+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior PvP builds thread (Post 1.1)

Plane Touched

Default Warrior PvP builds thread (Post 1.1)

Alright, I've seen lots of threads about damage parsing, and pve threads, but since the big 1.1 patch hit and we got nerfed, I havn't seen any real threads that had a collaboration of good pvp builds that still worked.

After the patch I was kind of lost, while my champ/paragon was still good, it didn't do what I wanted it to do now. So I spent about literally 15-20 plat in respeccs, trying out tons of different builds. I'll post the 3 builds I use in PvP, and say exactly why I've decieded on them.

I'd love for this thread to be a place where warriors can post different builds that they have had success in PvP with. I know some warriors are still lost, or struggling to find a good build, or maybe some just don't have the time/plat to do a bunch of respecs and try out a bunch of different builds. So lets post some Builds for PvP, and explain the playstyle a little.

32 Riftblade / 20 Champion / 14 Paragon

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...EMozzsMGxz.y0p

It started off as a quest to find a really good Riftblade spec. The best ones I tried were 38 RB/28 Pally, and 51 RB/15 Paragon. I had setteled on 51 RB because it gave me avatar of the rift. But my melee attacks were weak as hell. Earlier I had thought of maybe being able to combine champ so I could get a damage boost off two handed spec, and the weapon master in paragon, because it's absolutely essential, it really helps you spam through SLI and your bursts. I had tried a build with 38 RB because I thought Rift Strike was too good to lose. It was good, but I either lost too much damage and the healing buff and in combat charge from champ, or I lost the extra attack points off Paragon. So, I tried the build I have linked above and it was by far the better. My bursts do a little less damage, but my melee attacks do a good bit more, I have my charge, healing debuff, extra attack point proc, and CC breaker.

This build does pretty good burst, it'll never match the burst of Titans strike though, but it's not meant too. This build does one thing amazingly, pressure. With the root, 2 snares, silence, rift surge this build pressures the **** out of anyone. I have SLI up 100% of the time thanks to Weapon Master from Paragon, and it lets me spam my aoe bursts. This build does use a 2her.

38 Champ / 21 Paragon / 7 RiftBlade

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...xNczqR0Gudz.xM

Ah the champ/para build. It isn't too much different from how it was pre patch. Pre patch I had 5 points into our pvp soul for the extra damage, I thought it would be better to go up rift blade instead, a small AP reduction, and the extra range attack you get to help build up combo points. Not as good as it was, but still the king of burst for warriors. Now that weapon master gives a 50% of an extra attack point, you can take advantage of it with path of the wind and flame spear. Get up 3 points, SLI, get up 3, shifting, then bull rush, disruptive strike, and titans strike, frenzied, bash for game. Not much to say for this build.

30 Paladin / 21 Warlord / 15 Vindicator

The PvP tank build. Almost like playing a tank in Warhammer. Your taunts reduce enemy damage against other players, you can guard, you can pull, you have a single and aoe root. Not to mention a really great CC breaker in pally, and all the armor and avoidance that goes along with it. Your a meat shield. You get in their faces, take the damage so that the DPS can do their job and kill. As part of a premade you can pull people in for focus firing and use pin target to root them, you can use trauma to heal debuff them. You can also pull a rogue off of a cleric and root them, or disarm. You can play this build offensivly, by being an annoying mofo in their backlines, or by pulling clerics or mages in, rooting them, and heal debuff them. Or you can play defensivly, pull attackers off mages and clerics, or guard someone.

If you have any questions on rotation or macros feel free to ask. I hope others post builds that have been successful for them in pvp.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 04-05-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Telaran

Can you give us your macros for the first build, the RB one? I really want a good RB Build but my macros are making me suck.

I've found this to work really well for group scenarios where healers aren't always focused on you

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...zqRMGudz.xV0oz

All the battle field control of warlord and champ with the extra defensive and damage buffs of the vindicator. You can be an absolute nightmare to an individual. Seargent's order, Pin Target (when they break it) Leg Sweep, try to run again? Bull Rush and then Stand Off (provided it works XD). You can keep an enemy in place for a long time, but more importantly what I found is, the damage here is not bad. It's pretty good actually. Theres enough crit in there with Advantage from vindicator to make you burst enough to be a serious threat while having some really good defensive options.

Plane Touched

I had thought of trying A cominbation of champ/WL, but I just love being able to generate so many attack points and spam SLI and Shifting blades in my Champ build. But its a good middle ground between offense and defense. I will say though, points in Titans strength and Don't make me angry are wasted. They seem like no brainer talents, but in reality the 5 points in titans strength literally made an 8 damage increase on a Path of the wind crit on a dummy with the same gear and buffs, attack power makes the same difference pretty much as well. To me, it just wasn't worth it, I had heard that str doesn't effect damage that much for warriors, but I didn't belieave it until I payed the money for respecs and tried it.

Screwed up the links on my 2nd and 3rd builds, I'll get those fixed so people can see the exact builds.

As for the macros on the first build, I use two.

My spam macro is like this

#Show Flamespear
    cast Rising Waterfall
    cast Frenzied Strike
    Cast Turn the Blade
    Cast Inescapable Judgement
    Cast Frost Strike
    Cast Searing Strike
    Cast Flamespear
    Cast Path of the Wind

and my finisher Macro that is MOSTLY off the GCD goes like this

#Show Strike Like Iron
    Cast Deathblow
    Cast Strike like Iron
    Cast Earth Burst
    Cast Storm Burst
    Cast Fiery Burst

People tend to crap on strength but I don't. For this build in particular keep in mind that strength is buffing your damage, your parry, and your BLOCK, which is also effecting your crit rating and the crit rating of your warfront buddies.

In my PvP Tin Cannon build I still get the strength and dont make me angry, because I am all about all of my attacks hitting as hard as possible, not just the finishers. Inescapable Fury might come up once/twice a fight but all of your attack abilities will be hitting every 1.5 seconds or so. Since our burst got toned down I'm finding consistent hard hitting strikes with an occasional surprise burst to be working quite well.
    Last edited by Magnos; 04-05-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Plane Touched

I can accept the fact you taking that for extra parry and block, but it doesn't give you any extra damage. The two points in don't make me angry would be better spent elsewhere. Get a buddy to help you test. Have him proper timing crit you with something weak. And when you get your attack power bonus, use proper timing and one of your basic attack skills. Respec, use proper timing with the same attack skill on the same guy, see how little difference it makes.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything. I've done the testing myself, and its really a worthless talent. But titans strength is different since you gain more from it with the extra block rating, and gaining crit off blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    I can accept the fact you taking that for extra parry and block, but it doesn't give you any extra damage. The two points in don't make me angry would be better spent elsewhere. Get a buddy to help you test. Have him proper timing crit you with something weak. And when you get your attack power bonus, use proper timing and one of your basic attack skills. Respec, use proper timing with the same attack skill on the same guy, see how little difference it makes.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything. I've done the testing myself, and its really a worthless talent. But titans strength is different since you gain more from it with the extra block rating, and gaining crit off blocking.
    I'm confused here, your saying the strength increase and Don't Make Me Angry won't give me any extra damage? They both do, I'm not taking the skills for the big crits, I'm taking them for the slight damage increase across the board. Most of the skills in the champion tree are just about hitting harder, then harder, then harder. I don't really care if it only adds 30 damage, because that's damage I wouldn't have had without it, and its damage being added to everything I do.

Plane Touched

You havn't tested the damage Don't Make me angry actually gives you. I suggest you actually test it before continuing to say that it isn't worthless. 2 points isn't worth an extra 10 damage on a crit. You can call that a damage boost if you want, but its not, because its gonna be even less on non crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    You havn't tested the damage Don't Make me angry actually gives you. I suggest you actually test it before continuing to say that it isn't worthless. 2 points isn't worth an extra 10 damage on a crit. You can call that a damage boost if you want, but its not, because its gonna be even less on non crits.
    So rocking a 38 DPS two hander with a 30% buff to ap your saying I'm only getting 10 damage on a crit? Is this white damage? Titan Strike? Deathblow? When I get the WF buff 100% ap increase I see many of my attacks hitting for way more than they normally do, so if that's all a 30% buff is netting me, it sounds like the skill isn't actually working correctly.
    Last edited by Magnos; 04-05-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Plane Touched

The buff you get from artifact isn't specificly attack power, it might say that in the tooltip, I'm not really sure, but its wrong. Currently str and attack power are broken, or not working properly. I'm not sure if its ****ty design or a bug. Because while spell power makes a big difference in damage for mages, attack power doesn't do **** for us. The only thing thats shown that really increases your damage as a warrior is dex and crit. Thats why some warriors are forced to wear leather peices just to get extra dex and crit, vs the attack power which does nothing.

Literally, Titans strength made my path of the wind crit for 6-8 more damage. Crits are always the same damage if your using the same skill on the same target, so that is the best way to determine how much extra MAX damage something adds. Use that method to test the two talents for yourself. Any reasonable human being, playing a warrior, those two talents are no brainers, more attack and str, but in reality they just don't really add enough to justify the points spent.

For you build you can argue Titans Strength is worth it, thats something you'll have to deciede for yourself. I'm just trying to help by saying the two points in Don't Make me angry arn't worth it.

Plane Touched

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0uksV0d.xx0c0M

My pally PvP tank build I meant to link in my first post, since it wont let me edit my first post for some damn reason.

Rift Disciple

Sorry to necro, but i found your post on google, and i wanted to thank you for such an AWESOME build! The first champ/RB spec is sick! I had been playing around with specs for weeks and this is deff the best! Thanks again!!

Soulwalker

Kakiro, could you give the macros you use for the PVP Tank?

32 Riftblade / 20 Champion / 14 Paragon
    While I ran this build for weeks already, be advised that 2 hand specc from champ does not affect RiftBlade attacks, since they are 100% elemental dmg, so not counted as physical.

This specc actually outperforms champ/bm champ/para in burst dmg and control.

That said, it wont change the fact that you will drop like a fly and that melee is a liability right now in rift pvp.

51 rb, 13 vk, 2 para
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

+ Reply to Thread