+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: So can we have an answer RE: Paladin Balance of Power?

Soulwalker

Default I had it

Well am off to search for another game saw mortal online has at last made upgrades and new things to kill. the PVP in here sux. no reasonm to go out as a guild in open wolrd and pvp at all. No rewards no city to take over set a tax rate and get a % of everything sold there. no guild houses no house for the players there nothing but WF in a small sand box and PVE out side. did think game was great at 1st buit am tired. they ****up the tank class and the clerics still heal and mana regen and kill 20 30 mobs at a time and Mage same thinng. you got 120.00 dollars out of me no more. game and 6 month pay plan. 1sr game i ever did the long term pay plan. thats how sure i was. about this game. now all gone to hell. I been playing MMO sence 1990 the Realm and all games out there kid you not. SWG will be best befor the they change the Fighting and made every 1 be a damn jedi. EQ 1 was good too. and old WWII AoC well think ill go back to that again. Cya trion

Telaran

Balance of Power had a 1.5s internal cooldown added to it to bring it and Tip the Balance into line with other similar effects. We’re still looking at how this is working out and are considering lowering the cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Balance of Power had a 1.5s internal cooldown added to it to bring it and Tip the Balance into line with other similar effects. We’re still looking at how this is working out and are considering lowering the cooldown.
    What "simular effects" are you comparing it to? Any cool down, makes it worthless with the current damage nerf. If this was "to bring it in line with other worthless talents that no one takes" then job well done, otherwise some justification would be nice.
    Last edited by Kujako; 04-06-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

How about looking at "how this is working out" before you add the damn nerf! Sadely, this game is gonna fail just like every other mmo to come out the past few years because of idiots like Sweet.
    Last edited by Wyborn; 04-06-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Champion of Telara

good news.
    also i find it would be more logical for that talent to reflect dmg back based on strenght, not weapon dmg, since its based on blocking with shield, with different % ofcource.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Shadowlander

The nerf being applied doesn't bother me, it just means I have 5 points to distribute elsewhere in the tree since the talent is now a waste.

However, I am still canceling my account. Not because of the nerf but because of the way it was introduced. This is 2011 not 2001, I can not and will not tolerate a stealth nerf in anyway, shape or form.
    If the developers thinks that such an adjustment is needed, fine. it's their game and their decision. But they can not and should never ever try to slip it past their playerbase. This is 2011 guys, your players are smarter then you think and will catch every single falsehood and error you make.

So thanks for the 2 months of entertainment you have provided. I will now exercise my ultimate power as a consumer and give Blizzard my 15$ a month. It would be nice to get back on my 85 Paladin.

Shadowlander

I might be biased, but weren't Clerics and Rogues already ahead of Warriors in terms of survivability in physical damage heavy fights before the nerf to the two main tank souls?

Champion of Telara

or another idea for that skill - make it active skill with some cooldown so when its activated - it gather pact - 1 pact per block with maximum of 4/7/10 pacts. and there could be release pacts button where you unleash those pacts and they heal you for damage done if you spec that healing talent. may it be aoe or single target. just an idea.

and one more thing
    to bring it and Tip the Balance into line with other similar effects
    take a look at avatar of the rift, dark armor and other effects like that, they may be need some cooldown aswell, as of now, avatar of the rift reflect back every tick of bleed/dot that have been put on them.
    Last edited by pechkin; 04-06-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

And could you please define in line with "other abilities"? What are the other abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    or another idea for that skill - make it active skill with some cooldown so when its activated - it gather pact - 1 pact per block with maximum of 4/7/10 pacts. and there could be release pacts button where you unleash those pacts and they heal you for damage done if you spec that healing talent. may it be aoe or single target. just an idea.

and one more thing
    take a look at avatar of the rift, dark armor and other effects like that, they may be need some cooldown aswell, as of now, avatar of the rift reflect back every tick of bleed/dot that have been put on them.
    Guys, come on now. That would be logical.

Logic doesn't work around here apparently.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    So, you have essentially destroyed the Paladin tree and there's no real reason to go past 28 pts into the tree. With the lowered damage and teh 1.5 second cooldown, it's just pathetic.

Good job. ****ing fail.

You really don't want anyone to actually WANT to tank in this game, do you? What would I expect from Gersh? Mages hitting a defensive tank with 23% mitigation from all damage for 5k, but hey, let's bring an ability that heals the paladin for 80 health "into line with other abilities".

How does this even make logical sense to Trion?
    This change destroyed paladin tree? Makes as much sense as saying that flamespear change destroying RBs.
    And even pre nerf this ability was pretty mediocre. (I'm sorry but defensive trees are about mitigation, not damage)
    Why are you crying about magic mitigation if paladin is physical mitigation soul (its built around block, duh). Go make yourself a VK centered build if you want to tank mages.
    I think this was nerfed due to 15 points vindicator ability, The Art of Defense. Get that and equip a 2hander. 160% weapon damage as a passive proc on block was bit too much (AFAIK it got contribution from attack power too)

Well I'm gone no one going to play a nerfed bat game Learn to buff not nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by RJTravis View Post
    Well I'm gone no one going to play a nerfed bat game Learn to buff not nerf.
    RIFT Subscription Cancellation Notification

Dear Travis Romano,

This email confirms that you have canceled your automatic subscription renewal for RIFT. Your service will remain active, and you may continue playing, until May 3, 2011.

To restart your service or check your account status at any time, please visit Account Management at this link:

You just lost money trion great job.

Quote Originally Posted by aneq View Post
    I think this was nerfed due to 15 points vindicator ability, The Art of Defense. Get that and equip a 2hander. 160% weapon damage as a passive proc on block was bit too much (AFAIK it got contribution from attack power too)
    Nice find!
    But then couldn't they just add "You must have a REAL shield equipped" in Power of Balance tooltip requirements and have the game engine check this.

Instead they just added an ICD.

Seems to me a ready made patch rather than a proper balance patch then. meh.
    Mage 50 (fresh/parked) / Warrior 50 (beginning T1/parked) / Rogue 50 (beginning T1/active) / Cleric 50 (fresh/parked)

Quote Originally Posted by aneq View Post
    This change destroyed paladin tree? Makes as much sense as saying that flamespear change destroying RBs.
    And even pre nerf this ability was pretty mediocre. (I'm sorry but defensive trees are about mitigation, not damage)
    Why are you crying about magic mitigation if paladin is physical mitigation soul (its built around block, duh). Go make yourself a VK centered build if you want to tank mages.
    If it was so mediocre, why nerf it so much? Paladin is physical mitigation, but I have an additional 9% from Reaver, 9% from Paladin and a final 5% from Reaver again. That's 23% mitigation from magic and still getting hit for 5,000+. But yeah, it makes sense to nerf thia block heal that did 80-100 damage on a block. Right....

If they nerfed this because of vindicator, they're even more stupid than I thought.

Dark armor and other abilities likeit should be looke at next then.

It's a "similar" ability, right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast