+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I was wondering on how everyone who is Riftblade feels about the no DoT on flamespear

Default I was wondering on how everyone who is Riftblade feels about the no DoT on flamespear

I am kind of sad that flame spear no longer has it's DoT on it. I read a bit on other forums on how it was meant to be "spammed" and that the DoT was worthless because it was instant and had GCD. Personally I find the people that say that a bit naive to how to spell is used. If anyone needs a reference think of Flame shock in Wow with GCD instead of like 6-8sec CD. The ability would be the same as Flame Spear in all ways. In that case the spell would only be used for one thing and that it to causes the DoT effect to multiple enemies and to refresh the DoT fast. So putting it like that it is not meant to be spammed on one guy but more then one.

Since the nerf Riftblades rotation with others souls that involved Flame Spear as gone downhill pretty bad. Sure increased damage and now it can be spammed but no DoT to had damage to so there major problem with in that. If you spam the power you lose energy fast unlike when there was a DoT on it. Who ever plays warrior knows that if you go to 0 on energy you get boned hard and you lose Dps or Aggro if you a tank in that case.

In any case I would like to see it changed back to normal since there was nothing wrong with it. The only thing that was wrong was the people asking it to be nerfed for no reason. The ability was fine before the update if anything that should be changed it should bump up the energy cost to 30 (making it less likely to be "spammed" since it downs your resources fast.) decrease the core damage a bit so when it hits it hurts but so the DoT becomes more important. And set the DoT's damage back to how it was in Beta since it was fine.

The ability worked so well if you know how to use it properly and that it really was a + in DPS and for helping out in RIFTs and dungeons and PvP.

So besides what I said I would like to hear what the other players think about it and possibly on how they think it should be used or how they used it now or before the update to the game release.

Planar Blade + MOAR FLAME SPEARS

they need to halve the base damage, and put the DoT back in
    Last edited by Talamare; 03-05-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post

Brilliant.

I do hope that Trion sees this and I hope the thread get bigger so they do something about it heh.

Ace

If rift blade primary builds are meant to use flamespear as their primary attack then I am fine with no DOT but feel they might should have a method of increasing spear base damage post twenty for PVP and end game content runs in the points tree.

True but Flame Spear is not meant to be a primary attack with the Riftblade in fact I still do not use it that much since it does not fit into my rotation unless I want to use Fiery Burst. But when Flame Spear was first used it was not a primary attack it was there to be used as a DoT or to kite something to you till it was close enough to melee down. After they get close then Flame Spear is just a DoT in a rotation which it was much more help full as that then it is now. As for PvP the more damage does help a lot but if you PvP you do not use Flame Spear you use Earth or Air.

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare View Post

I suggested this before the nerf and after. I would even go so far as to make it more like nightblade.

Pure fire DoT that can stack up to 3 times.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Champion of Telara

its perfect for me - not OP and not weak. exactly what 4 point ability should be.

Ascendant

I am happy with the current version. It seems fine. Since we don't have any 'huge' burst ability, we have some nice ones but not huge, the higher sustained dps of this attack seems a nice trade off.

My only beef is I would like to be able to equip a quiver of Javalins as a Ranged weapon and actually throw a flaming spear! Like Valkyrie in Heroes of Newerth.

Where can we see all the ability changes per patch?

Did they fix the servers yet?

Telaran

I think it's fine now...Fiery Burst is there for a DoT. Of course, I did prefer it with it's own dot, but it's still fine now.

I use rift surge, searing strike and reaver dots...I rarely touch flamespear.

the OPs suggestion is perfectly fine for pve, but not at all usefull for pvp, where the spammability of flamespear in its current form is most usefull. the high burst of a spammable flamespear is ideal for pushing a target over the edge once they've been fully fully dotted up and rift surged.
    judging from the OPs comment, his opinion of flamespear is as a opener and a builder, while in pvp its more usefull as capping off the rotation.

The current version needs to have its projectile flight time removed/animation time decreased. I can't even see the damn thing but it takes like .5 a second to land.

I don't think we will get to spam flame spear for much longer after seeing the GCD on both stone and wind spear.

In fact I predict that we will go to a rotation that will be like this Flame spear up for DoT damage -> Flamestrike -> Flamestrike -> Firery Burst -> repeat.

This is for single target of course.

This will also make other trees like Paladin/Champion/Paragon/Void Knight be more desirable than the near mandatory Reaver
    Last edited by Tsavo213; 03-06-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Flame spear is not a good damage attack. I use it only when I am not in range for a close combat attack.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast