+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paragon + what? PvP wise

Default Paragon + what? PvP wise

First time Paragon here, level 30, not sure where to begin on looking at other souls for my secondary tree. Any suggestions?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    First time Paragon here, level 30, not sure where to begin on looking at other souls for my secondary tree. Any suggestions?
    For PVP I wouldn't recommend paragon initially at all. You need to go to a medium depth (ie 10+ points) in other trees usually to get the standard melee counters for pvp (ie snares, cc breaks, roots, etc). Also paragon by itself doesn't really have much in the way of burst damage outside of hurricane crits - its strength is more sustained dps with SLI and Shifting Blades.

That said at 50 and starting to get some decent gear, paragon is starting to be fun with 44 para, 18 champ, 4 reaver (pre 50 I was 10 paladin and less champ) - basically gives me some extra mitigation when I'm low on health for raid heals to start coming in time hopefully, I get a snare , root, fear and cc break from champ and then just the standard other dps tools.

If you really wanted though - probably pairing it with Riftblade for Bursts would be the best choice. Use the paragon talent for 50% ap generation and work towards storm burst in the riftblade tree.
    Last edited by Caeldan; 04-06-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Caeldan View Post
    For PVP I wouldn't recommend paragon initially at all. You need to go to a medium depth (ie 10+ points) in other trees usually to get the standard melee counters for pvp (ie snares, cc breaks, roots, etc). Also paragon by itself doesn't really have much in the way of burst damage outside of hurricane crits - its strength is more sustained dps with SLI and Shifting Blades.

That said at 50 and starting to get some decent gear, paragon is starting to be fun with 44 para, 18 champ, 4 reaver (pre 50 I was 10 paladin and less champ) - basically gives me some extra mitigation when I'm low on health for raid heals to start coming in time hopefully, I get a snare , root, fear and cc break from champ and then just the standard other dps tools.

If you really wanted though - probably pairing it with Riftblade for Bursts would be the best choice. Use the paragon talent for 50% ap generation and work towards storm burst in the riftblade tree.
    This is pretty much what I did.

I leveled completely as Paragon, and did the lower brackets as it too, and ran into no problems at all. But as soon as I hit 50 I felt I was really lacking. Despite Bend Like the Reed, and all the snares and CC you get if you pair with Champ, you still feel a bit squishy. I did anyway, but I'm not that great either. <.<

Most people like to go heavy Champ for the burst damage needed to kill those pesky well-geared players.

The Riftblade/para is a fun build too. I really enjoyed it, and found it very useful in Black Garden especially, and when players are low on HP try to run away and you range them down as they run.

Try either and see what you like. I'm waiting till I get some better PvP gear before I try heavy Paragon again.

+ Reply to Thread