+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2her Riftblade/Champion - PvP

Default 2her Riftblade/Champion - PvP

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...tdz.E0sdoRMMkz

For high mobility, magical damage primarily, CC & CC breakers, 50% healing reduction & all sorts of things happening when you crit (planar blade, grim satisfaction, etc).

What does you think?

Champion of Telara

dead in 3 shots.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Telaran

I don't see my PvP spec atm. If you spec like OP, for killing stuff, you are cooked. If you spec offensive + defensive soul, you won't kill anything. So eitherway you are screwed. Wish Way of The Mountain was immunity to CC, 30% dmg taken reduction.
    There are also several wrong things in that build - Don't Make Me Angry is useless, not taking 2h spec, improved bearings, improving CD on Riftwalk when you will use Planar Blade, Frozen Armor is way too expensive...
    Last edited by Destabilizator; 04-04-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

Drop thunderous kick, it's useless and take titan strike and you will have a stronger dps finisher, plus another stun.
    Your mom likes me better...

"Mess with the Best and die like the Rest"

Quote Originally Posted by Destabilizator View Post
    I don't see my PvP spec atm. If you spec like OP, for killing stuff, you are cooked. If you spec offensive + defensive soul, you won't kill anything. So eitherway you are screwed. Wish Way of The Mountain was immunity to CC, 30% dmg taken reduction.
    There are also several wrong things in that build - Don't Make Me Angry is useless, not taking 2h spec, improved bearings, improving CD on Riftwalk when you will use Planar Blade, Frozen Armor is way too expensive...
    Could elaborate why don't make me angry is useless? 2h spec is physical which this build is for magic damage. Imp bearings I guess, didn't seem great enough to me. frozen armor is 30 same as other warrior snares except it has 20m range afaik.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigam1 View Post
    Could elaborate why don't make me angry is useless? 2h spec is physical which this build is for magic damage. Imp bearings I guess, didn't seem great enough to me. frozen armor is 30 same as other warrior snares except it has 20m range afaik.
    I guess you came from WoW and tought "omg, Enrage, must have", well for warrior, STR/ATKPW does BIG NOTHING, apart from raising block rating... dps increase is beyond total pathetic. Frozen armor is on CD and doesn't give point, so what that it's ranged? You don't have anything to chuck on range, apart from Flamespear every 4s. Leg Sweep is root ability.
    Titan's Strike hits for less than Bladefury, stupidly long CD (it was ok when it packed punch, now it's not worth the point) and the stun is useless, you will mostl approach your target with bullrush, therefore already starting dimishing returns... Riftstorm is also pathetic skill, 400ish dmg over 10s? Oh my, mighty 40 dps!
    Last edited by Destabilizator; 04-05-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Rift Disciple

I would keep thunderous kick, it has utilty in conjunction with bull rush. However its not all that great. Its fun to kick for some damage/then bull rush stun against targets already engaged.

also, its useful to move opposing players into your team, similiar to the warlord pull, although the pull is better.

Bloodthirst is better spike damage then anything else in the Champ tree atm, over a 30 second period, since you can trigger it 3 times. Its a situational ability but if used properly, works wonders. i have had it hit almost as hard as titans strike now.

However, the major issue with your build, is there is minimal synergy between riftblade and champion imo, outside of the blade abilities. rift is all elemental damage, champ is all physical damage, and the major attacks for the most part do not gain all that much. 38 points into rift for 5% crit, +damage from touch, and blade abilities is quite a bit, for what you miss out on with a warlord/paragon or bm soul secondary to champ.

Yeah, in codex I love riftwalking up behind someone standing on the edge of their boulder and kicking him into our mob of guys, or kicking someone off the fang carrier, or kicking their fang carrier away from their mob of guys. It has it's uses, and I theoretically like it for kicking a melee off me as well (haven't done it much).

Thunderous Kick + Bull Rush is and has always been a dumb idea. Bull Rush has a 3yd min range, so all you need to do is take one step back and bull rush and it accomplishes the same thing. Most of the specs that Champions have trouble with want to be out of melee range of the champion. Thunderous Kick just helps them.

Thunderous Kick is nice for knocking people off cliffs (lots in Codex) but is otherwise pretty useless.

For the OP, I don't really see what you're after in Champion. There's nothing too spectacular that you're gaining in champion that you don't have from Riftblade or that you can't get from another tree along with better bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    Thunderous Kick + Bull Rush is and has always been a dumb idea. Bull Rush has a 3yd min range, so all you need to do is take one step back and bull rush and it accomplishes the same thing. Most of the specs that Champions have trouble with want to be out of melee range of the champion. Thunderous Kick just helps them.

Thunderous Kick is nice for knocking people off cliffs (lots in Codex) but is otherwise pretty useless.

For the OP, I don't really see what you're after in Champion. There's nothing too spectacular that you're gaining in champion that you don't have from Riftblade or that you can't get from another tree along with better bonuses.
    Ever dispell a pyro and thunderous kick plus bullrush for 3second stun then titanstrike stun? For 1 pnt, it's situational uses now adays are on the rise.

And to the op, your'de be better off going more defense and hanging back, no matter how you spec now adays you will not have enough burst to be competitive enough to drop some one by the time their team lays a hurting on you.

With that being said, riftblade plus tanking soul plus paragon for some weapon master is a good setup. I've tried many variations over the last week, literally 50 plus plat respeccing since nerf and trying to find a build I can have some fun with in pvp (still haven;t found one btw)

Anyways, I'd recommend trying something like...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...GoxzcMMtzz.gct

Alot of ranged abilities, good mobility via shield charge, rift walk and fleet of foot and decent enough mitigation that you can bounce in and out of the thick "****" unscathed if your careful.

Since we no longer have the burst we have to rely on some defense and luck to stay alive unless you have a friendly pocket healer, but then you should be going champ/para/vind anyways.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by 0oRageo0 View Post

Anyways, I'd recommend trying something like...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...GoxzcMMtzz.gct

Nice to see specs and hopefully when you find one that you like you'll show it too. I think though, that the OP was looking for a 2H spec (per title of thread), and was also the reason for me visiting this thread. Has your experimention found anything 2Her noteworthy?

+ Reply to Thread