Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tanking Toughness Gear List - info needed

Default Tanking Toughness Gear List - info needed

I'm trying to compile a list for all the tanking gear out thier with toughness on, I've heard of enchants, tradeskill items and quest items, and a BP with 25 toughness on but cannot get the name of the enchant/items to make the list, ign doesn't list the enchant

Could anyone please help ?

Plane Touched

You should check the relic vendors in your capital city.

It's them who sell the lvl50 blue and purple set of each type.

There is plate, leather and chain gear with toughness (for warriors, riftstalkers and justicar obviously).

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Grimox View Post
    I'm trying to compile a list for all the tanking gear out thier with toughness on, I've heard of enchants, tradeskill items and quest items, and a BP with 25 toughness on but cannot get the name of the enchant/items to make the list, ign doesn't list the enchant

Could anyone please help ?
    You only need 50 (each point is 2% crit mitigation)

Do charmer's caldera, the "zone quest" (that is the "kill the bosses" quest) gives a chest piece for a reward, has 25 toughness.

That's enough to start doing IT expert (hell, zero is enough, we've run it several times with a justicar tank who has no toughness) -- the fights are more mechanics driven than huge "boss crits you for 7k if you don't have toughness!" -- you'll still wipe a few times before your group gets the mechanics down (Caer Ashram is particularly terrible (he has an aura that progressively builds up stacks on the tank, options are "burn him down, heal through it" or "Get a dps to try and off-tank while the tank runs around the corner and LoS's him until the debuff decays") -- but it's certainly doable, it's one of the easier expert modes.

In IT there is a crafted rune recipe that drops, +34 toughness on a chestpiece, it's dropped every single time i've gone, but i've probably just gotten lucky -- there is also a pair of plate boots that drop off of the bonelord, +34 toughness on them.

Either way, a few IT runs and you should have enough (or the means to get enough) toughness to do the rest.

IT is tyvm have most drops from the 2 easy instaces (got my uber trinket) and was hoping I could go straight into t1 and with this info I can

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Grimox View Post
    IT is tyvm have most drops from the 2 easy instaces (got my uber trinket) and was hoping I could go straight into t1 and with this info I can
    Yea, IT is by and far the easiest -- you'll wipe a few times because the bosses are really dependant on you knowing their mechanics (and cake if you do) -- but that's the learning experience

KB is just as easy as it is the first time around, btu the manticore fight is a BASTARD because you have to fight both at hte same tim.

RotF is insane. just like, ow. I had several groups ragequit there, only made it through once.

Lanterns hook isn't too bad, mechanics are simple -- just make sure you have someone with a spammable interrupt (Pyromancer fight is icky because people have a graphics bug and sometimes can't see the fire pillars)

FC is just easy until the final two fights, then requires good planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubin View Post
    You only need 50 (each point is 2% crit mitigation)
    You don't 'only need 50', 100% crit mitigation isn't enough for the T2s and beyond, you'll need more like 100 toughness for the T2s and approaching 150 for the raids.

Also:
    Blazing Indomitable Runeshard
    +34 Toughness on chest
    Last edited by RugzRift; 03-05-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    Rugz - 50 Tank Warrior - <Insert Coin> SteampikeEU

Quote Originally Posted by RugzRift View Post

Also:
    Blazing Indomitable Runeshard
    +34 Toughness on chest
    I bought this last night but the item needs to be 50, which means it doesn't work on the quested bp you get :/

Shadowlander

Found another piece with Toughness, this one is soloable. There's a really long story quest chain starting in Iron Peaks that takes you to a few different zones and ends in the quest 'Revenge of Yor.' Anyway one of the rewards are plate leggings with 25 Toughness.

Carmintium legs (player made) give +25 toughness.

Stormwall Chestplate +14 toughness.

Plane Touched

Adamantite cuissas has 25 toughness and 10block/parry. Its crafted and there is a chain BP with the same name which also has 25 toughness.

Does anyone know a resource with details about tanking requirements and instances and drops etc? I have PvPd and quested to 50, duoed mostly with a friend and run hardly any instances so I would love to be able to join grps as a tank but I want to know if I am ABLE to tank stuff with my current gear =). Also no idea where to start to get gear for the tougher stuff (well other than the info in this thread). I levelled fast with a short /played so I feel my gear is lacking somewhat.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    ==========
    Kink - 50 Warrior
    Gg - 3X Rogue
    Duke - Mage

Get the CC quest chestpiece, apply a +25 toughness rune, and get some more filler level 48 blues from CC/AP. You're now ready for T1's.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by NathanM View Post
    Get the CC quest chestpiece, apply a +25 toughness rune, and get some more filler level 48 blues from CC/AP. You're now ready for T1's.

Cheers =). I need to get me some PvE action going... sword is going to rust due to being covered in guardian blood.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    ==========
    Kink - 50 Warrior
    Gg - 3X Rogue
    Duke - Mage

So how is the list coming? I am working on getting my Toughness up to 100, and it is getting expensive since not a single piece of Toughness gear has dropped in T1.

I am having to buy Orichalium and Carmintium gear to get my toughness.

There are also Shoulders, Helmets, Legs, Chest, Boots, and Gloves from Planar vendors that give 13 toughness each. They just require 6 ancients sourcestones each, the ones you get from every major rift.

I have the CC chest piece, and it is level 48, so I cannot put the good toughness rune on it. I also got boots from somewhere that have 13 toughness, probably AP?

Rift Disciple

Both CC (T2) and DSM's (T2) last boss drop +toughness plate gear. We had them both drop last night, both went to runebreak. Sorry I dont remember more specifics.

<Just a rogue tank helping out my fellow tanks>
    Last edited by Rxauin; 03-15-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    So how is the list coming? I am working on getting my Toughness up to 100, and it is getting expensive since not a single piece of Toughness gear has dropped in T1.

I am having to buy Orichalium and Carmintium gear to get my toughness.

There are also Shoulders, Helmets, Legs, Chest, Boots, and Gloves from Planar vendors that give 13 toughness each. They just require 6 ancients sourcestones each, the ones you get from every major rift.

I have the CC chest piece, and it is level 48, so I cannot put the good toughness rune on it. I also got boots from somewhere that have 13 toughness, probably AP?
    Just continue running T1s.

Buy Plaque Shoulders, Chest, Boots. Enchant Chest. Use Orich Pants if you have nothing better. Bam, 100 Toughness.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast