+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Riftblade/15 Paragon PvP

Default 51 Riftblade/15 Paragon PvP

Theoretically you could pop a 65% stronger burst every one or two attack abilities. On top of which you have the talent that ups elemental damage by 30% for 6 seconds after every burst and SLI. Has anyone tried this (only interested in PvP)?

Rift Disciple

I have tried it and works rather well with a 2hander. I prefer 51 rift/15 Pally myself though. I use sword and board.

fresh 50, It may have some potency. but the trouble with riftblade is it has no scaling. So the only real difference between this build fresh and this build geared is how much hp you have. But I have the feeling, in time rift blade will be rebuilt to scale.

PvP against me is alot like sex with me. Its quick, unexpected and ends with only me satisfied.

Thanks for the input, I should specify it's intended for 2hander weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by urvine View Post
    fresh 50, It may have some potency. but the trouble with riftblade is it has no scaling. So the only real difference between this build fresh and this build geared is how much hp you have. But I have the feeling, in time rift blade will be rebuilt to scale.
    The strikes scale, spears and surge don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynorxx View Post
    The strikes scale, spears and surge don't.
    That's my understanding as well, but back to the build. I'm definitely thinking planar blade since it'll be energy intensive and riftwalk is it's only gap closer.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...qRbGzdz.tct00V

PvP is about your utility, not your dps. This build provides better DPS any way, and gives much more utility.

Lingering Wounds
    Kick
    AoE Fear
    Charge that stuns
    Energy Regen
    Ranged Damage
    BladeFury and Titan's Strike for that chance at a 2000 damage finisher.
    ranged snares
    energy regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post

PvP is about your utility, not your dps. This build provides better DPS any way, and gives much more utility.

Lingering Wounds
    Kick
    AoE Fear
    Charge that stuns
    Energy Regen
    Ranged Damage
    ranged snares
    energy regen.
    Well it's not dps I'm aiming at, but rather lots of burst. The AoE fear is lovely, but the rest are acceptable losses imo since riftblade already has so much utility.

I've been running a mixture with champ, lingering wounds seems meh since I have less than 5% crit chance. There's windspear for casters.

Telaran

Yes, your utility is important. That's why it's awesome that 51 rift/15 para provides:

Good damage at *all* ranges.
    Real energy regen (via planar blade...which is vastly superior to grim satisfaction I might add).
    Avatar of the Rift. 10% dmg reduction, huge increase to bursts damage (which you spam like mad thanks to weapon master), and a significant melee dmg shield. What's not to like?
    A ranged snare that increases your fire damage (flamespear, searing strike, fiery burst).
    A large variety of attacks that ignore armor.
    A source of *self healing* (blade of elemental affinity).
    15 sec cd on a ranged silence, root, and 12 second snare with a spell interrupt component (all of which can hit up to 3 targets).
    Guaranteed dmg even if dodged or parried.

On a side note, it's also a great combo for pve. You can take on groups of 6+ mobs, elites, etc and walk away unscathed. Frankly, it's the closest I've come to how my char was before 1.1 (rift/paly) in regards to being able to take on groups of enemies, burn them down quickly, and move on with no downtime.
    Last edited by urborg74; 04-11-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Shadowlander

it would be nice if that 30% extra dmg when you used a burst worked for earth and storm burst but right now it is bugged and will only work if you use Firery Burst...

Lingering Wounds
    Kick
    AoE Fear
    Charge that stuns
    Energy Regen
    Ranged Damage
    ranged snares
    energy regen.
    Would you mind posting some macros that you use? I am about to jump into this spec and I'd like to have a better understanding of the rotations required.

Thank you!

I also forgot to put in Fleet of Foot. Great ability and IMO a must for PvP. It is the only way I know of to keep up with a Riftstalker in Whitefalls and being able to run into the other team early in BG and getting an AoE fear off helps your team to get the fang first (pretty much a guaranteed win). Also an amazing ability for capping Sourcestones and getting out of LoS from Pyro's.

I just got in-game to try 31/15 at level 35 and I'm loving it so far. I was pleasantly surprised to see SLI increases storm burst. From the wording I thought it would only increase attack point abilities. Haven't even gotten to Enhanced Burst or Avatar of the Rift ^_____^ The off-the-gcd damage moves and the extra 20m AP builder are wonderful. SLI gives me a taste of what's to come in the other areas and my AP build like mad.

I also forgot to put in Fleet of Foot. Great ability and IMO a must for PvP. It is the only way I know of to keep up with a Riftstalker in Whitefalls and being able to run into the other team early in BG and getting an AoE fear off helps your team to get the fang first (pretty much a guaranteed win). Also an amazing ability for capping Sourcestones and getting out of LoS from Pyro's.
    The AoE fear is indeed pure win in black garden, or any pick-up-the-objective scenario. Fleet of foot is solid, though not as important imo. It's mainly a gap closer, which with either warlord for sergeant's orders or incombat bull rush + riftwalk, you have plenty elsewhere.
    Last edited by Shinigam1; 04-11-2011 at 11:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread