+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVE Leveling Spec?

Shadowlander

Default PVE Leveling Spec?

Hi guys, new to warriors. Whats a good solo questing/leveling spec?

Rift Chaser

Riftblade/Reaver is BEST for AOE leveling/questing ^^

Shadowlander

Any chance I could get a little bit more than that, like what the spec looks like and how to use it?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cindari View Post
    Any chance I could get a little bit more than that, like what the spec looks like and how to use it?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-*Devs-Sticky*

and welcome to rift warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeos99 View Post
    how fun are warriors?

Shadowlander

alright, ima copy paste a poste i had made a while back, might help ya

Paladin - tanking, mainly focused on sword and board, alot of the soul is focused on blocking and shield attacks.

Reaver - tanking, mainly focused on DoTs (Damage over time). Also a tanking soul with very good air capabilities and a decent amount of self-heals.

Void Knight - tanking, mainly an anti-caster soul. Had another resource called pacts, which are gained when hitting casters (mages and Clerics), draining their mana or if specced into, when you receive heals. That aside, the Void knight excels at taking down casters and burning their nana (making them useless) but they are weak against physical callings (warriors and rogues).

Warlord - tanking/support, the warlord's main purpose and power is buffing allies and debuffing enemies. It is a tanking soul as well so many of the choices in it's tree have avoidance and mitigation.

Riftblade - damager(dps), the riftblade mainly uses elemental attacks, such as flame spear and fiery burst, and has very good ways to reach it's target(closing the gap) such as riftwalk(teleport to target, or frozen armor(a snare). It has very good ranged damage, especially compared to the other warrior souls, making it a good choice against targets that refuse to stand still in front of you.

Champion - damager, the champion excels at 2 handed weapon combat, and has very good burst potential. It hits hard, but not very fast, it's main strength are it's finisher abilities, and it's a very good soul for melee dps (damage per second). It's used very often for PvP.

Paragon - damager, the paragon duel Wields two weapons (no **** lol) and has constant high damage but not too much burst. It's damage potential is higher than that of the champion for pve, but it lacks the burst that makes the champion amazing at PvP. A very solid solo soul

Beastmaster - damager, the beastmaster has a pet with him at all times, and alot of his abilities strengthen both himself and his pet. The pet could be used for both damage or for a tank if needed while soloing. The beastmaster has alot of bleed damage, meaning alot of his damage takes time to take effect, making it a more steady damaging, and not so bursty soul

Vindicator - PvP soul, I am not well informed about it but I've heard you can only put a certain amount of points in this soul, it's main purpose is obviously for PvP, and this soul is unlocked by doing PvP (I believe, don't quote me)

so basically, thats a rundown of what each soul does. honestly, for pve leveling, go with whichever one youd like, because they are almost all the same speed, somewhat. tanking souls are slower but take less damage and can take on multiple mobs at once. dps souls can burn down a single mob or two way faster but get hit harder, so a bit more downtime. Now, if you dont care about the playstyle and just wanna rush to 50, other than rolling a rogue, i would suggest going with riftblade basically, level 1-30, riftblade is by far the bet leveling spec. it kills fast, and from range, and has ridiculous aoe as well. its been said often times than riftblade/reaver is incredibly fast with nearly no downtime. However, it has the feel of a mage-warrior, which wont suit the style of a warrior much, in my opinion that is.

anyways, to keep this as un-bias as i can, you should go with whichever soul youd like, as they will all level at roughly the same speed. the more fun you have, the more youll play, the faster youll level

as for, are warriors fun? its perspective of course. the animations might be a bit lacking, and it doesnt offer the feel of *i just crushed your face*, but thats mostly due to a lack of sound effects, in my opinion however, warriors are incredibly fun, and are VERY versatile. they offer so many different types of playstyle, for the same roles. to elaborate a bit, a cleric who wants to heal, has the option between 3 healing souls, so if he wants to be pure healing, hell have to pick all 3. if he wants to go dps, he has to pick usually between melee or range, and in either case, they dont have TOO much choice (obviously they can mix and match, but it wont be specialized). Now a warrior, has 4 tank souls, so youll have endless possibilities, and no two tanks will ever have the same soul combination for a tank, yet they will all be almost just as competant. same goes for dps, they have 4 dps souls, which mesh together very well, and some of the dps souls combine perfectly with the tank souls, such as the suggested riftblade/reaver combo proposed earlier, or the riftblade/voidnight, or paragon/paladin. Anyways, enough of me

i hope this wall of text was somewhat helpful,
    enjoy

Soulwalker

The spec I'm using is the Riftblade/Reaver setup in the above link. I don't know about anyone else, but with that spec I use sword and board and I have little down time. Playing the spec feels like a DK and Shaman from WoW mixed together. Overall its makes leveling quicker. Also you can be a good offtank since with the setup you do receive healing from the DoT damage. PvP is fun, especially if you team up with a friend with the same build. A guildie and me tear stuff up constantly.

+ Reply to Thread