+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 155

Thread: Hi, my name is 50 warrior and my survivability sucks.

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Lunacresia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    305

    Default Hi, my name is 50 warrior and my survivability sucks.

    Without putting at least 15+ points in VK, Reaver, of Pally you pretty much melt. Why? Threatening damage in RIFT is elemental. Physical damage is joke and almost all warrior defenses that are easily obtainable, including an entire tree (paragon) is based on physical dmg. mitigation. So when your in a WF and elemental AoE is flying all over, when your in overlapping circles of damage you just die.

    Warrior damage is not an issue. Warrior survivability is. Warriors do not stay alive a long enough as a front line class to deal threatening pressure. Warriors standing in circle of oblivion are hilarious, because they die just as fast as the guy wearing cloth. The funny thing is, the mage can siphon life and chloro to save himself, while the warrior has ONE 10m CD heal.

    Warriors was meant to be a frontline melee class, but doesn't have what it takes to stand in the front and take elemental hits.

    Warriors should NOT be no. 1 DPS, but should have the survivability and defenses against a mixed bag for damage in order to compensate for having to be in the face of the enemy.

    NON physical damage in RIFT is extremely damaging. Without going deep VK or taking spell resistance (which is a paltry 9%) in paladin + the full heal, warriors do not have ANY defenses against most of the damage in RIFT.

    I would go as far as to say warriors have the LEAST amount of survivability next to rogues, who actually have stealth, stuns, and more escape skills than a warrior. A warrior in a WF is like a big naked cow you can just load up with damage and he can't do anything to keep himself up.

    Any warrior dedicating too much to a DPS tree finds themselves in a situation where yea, they deal decent damage not GREAT damage like a pyro or cabalist, but good damage; yet they can't ever really stay alive long enough to dish out pressure.

    As a healer, on my warden, sometimes I let warriors on the frontline die. Why? Because it takes half of my mana bar just to keep them up for a mediocre amount of pressure, when I can be popping aoe heals to save my team.

    I have a 50 warrior, I can't play her in any PVP setting outside of Taugrims Pally/RB spec without going nuts. I have a 39 healer I rerolled to and I have problems keeping warriors up with warden and purifier specs because they TAKE SO MUCH DAMAGE standing in elemental aoes and taking spellblasts.

    Just about every other class can stay alive better than a war. Rogues can stun you and disappear, clerics can heal on every hit, mages with lock/chloro/necro can just suck the life out of you.

    Warriors have ONE dependable red bar goes up skill and depend on being in the position where they are liable to take the MOST damage out of any class, yet they lack the tools and hard survivability needed for that position.

    As a healer, most of my wasted healing is spent on rambo DPS warriors trying to stand on the front while being in 2-3 circles of overlapping AoE and melting, taking full damage through their plate.

    Sometimes you know, I just let them die. Is it a big loss to my team, nope! And that's just kinda sad.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser myshkin67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    327

    Default

    as we read on "reddit" and talked with some english m8s from league of legends many groups r switching over to tank with a rogue soul more effectivly.

    thats the sign for me that warriors r dead enough.

    or should i quote frank zappa: warriors arent dead, they only smell funny.
    Last edited by myshkin67; 04-20-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    nope. was it.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    warrior is post 1.1 useless. dmg is not really high anymore, its actualy low compared to the survi... erhm wait what survivability?

    2 hander warrior should do higher dmg or be given some tools to escape/survive, like rogue.
    its really weird when a rogue has, immune to dmg, dodge, dmg reduction, and invisibility... and dps warrior has... 1 aoe fear, and i think thats it?
    Last edited by Delicious0101; 04-20-2011 at 04:09 AM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Ok did this guy just say that unless he puts some points into a survivability sould he doesn't have much survivability.

    Not wanting to point out the obvious here but.....

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple 50 percent grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default

    you re comparing a DPS role (champ with fear) with a tank role (riftstalker). The tank role will of course have more survivability.

    While the champ will do dmg as he is a dps role, the riftstalker wont dps because he is a tank role.


    Also think about taking the PvP soul when you are talking about PvP. There is a lot of survivability in there.

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Ok did this guy just say that unless he puts some points into a survivability sould he doesn't have much survivability.

    Not wanting to point out the obvious here but.....
    This is right but then you should be rewarded with brutal damage and burst. We had that, not anymore. 2h warriors in wfs are one of the saddest things you can see in Rift unless they are backed by 2+ healers. Then you see a mage burst more then we did in 1.0 with more CC and survivability and from range...... who will say it is fair because we have some kind mythic survivability..... which is not true at alll.

    So give us back damage or more antimagic survivability (from armor for example).

  7. #7
    Plane Touched AcacianLeaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Oh my GOD does everyone that spends more than a few days playing World of Warcraft get infected with some kind whiner's disease? Its sad that developers actually listen to you babies sometimes. You do realize that incessant whining, hyperbole, and outright stupid statements like "many groups r switching over to tank with a rogue soul more effectivly" is the reason that we got nerfed in the first place right?

    If you go to Greenscale's with a Rogue tank, YOU WILL FAIL. Come on man you have to know that statement is idiotic.

    Yes, I agree that Warrior's should have more PvP survivability (and in my opinion less outright DPS and more CC). I can even agree that we could use an upward adjustment in PvE survivability, but honestly we haven't had any issues with our Warrior tanks.

    You guys realize that NOBODY has survivability against the current way that Pyros are balanced? It's not like Rogues and Clerics are running around with 50% fire immunity or something. EVERYONE is dying in 1-2 Fulminates or a series of Fireballs.

    Critique the game, yes. Point out its flaws, absolutely. But don't say silly crap like "Warriors are useless".
    Last edited by AcacianLeaves; 04-20-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    World of Warcraft is Easy Listening. RIFT is Heavy Metal.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 50 percent grey View Post
    you re comparing a DPS role (champ with fear) with a tank role (riftstalker). The tank role will of course have more survivability.

    While the champ will do dmg as he is a dps role, the riftstalker wont dps because he is a tank role.


    Also think about taking the PvP soul when you are talking about PvP. There is a lot of survivability in there.
    lol pvp soul, ya i seen those guys running around, warrior pvp soul is only good if u have a premade, if not u are pretty useless + ur dmg is a non factor.
    Last edited by Delicious0101; 04-20-2011 at 04:32 AM.

  9. #9
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcacianLeaves View Post
    Oh my GOD does everyone that spends more than a few days playing World of Warcraft get infected with some kind whiner's disease? Its sad that developers actually listen to you babies sometimes. You do realize that incessant whining, hyperbole, and outright stupid statements like "many groups r switching over to tank with a rogue soul more effectivly" is the reason that we got nerfed in the first place right?

    If you go to Greenscale's with a Rogue tank, YOU WILL FAIL. Come on man you have to know that statement is idiotic.

    Yes, I agree that Warrior's should have more PvP survivability (and in my opinion less outright DPS and more CC). I can even agree that we could use an upward adjustment in PvE survivability, but honestly we haven't had any issues with our Warrior tanks.

    You guys realize that NOBODY has survivability against the current way that Pyros are balanced? It's not like Rogues and Clerics are running around with 50% fire immunity or something. EVERYONE is dying in 1-2 Fulminates or a series of Fireballs.

    Critique the game, yes. Point out its flaws, absolutely. But don't say silly crap like "Warriors are useless".
    Do you raid actually? Because Riftstalker tank is a way to go on some fights and is more survivable on most bosses than any warrior tank. They can even survive situations where something bad happened (some healers down, other tank is dead so there is no one to switch with) and we said ok, lets wipe and then the RS is still there, standing, tanking, winning it for the group. Or ask any frickin healer out there who is taking more damage or is easier to heal. They already have their favorite and it is a Riftstalker.
    Last edited by Zhalfirim; 04-20-2011 at 04:33 AM.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcacianLeaves View Post
    Oh my GOD does everyone that spends more than a few days playing World of Warcraft get infected with some kind whiner's disease? Its sad that developers actually listen to you babies sometimes. You do realize that incessant whining, hyperbole, and outright stupid statements like "many groups r switching over to tank with a rogue soul more effectivly" is the reason that we got nerfed in the first place right?

    If you go to Greenscale's with a Rogue tank, YOU WILL FAIL. Come on man you have to know that statement is idiotic.

    Yes, I agree that Warrior's should have more PvP survivability (and in my opinion less outright DPS and more CC). I can even agree that we could use an upward adjustment in PvE survivability, but honestly we haven't had any issues with our Warrior tanks.

    You guys realize that NOBODY has survivability against the current way that Pyros are balanced? It's not like Rogues and Clerics are running around with 50% fire immunity or something. EVERYONE is dying in 1-2 Fulminates or a series of Fireballs.

    Critique the game, yes. Point out its flaws, absolutely. But don't say silly crap like "Warriors are useless".
    man warriors are so useful, that must be why i see 10 of them on wfs everyday! oh wait i think those are rogues... the other 20 are mages and then maybe 2 warriors, which are clueless sword and shield spec trying to 1vs1 on wf.
    Last edited by Delicious0101; 04-20-2011 at 04:34 AM.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched AcacianLeaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhalfirim View Post
    Do you raid actually? Because Riftstalker tank is a way to go on some fights and is more survivable on most bosses than any warrior tank. They can even survive situations where something bad happened (some healers down, other tank is dead so there is no one to switch with) and we said ok, lets wipe and then the RS is still there, standing, tanking, winning it for the group.
    Obviously Riftstalkers can tank, they're a tanking spec. One of the best things about Rift is that we aren't pigeonholed in our choices.

    However, a Warrior tank can do the exact same thing with the right spec, with more consistent results. I concede that a good player can make up for the failings of using a rogue, and may even be able to get through some raid content by the skin of his teeth. But can a rogue of equal skill and gear do it better than his Warrior counterpart? No, I highly doubt it.

    Besides OP was talking about PvP survivability. He's right, of course. Mages have the God-Mode Pyro/Chloro spec, Clerics obviously have high survivability, but Rogues and Warriors (especially in melee) get shafted pretty hard. Rogues have it worse, but everyone has it bad with the way Pyro damage is working now. Its not a Warrior specific problem.
    World of Warcraft is Easy Listening. RIFT is Heavy Metal.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched AcacianLeaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delicious0101 View Post
    man warriors are so useful, that must be why i see 10 of them on wfs everyday! oh wait i think those are rogues... the other 20 are mages and then maybe 2 warriors, which are clueless sword and shield spec trying to 1vs1 on wf.
    So because the Warriors you see are too stupid to spec correctly and play intelligently and the game's PvP is currently dominated by RDPS, Warriors are useless? Sounds like a problem with RDPS and the skill of the Warriors you see, not with the Warrior class specifically.
    World of Warcraft is Easy Listening. RIFT is Heavy Metal.

  13. #13
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcacianLeaves View Post
    Obviously Riftstalkers can tank, they're a tanking spec. One of the best things about Rift is that we aren't pigeonholed in our choices.

    However, a Warrior tank can do the exact same thing with the right spec, with more consistent results. I concede that a good player can make up for the failings of using a rogue, and may even be able to get through some raid content by the skin of his teeth. But can a rogue of equal skill and gear do it better than his Warrior counterpart? No, I highly doubt it.

    Besides OP was talking about PvP survivability. He's right, of course. Mages have the God-Mode Pyro/Chloro spec, Clerics obviously have high survivability, but Rogues and Warriors (especially in melee) get shafted pretty hard. Rogues have it worse, but everyone has it bad with the way Pyro damage is working now. Its not a Warrior specific problem.
    You are seriously wrong raid-wise and pvp wise too. If a rogue spec for melee dps in pvp, he has skills like stuns, stealth, slip away and others, also their pvp soul is defensively much better then ours. Warriors have just charge.

    Riftstalkers are better tanks, period. However you spec your warrior, they have same/better mitigation, more health and mainly more defensive skills and cooldowns to use. And a lot of kitting skills to top it.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AcacianLeaves View Post
    So because the Warriors you see are too stupid to spec correctly and play intelligently and the game's PvP is currently dominated by RDPS, Warriors are useless? Sounds like a problem with RDPS and the skill of the Warriors you see, not with the Warrior class specifically.
    lol wait wait so u are saying that warriors are fine, because they get smushed to the ground by RDPS... mkay good thinking there keep it up.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Calcifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Germany/ United Kingdom
    Posts
    410

    Default

    If you go to Greenscale's with a Rogue tank, YOU WILL FAIL.
    I lol'd.


    Riftstalker tanks Better than Warrior PERIOD!
    If you dont know what your talking about, just dont.

    Our raid tanks have all become rogues sicne they perform so much better, thats 4/5 GB and 2/5 RoS so far, oh and all the rift raids.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts