+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with skill rotation please

Telaran

Default help with skill rotation please

i was playing a champ/para for awhile but i desided to change to a tank so i decided to go Pally/Reaver. i am currently lvl 20 and like 16 points in Reaver and 8 points in pally or very close to that. I was hoping someone could help me out with spell rotation for PvE. Im not use to the class and all the skills. Thanks everyone =)

Telaran

bump!!!!!!!

Start off with plaguebringer, then use all your dots as fast as you can. Then just tab cycle through the mobs and spam ravening strike to build hate. If you need to, start out with concussion for a 3 second snap so you can try to get everything under control. Spamming one of your dots, necrotic wounds, isn't a bad idea either since it generates additional hate... just make sure you have plaguebringer on at all times.

To be totally honest though, there isn't a real rotation to tanking. Tanking by its nature is a situational sort of thing, so you should be ready to react to how the pull is going, instead of relying on a pre-determined rotation. You can have a rotation you use at the start of the pull, but after that you should base your 'rotation' on how the pull is going.

One last thing: tanking will be really hard as first, so don't get frustrated. You won't have all the tools you need to hold AE threat well until you are in your 30s, so just stick with it and do the best you can.
    Last edited by Stall; 03-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Telaran

thank you for the quick reply. I have played a tank in mostly all my other MMO's i have played its just i dont recall playing a game that had so many dang skills

Rift Disciple

Hmmm interestng. I'm only lvl 17 atm, my 'main' role is Pala/VK/Reaver and I could really take a lot of punishment but took ages to kill anything. I recently bought a new role and put equal points into RB/Reaver. I've only played it a few hours but was topping damage charts in BF. I'm still trying to nail down a rotation in PvE however, I spam Flamespear and my DoTs but I'm not sure what the best Melee ability to use is, any suggestions? Same with PvP after dotting my target up I'm unsure what melee strike works best when up close and personal.

+ Reply to Thread