+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftwalk directional requirement

Default Riftwalk directional requirement

As a riftblade PvPer, I find having some kind of enemy in front of me to target is the make or break of riftwalk, and thus pretty important. Anyone else find it annoying when you can't get out of CC because they got behind you? I guess it's suppose to work that way, but I'm not even certain of that.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    Anyone else find it annoying when you can't get out of CC because they got behind you?
    Nope.

/10c
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Nope.

/10c
    Are you a riftblade PvPer who experiences this?

It's a little frustrating but just one of the drawbacks of RW.

Sez

Are you a riftblade PvPer who experiences this?
    No, but if you need to use an ability that requires initial LoS, and the target is behind you, it doesn't matter what ability it is, its not going to fire properly.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

As a riftblade PvPer, I find having some kind of enemy in front of me to target is the make or break of riftwalk, and thus pretty important. Anyone else find it annoying when you can't get out of CC because they got behind you? I guess it's suppose to work that way, but I'm not even certain of that.
    Well, that's why for PVP it's good to get multiple CC breakers.

In order I try:
    1. Riftwalk
    2. Secondary tree CC breaker
    3. PVP tree CC breaker

Since I have 3 to work I can get out of CC most of the time.

Example: Rogue applies 3 consecutive CC's on me, and I break them all using the above order:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwHMcYA5dK4#t=1m58s
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

I find it annoying, but at least we have other work arounds =)

for pvp? im like Taugrim, i have at LEAST more than 1 CC breaker... at all times.

pve, meh dont matter. lol

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

If you were able to go backward with a Riftwalk it would turn into a Moonwalk.

like many other riftblades, i rely on multiple CC breaks, so when riftwalk is an option, i have others. the strength of riftwalk is in its refreshed cooldown from having planar blade. while most other breaks are on a 2 minute cooldown, riftwalk can be available again in seconds. its weakness, as noted, is it requires a frontal target.

Rift Chaser

Riftwalk is a gap closer.It is suppose to used close the gaps between players just like Shield Charge,Bull Rush, and Thread the Trees.Rift walk has 2 side effects it roots the players and break free of CC's.No i don't get annoyed at when a Rogue pops up behind of me i can't use riftwalk because in codex or in world pvp when somebody is on a cliff firing down at me,I can pop up behind of them.

Use another CC break like people are suggesting in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kirabi View Post
    Riftwalk is a gap closer.It is suppose to used close the gaps between players just like Shield Charge,Bull Rush, and Thread the Trees.
    Yes, it also does that. Doesn't mean you can't save it for breaking free, since it's just as much good for that as a gap closer. In fact, it does both. So saving it for when you are in need of both is the truest way to use it.
    My 2her 51 riftblade/15 champ/0 vk build has bull rush in combat in order to save riftwalk for break freeing. (and the AoE fear is lovely in wfs)

No i don't get annoyed at when a Rogue pops up behind of me i can't use riftwalk because in codex or in world pvp when somebody is on a cliff firing down at me,I can pop up behind of them.
    I addressed this in the OP. I said specifically: "I find having some kind of enemy in front of me to target is the make or break of riftwalk". I know you don't have to riftwalk the guy you're wanting to kill in order to break free, but I guess I should have said breaking free specifically.

Use another CC break like people are suggesting in this thread
    Thanks for adding your vote to one of the solutions. I guess I'll have to drop 0 vk for vindicator and find a hot key for break free once I hit 50.
    Last edited by Shinigam1; 04-30-2011 at 08:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread