+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2h champion viable? or is it broken

RMJ
    Soulwalker

Default 2h champion viable? or is it broken

Is there any viable pve dps viable 2handed champion builds.

It looks like Champion just purely sucks like its has been overlooked, it has no syngeries what so ever with any other tree.

We can pair it with Riftblade but that sucks and have nothing much to do with 2handed dps, Beaster master doesnt work either, if you want 51 point in Champion we are stuck with a worthless level 36 pet? seriously.

So im guessing 2h champion is just dead broken and doesnt work in any form or shape?. Unless we take another tree that has no syneries what so ever, and then gimp ourself?.

Reaver seems to have a selfheal which is nice, but thats about the only thing.

. . .

/10char

You put 51 points in a single soul. Ofcourse it's broken.

While damage is important to get the killing done I view cc as more important. It is annoying not to have good synergies for damage but there are other things to pick up on instead.

However, other arch types has more synergies with damage so I too would like to see that here.

Warriors were nerfed thou because rangers think they should stand still against a close combat fighter in a dps war instead of using their longer range and kite...
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

Telaran

There's no better synergy for Champion than Riftwalk (Riftblade soul) or Way of The Mountain (Paragon soul) - at least PvP wise. For PvE lvling champion isn't that good (you will have downtime), riftblade/reaver has 0 downtime, can pull multiple mobs.
    As far as Champs dps in eg. instances goes, I have no idea though.

Champion has a lot of crit-based abilities, but the soul itself doesn't offer a lot of +crit. If you pair it with Paragon, you pick up some of that crit. Riftblade is also centered around crit, so it's an okay pairing. Maybe Reaver too because you can get the +damage buff and then use Slayer's Bearing.

I will agree that root abilities after 32pt champion seem a little lackluster.

Shadowlander

I think people overlook alot of what the champion has to offer. As far as dps is the champ tree itself has as many damage increasing abilities and any 2 other trees, to get through all the straight dps abilities in the tree you would have to spend at the least 34 points, and that's without perfect timing.

CC abilities are crazy in the tree but there are roots and even an aoe fear so says there is none is ridiculous. For solo/lvling play you can easily spend most of your points in champ and destroy anything in your way.

As for end game DPS viability champs pair very well with bst due to the str enhancements, and all around 6% bonus to damage, a better pet and a few other treats that have more synergy with champ then any other class. Which is by far better than adding paladin to paragon for a 10% boost to 1h weapon damage which people for some reason think is OP even though there are wasted points in that build.

Honestly I think people should try things out and compare before they come to the forums and think they know what they are talking about.

Shadowlander

I ran King's Breech at level 33 with a 35 (dinged to 36 during the run) Justicar tanking. I had to pace myself as a Champion or I'd end up tanking instead of him. I don't know if that's Champion being awesome or Justicar not up to par, but Champions definitely can pour on the dps.

Champion

I'm at work, so I am linking this build by memory. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...xGcdV0Mhddz.VM

I am a 39 warrior, this is what I use for solo questing. I try to make every fight 1v1, I take barely any damage due to the mob being stunned, my parrying and the big crits make their lives very short. Next points are going into hit chance.

Edit: I also love when rogues try and jump me when questing. They dodge which makes me crit them, which only makes me crit over and over again. I bet I have made a few people in the last couple of days say "wtf?" 3 seconds after they jumped me.
    Last edited by Herculeet; 03-05-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

I have been outparsing everyone in my groups in aoe fights as my champion, except when the sab stacks his charges on every single mob in the bunch and then he out dps 'es me. On single targets I have to fight for it but can still stay up there wiith the others.
    "Heaven won't take me and Hell's afraid I'll take over"

Akirrah Auslander, 80 Druid , Everquest, Erollisi Marr 1999-2008
    Kaneda, 80 Guardian, Age of Conan, Set(Dagoth), 2008 - 2010

Rift Chaser

Champion/beastmaster has very good single and multiple target dps and you still get to use all the cool champion abilities.

Shadowlander

I have been playing with a few different specs as a main champ and for lvling I made this buld not made for specific straight dps but for solo lvling but even going into instances I have put any other dps I have come across to shame even when they have 3 lvls on me. Solo I kill any mob 1 on 1 within 4 seconds, and can take on groups and chains of mobs that are 2 lvls higher than I am no prob. I tried this spec because I wanted to test out Cornered beast, which 44 points is alot for a single tree but it has actually been amazing solo and in groups, the 2 minute CD is the only reason I wouldn't use this ability end game. Possibly this spec will be an off spec used as this aoe build

I still have more testing but for single target end game raid dps this build or this build

Single target damage being the goal of those builds, the first emphasizes enhancing the damage with strike like Iron which so far has proven very valuable, and the second offers the same pet support but also some augments from Rift most in particular surging energy to provide better energy usage. The first build has a few points to spare which can be put in a number of places of ones choosing without effecting the build much.

I still have to test a few things on these but looking at all the trees those builds theoretically offer the highest dps yield available.

Soulwalker

The reason Champion is going to be so nuts in end-game is that it scales with gear better than the other souls.

Slap a high top-end 2h in a L50 Champ's hands and you'll have a veritable slaughter. Up until you've reached L50 with great gear, however, the damage will be dramatically lower than the souls whose damage scales more by gaining new skill ranks (Reaver or Riftblade).

Only real downside I see to end-game Champion is lack of survivability, but I think the ******ed amounts of damage will make up for it.

I'm curious if the lack of satisfaction with Champion-centric builds is based on the idea of running solo.

If you play solo, I can understand, but what about someone who never solos? The situation I'm looking at is a warrior who either duos with a Justicar-centric cleric, or runs in guild groups.

Shadowlander

Running a duo champ is great because of the burst damage you get, plus the aoe. You can just pull groups and aoe them down no prob and chain groups with a healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast