+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warrior PvE at 40+ Guide

Plane Touched

Default Warrior PvE at 40+ Guide

Ok after some intensive testing and brainstorming:

There's only 1 viable build for leveling, if you don't use this ( or something like this ) you are doing it wrong, no excuse. I've tried Champion/Paragon, Champion/Riftblade, Beastmaster/Champion and what not else ( at level 44 ), they all seem to lack the same thing, survivablity.

YOU NEED survivability, or you can walk back over and over when you pull a mob to many by accident. So first of all you want 22 points in reaver, this allows you to stay alive and deal aoe dps with diseases.

Ok so now we have taken care of the tanking part, let's move on to the damage part, because ofcourse you want to kill mobs as fast as posible to train fast.

This is where the riftblade comes in, it scales best with reaver because of the bonus damage, so you want atleast 30 points in riftblade for the 50% damage bonus to non-physical attacks, this allows your Soul Sickness to outheal mobdamage, so if there are 6 mobs you spread Soul Sickness and you can't die.

Next you want to put whatever points left in paladin, for endurance buff, better blocking and 2 instant skills to help single target battles or to help finishing off last standing mobs after you aoe'd them down.

This is my current build, and it works perfectly: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0V.Eu0zV00uudz

Best part is that it's great on a pvp server, as it's a pvp build AS WELL. I've had level 50's trying to gank me, and 5 min later when I saw them again they ran in fear ( OH NO NOT THAT DWARF AGAIN!!! ).

So or go Champion, pick a 2 hander and die every now and then and be forced to attack only 1-2 mobs at a time, or go this build, pick up a shield, never die and attack a bunch op mobs at the same time. You can even solo minor rifts and elite mobs. For rifts just kite the last boss with freeze armor and nuke him down.

This build is also really simple to play:
    Single target, cast Freeze Armor, spam Flamespear and Rift Surge/Fiery burst and watch your enemy melt.
    Multiple targets, spread dots, cast Storm Strike with Storm Burst/Earth Burst and Master of the Abyss when needed.

Rift Surge is one awesome skill, it alone takes an enemy down 50%, compared to mayby 15% from fiery burst.

Telaran

You linked a Champion/Para build. I am currently 42 and also testing out builds, can you link your Rift/Reaver/Pala build when you get a chance out of curiousity.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

would love to see the correct link to the build you described.

-=R=-
    I hate everyone, I just hate some people slightly less. I am an equal opportunity hater, I don't care what creed, color, or race you are!
    -=Я=-

Shadowlander

I assume he means something to the extent of this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...EMo0bcMG0z.xxo

It's what I use. It's pretty devastating from a grinding perspective. If you look at something and ask yourself "why this", the answer is "Because it stacks for some reason". I basically spent a few hours with reaver, pally, champ and paragon and tested what did or didn't stack with the various RB abilities. You'd be surprised.
    Last edited by Wraeththix; 03-02-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Plane Touched

zam seems down for me, I probably over-used it lately XD
    I'll post build tomorrow, it's pretty simple to make yourself tough after you read everything.

Rift Disciple

Not only trying to copy my build, but also my lines. For shame.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Not only trying to copy my build, but also my lines. For shame.
    I'd love to see your build, and your lines

EDIT: Found your build, I read it, looked at the souls and I understood why you got 2 stars on that one.
    Last edited by Struyk; 03-02-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Struyk View Post
    I'd love to see your build, and your lines

EDIT: Found your build, I read it, looked at the souls and I understood why you got 2 stars on that one.
    Erm..this thread has 1 Star to it so far (although the sample size is much smaller).
    Last edited by Blackblade; 03-02-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Shadowlander

I run RB/Champ/Paladin and it is perfectly fine, i am not sure what you mean by "if you are not using this build you are doing it wrong".

P.S By perfectly fine i mean i can solo all minor rift up to my level+1 and elite/bosses
    Last edited by hillson; 03-02-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Soulwalker

Ok after some intensive testing and brainstorming:

There's only 1 viable build for leveling, if you don't use this ( or something like this ) you are doing it wrong, no excuse.
    R O F L

How can you be so ignorant ?!

First : I know your build well and it is great build for leveling I agree on that but to say it is best is just ignorant.

Second ": Atm I use even better build for leveling obviously zero downtime and far far faster killing of stuff.
    here it is : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...dRoM.vVzdV0uck
    that is my lvl39 build.

Analysis : You dont go more then 32 points into beast master. In there what is needed is spoils of the hunt = no downtime. And diversion strike because its great. Pet is used as damage not to tank use it as dps and ever 1.5 minutes you heal to full hp with diversion strike and spoils of the hunt with pets insane dps.
    Drop everything else in champion. Its great dps i use regular 2 hander and i kill every mob of my level before charge cooldown finishes. Dont make me angry is great mobs crit a lot in this game. Obviously when i reach deeper into champion it will be even more insane. Basicaly its first get pet to heal you then drop everything else into champion. I offten attack 4 mobs or so with 10% hp and exit with full hp that is how strong it is and all thx to the spoils of the hunt

Third : I will not go as far as to say that it is best build ever.
    Last edited by Stormscion; 03-02-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Plane Touched

CAN'T YOU GUYS SEE THE LINK IN OP WAS WRONG? LOOL
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0z.VuRx0hk.x0o

Btw I'm not even gonna comment on your beastmaster build, it's probably 50x worse then this build just because beastmaster is useless nomatter how many points you put in it, show me a video with you leveling or don't even bother posting again.

Thanks for the 1 star btw, probably because I posted wrong link and zam was down?

Plane Touched

And sorry for being so ignorant, but after hours of testing, spending 30+ platinum in different builds and reading all the forum posts here I've come to a conclusion that this build is farout the best. Yes other builds work, but not as well as this one, and if you think your build does work better at 40+ then I'd love to hear more about it and see some proof.

Rift Chaser

CAN'T YOU GUYS SEE THE LINK IN OP WAS WRONG? LOOL
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0z.VuRx0hk.x0o

Btw I'm not even gonna comment on your beastmaster build, it's probably 50x worse then this build just because beastmaster is useless nomatter how many points you put in it, show me a video with you leveling or don't even bother posting again.

Thanks for the 1 star btw, probably because I posted wrong link and zam was down?
    While BM/Champ aint better at aoe grinding i can grind out 10 mobs of queal level in a row with no down time and finish at 100% hp. Just go from mob to mob to mob really fast.

Sure for pure grinding reaver/Rift is king but i decided long ago not to AOE grind as it is too efficient and it will keep me from doing quests as XP/Hour is MUCH higher just grinding mobs at certian spots.

The main thing however is that reaver/riftblade is absolutely terribly boring for single pullls and feels like too much work running around frantically trying to find mbs to round up to aoe while doing quests.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    While BM/Champ aint better at aoe grinding i can grind out 10 mobs of queal level in a row with no down time and finish at 100% hp. Just go from mob to mob to mob really fast.

Sure for pure grinding reaver/Rift is king but i decided long ago not to AOE grind as it is too efficient and it will keep me from doing quests as XP/Hour is MUCH higher just grinding mobs at certian spots.

The main thing however is that reaver/riftblade is absolutely terribly boring for single pullls and feels like too much work running around frantically trying to find mbs to round up to aoe while doing quests.
    With the 2 instants from paladin you'll kill solo mobs a bunch faster, I mostly just attacked them a few times put rift surge on them and move to next mob ( if I can't AOE pull ). And yes, AOE grinding is alot more xp then doing quests, but you won't get any rep/gold/gear from the rewards. I've done my last 2 levels just grinding mobs while listening to some music ( otherwise it's to boring haha ), find a place with packed melee mobs and grind grind grind! ( ranged mobs will own you, also don't pull move then 6 at 40+ unless Rift Storm is off CD )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast