place to find expert life rifts? I just became T2 geared so I should hopefully start getting into Expert AP and get shots at that trinket also.

    Going without SLI, removing Rising Waterfall from rotation and moving Aggressive Block outside of macro I was able to get a good 500DPS sustained.
    Interesting... In my parsing Rising Waterfall was doing a good chunk of damage, and I had tested without SLI as well and it also lost DPS. I will have to retest. I might be inclined to leave AB in macro though as I'm a complete fumble fingers heheh, anything I can do to make things easier on myself is a good thing.

    on a side note keep in mind that if you put skills that are off gcd in a macro if you hit the macro button before the gcd is off cd you will cast the skill that is not on gcd so in the below macro.

    #show strike like iron
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast storm burst
    Cast earth burst
    Cast scales of justice
    Cast fiery burst

    If you hit your finisher before the gcd is off cd you will allways cast fiery burst as its a skill that is not on gcd and is spamable just an fyi, if it was me i would key bind the skill.
    Looks like you found a typo... I forgot to type SLI into the AOE finisher. I hope everyone caught that.

    Corrected AOE finisher:

    #show strike like iron
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast strike like iron
    Cast storm burst
    Cast earth burst
    Cast scales of justice
    Cast fiery burst


    I must have thrown Fiery burst in there since its off GCD thinking that was a good thing, but it sounds like it might be a bad thing, you may end up firing off Fiery burst too much and losing DPS in AOE situations. So perhaps Fiery Burst needs to be removed. The idea here is that you're in a race of your mitigation+HP regeneration to burn mobs down before they overcome your ability to stay alive.

    dude i like this buiild man im using it right now..but i need help with your macros and stuff..
    gives me an error and all that..can u help me please??
    I'm not sure... try retyping them manually, maybe it doesn't like the caps lock of the macro's first character. Word capitalized them as I was typing this up.

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Just was accused of cheating using this build :-). Beat cleric warrior duo with warrior using full heal and cleric soulwalking in middle of the fight. Its just awesome. I did some personal changes tho, added Rift Storm as I love that ability, added Rift Surge for world pvp and 2 points in less spear cooldown. I have no points in RB parry talent.

    But really this spec is just ridiculous with right essences trinkets, I have 8k hp, and I can tank 3-4 lvl 50 invasion packs without a sweat.
    Last edited by Zhalfirim; 05-03-2011 at 06:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts