Closed Thread

Thread: Warrior leveling build

Shadowlander

Default Warrior leveling build

Hey all,

I'm currently looking around for a warrior leveling build. I was thinking something along the lines of Champ, Reaver, and Rift. Would these three be viable end game as well? Any suggestions and rotations would help. I'm having a hard time picking a direction to go in. I hate using pets otherwise I'd go with BM.
    Last edited by Mickael26; 03-03-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Shadowlander

/bump for info! i feel so confused with this game!

Generally, the best leveling build is a Riftblade build with a secondary tank soul. Riftblade damage isn't gear based, it's skill point and level based, so you can quickly quest etc without having to worry about gear being an issue. Also, putting points into tank souls gives you extra hp and a lot of self healing compared to a regular leveling spec.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-*Devs-Sticky*

Minus a little ego, the thread begins well and has useful info on spec and rotation. Early on you won't really be able to aoe, but once you're in the 20's you can pull a few mobs at once to speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by ethix View Post
    Generally, the best leveling build is a Riftblade build with a secondary tank soul. Riftblade damage isn't gear based, it's skill point and level based, so you can quickly quest etc without having to worry about gear being an issue. Also, putting points into tank souls gives you extra hp and a lot of self healing compared to a regular leveling spec.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-*Devs-Sticky*

Minus a little ego, the thread begins well and has useful info on spec and rotation. Early on you won't really be able to aoe, but once you're in the 20's you can pull a few mobs at once to speed things up.
    comment on my lvl 50 support class warrior CMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by blaz3d View Post
    comment on my lvl 50 support class warrior CMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    oh hai, this is mattlol on stonecrest ;)

I too must recommend the build here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-*Devs-Sticky*

It works quite well. You get all the DPS of riftblade, but all the self-heals (and grisly works) gives you the efficiency of reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by ethix View Post
    oh hai, this is mattlol on stonecrest ;)
    Hai this is blazed on stonecrest :O look at my warrior support thread it can do dps but its more about the group support buffs it has that dont conflict with anyone elses

Shadowlander

Thanks for the posts guy. The spec above does look pretty solid. I hope I made the right choice over a rogue for my dps needs. We shall see. Anyone have any champion leveling builds?
    Last edited by Mickael26; 03-03-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Shadowlander

/friday morning bump!
    Last edited by Mickael26; 03-04-2011 at 08:49 AM.

I started out in beta with VK/RB/Reaver, switched up to VK/Pally/RB to tank with. Started Head Start with the tank build and just wasn't happy with my DPS. Made a 2nd role of Reaver/WL/BM and I really liked it, then I read that Champ/Para/RB was the "best" DPS build. I hated it, good DPS, but poor survivibility, or maybe I just suck . I really missed the Reaver so I went Reaver/RB/Para and I LOVE it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cLAu.L.xzqLdukM.i0z

I'm using a 2 hander and was concerned that Para is primarily a DW soul, but having attacks that aren't on the GCD is really nice. For me this is the best leveling build I've found so far, not bad at all for PvP too. It has good ST skills and really good AoE skills. Just try things out, thats one of the reasons I really love this game, there is no "cookie cutter" build.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Narcosis View Post
    I started out in beta with VK/RB/Reaver, switched up to VK/Pally/RB to tank with. Started Head Start with the tank build and just wasn't happy with my DPS. Made a 2nd role of Reaver/WL/BM and I really liked it, then I read that Champ/Para/RB was the "best" DPS build. I hated it, good DPS, but poor survivibility, or maybe I just suck . I really missed the Reaver so I went Reaver/RB/Para and I LOVE it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cLAu.L.xzqLdukM.i0z

I'm using a 2 hander and was concerned that Para is primarily a DW soul, but having attacks that aren't on the GCD is really nice. For me this is the best leveling build I've found so far, not bad at all for PvP too. It has good ST skills and really good AoE skills. Just try things out, thats one of the reasons I really love this game, there is no "cookie cutter" build.
    Very nice! Thank you much. What wold the rotation be for this? What would you put points into first?

Closed Thread