+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warrior PvE at 40+ Guide

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Struyk View Post
    With the 2 instants from paladin you'll kill solo mobs a bunch faster, I mostly just attacked them a few times put rift surge on them and move to next mob ( if I can't AOE pull ). And yes, AOE grinding is alot more xp then doing quests, but you won't get any rep/gold/gear from the rewards. I've done my last 2 levels just grinding mobs while listening to some music ( otherwise it's to boring haha ), find a place with packed melee mobs and grind grind grind! ( ranged mobs will own you, also don't pull move then 6 at 40+ unless Rift Storm is off CD )
    You are wrong about killing mobs faster as pala though. I'm up to 42gold respec cost so i've tried just about any comibination there is and a champ+something is by far the fastest killer followed closely by 44point paragon.

With 100%crit bloodthirst proccing on every kill which trigger high damage off gcd attack, most mobs are down to 50% hp before bullrush wears off. Pure champ has downtime though but champ/bm doesnt.

Plane Touched

You think you are the fastest killer? I'm pretty sure I can kill 10 mobs fast then you can, as I can pull all 10 at the time and aoe them down like a single mob.
    And yes you do kill mobs faster with pala as 3th, you get 2 offglobal skills which help you alot against 1 target.
    Last edited by Struyk; 03-03-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Telaran

Does the pally spec make the difference in this build? I am trying the rift/reaver build because it's silly to not going anything else for leveling. However, if I am fighting mobs at or above my level I don't do well when pulls get above 4-5. I am level 41 currently, but I have paragon instead of pally.

Another "if you don't do this, you're doing it wrong" thread... Shame to see

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Another "if you don't do this, you're doing it wrong" thread... Shame to see

If both OPs met, since they are both right and wrong entirely at the same time. I think the world would implode.

Also, for Stormscion, yours is the first build I see actually making use of Beastmaster Nice to see a change.
    Last edited by Exphryl; 03-03-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Soulwalker

Default just sayin

http://www.aspergersyndrome.org/

seriously, get help before its too late.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...Rzz.Vuqx0hk00z

Pretty sure the OP is going with something like this, but I prefer warlord for my third.

The damage bonuses from Riftblade, especially the first 5 points, directly effect your DoTs and self healing. On top of this, you get really good damage absorption and the ability to easily tank 5 mobs comfortably.

The trick to this build is making sure you pull all ranged mobs to you by using Line of Sight and avoid pulling more than 6 mobs. If you pull 7-8 on accident, just use Master of the Abyss for instant complete heal.

Use Stormburst every chance you can and Cyclone Strike when SB is down.

Stack Endurance gear, since your main healing comes from killing mobs and is based off how much health you have.
    Last edited by Albane; 03-03-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    If both OPs met, since they are both right and wrong entirely at the same time. I think the world would implode.
    Jesus Christ, It's Schrodinger's PVE Build.

Anywho, While it may be the best for YOU, it doesn't make it the best. Not everyone WANTS to play that way. The whole point of the souls is to appeal to multiple playstyles. Not to have one end all be all cookie cutter spec for everyone.

I personally play as a Champion/Paragon and I absolutely love it. It fits exactly what I think a warrior should be. My self healing might suck, and I might have a bit of down time, but god have mercy on the single target mob that gets in my way.

Btw I'm not even gonna comment on your beastmaster build, it's probably 50x worse then this build just because beastmaster is useless nomatter how many points you put in it
    I usually do not get involved with obvious morons but you sir are just flat out misguided. While your build may work wonderful for you it may completely fail for another person. That is the beauty of Rift, it can cater to every individual play style and give even the most picky person multiple ways to achieve success. While I will credit your build for having an edge on solo survivability you are being shortsighted on all the utilities other specs can bring, not only to soloing, but to group leveling as well. That being said I will elaborate a bit on why you saying BM is terrible is not true.

1. You provide excellent buffs to yourself and your party. Strength, dexterity, armor or 5% damage (based on pet stance), and 5% per bleed amplified damage taken by the mob or reduced damage done by the mob.

2. Played properly the BM pet can effectively hold agro on multiple mobs while you single target / aoe them down. This coupled with the heals you have provide near 100% uptime on grinding.

3. Best paired with Champion (imo due to BM being all physical and Champion amplifying physical damage) using a mixture of both souls abilities you can do competitive if not top DPS in a group while providing the above mentioned buffs.

After getting into the higher levels (35+) you start overtaking points spent in BM with points spent in Champion. (I will give you credit for being partially right on BM in that there is a limit to points that are spent effectively in the tree and a few skills should be passed over to augment the Champion line) This essentially turns you into a main Champion with the tools that I have mentioned above. Champion offers great damage (despite the "nerfs" suffered after beta), single target stun from bull rush that allows you, with Champ's damage capabilities, to nearly kill a mob before the stun is up. You at least build up 2 AP's. Now you will counter this with "LAWL I can kill a mob before it gets to me LAWL", and that may be so, but I guarantee that playing a split Champ/BM build, regardless of gear, will yield wonderful results in solo and group play. So please, for the sake of saving you from sounding like an undereducated elitist, please save your "You are doing it wrong" thread for your guild forums and be constructive.

Surtain I applaud you, I agre 100% with ya bro.I keep seeing these RB/Reaver build sbut I want to quest not AoE everyhting.I want a build that offers good offense/defense AND the ability to take care aof 1-2 EXTRA mobs I may pull accidently.The saying is "To each his own" thats what this game was designed for and thats how it should be played.Do what YOU want not what EVERYBODY else is doing thats what ruined WoW for me.Lets just enjoy this game and not become a bunch of Elitist jerks.

Soulwalker

CAN'T YOU GUYS SEE THE LINK IN OP WAS WRONG? LOOL
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0z.VuRx0hk.x0o

Btw I'm not even gonna comment on your beastmaster build, it's probably 50x worse then this build just because beastmaster is useless nomatter how many points you put in it, show me a video with you leveling or don't even bother posting again.

Thanks for the 1 star btw, probably because I posted wrong link and zam was down?
    First : Didnt give you 1 star or anything

Second : I wont make you video to prove my point , go in game and try spec if you are interested , i tried yours and it is not great.

Atm i am lvl46 and this is my build : http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...Mhkd.tEzdVzu0k
    i modified it a bit since last time.
    People whine about beastmaster on forums and everyone else assumes it is useless.

Strong points of the build are :
    - You will do higher crits then full champion build ( tested this 10% damage bonus from pet gives better damage overall ).
    - Overall faster and more stable killing. Good for rift dps as well. I kill mobs in 6 to 8 seconds.
    - No downtime. Spoils of the hunt say its 150% damage done from pet but it is not from pet it is your damage ! So you can imagine Proper timing + deathblow or bladefury heal. It is full bar heal.

Weak side :
    - Bad against elites. Swap to riftblade soul for kiting and ranged killing and not very good for world pvp. Not big points in my book.

How to play this guild ?

I use good two hander ( that 24dps blue from story line in droughtlands ).

Pet is useless for tanking. Use it as dps and in offensive mod. In that mode it will give you buff for 5% more damage and will put debuff on enemies for 5% more damage and do much more damage.
    Other then that it is pretty much easy mode.
    You will need extansive use of macros tho !

I use FIVE macros.

1. point generation abilities in this order :
    #show Fierce Strike
    cast Diversion Strike
    cast Debilitating Strike
    cast Fierce Strike

comment : Diversion strike you want up all the time. 10% crit on such short cooldown is HUGE. and it will sinergize well with rest of the champion abilities ( frenzied strike ).

2. Finisher macro
    #show Punishing Blow
    cast Deathblow
    cast Punishing Blow

3. No global cooldown and reactive abilities.
    #show Backhanded blow
    cast Inescapable Fury
    cast Frenzied Strike
    cast Bloodthirst
    cast Flesh Rip
    cast Backhanded Blow

4. AOE point generator abilities:
    #show Mighty Blow
    cast Slashing Strike
    cast Mighty Blow

5. AOE finisher :
    #show Bladefury
    cast Proper Timing
    cast Bladefury
    cast Feral Sweep

comment : this is obviously only when you have 3 or more mobs on you etc.

---- basically just spam point generator and no global cd macro and when you have 3 points use finisher. You will kill mobs as fast as any other champion if not faster and every 1.5 minutes use spoils of the hunt to get to full HP ( save proper timing cooldown for when you activate ).

Rift Master

I tried Reaver/RB out for a while. It wasn't a bad grinding spec by any means, but I didn't find it to be the "best" by any means either.

Personally, I prefer Reaver/Paladin. I do less damage, but I have much more survivability. Plus, I can go tank dungeons without respeccing.

Rift Disciple

I am currently 40+ RB/Champ/BM and in solo PvE I don't take any damage from melee and caster mobs, the only time I take damage are from ranged mobs, hence no downtime. This is a very efficient build as stonespear specced to a 15sec cooldown I can consistently root the enemy in place or kite them with frozen armor while I burn them with 'noobspear' and fiery burst every fight. If they are a caster just drop windspear to make them useless. The BM is just for the pet to replace my personal auto attacks since I'm never in melee range of the mobs I fight.

I'll be going full 51 RB soon for Avatar of the Rift. I find that RB doesn't have good synergy with other warrior souls if you're never within melee range anayways. RB/Reaver makes the most sense but are you going to have enough power to maintain your rotation with the high cost death DoTs? As it is RB rotation needs Planar Blade to barely maintain itself. Dropping in more mediocre death DoTs from Reaver ain't gonna help much.
    Last edited by smurfpiss; 03-04-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Plane Touched

Just tried that BM build ( I'm level 50 now ), it's HOPELESS compared to riftblade/reaver, pet doesn't TAUNT like it should so I always get aggro, that heal only lasts 12 sec each minute which is not enough for no downtime, even at 50 as I lost about 5% hp each mob, pull 2 mobs and I lose about 15%.

RB/Reaver = pull 10 mobs aoe em down in 6-7 sec
    Champion/BM = pull 1 mob and kill it in 3 sec

I'm using Champion/BM/Warlord for Groups now, pet doesn't need to taunt, got great group buffs ( +10% damage, +5% damage, +str/+dex ), and I won't need any survivability so this is way better then RB/Reaver for dungeons.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wraeththix View Post
    I assume he means something to the extent of this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...EMo0bcMG0z.xxo

It's what I use. It's pretty devastating from a grinding perspective. If you look at something and ask yourself "why this", the answer is "Because it stacks for some reason". I basically spent a few hours with reaver, pally, champ and paragon and tested what did or didn't stack with the various RB abilities. You'd be surprised.
    pretty much what I used to 50, except I went 22 reaver (Master of the abyss is a good ofu- button), 32 rift, rest pally.

went from 47-50 grinding... in 7 hours (AoE grinding mobs, no quests, just 6-7 at a time over and over -- 1-2% of a level per minute

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast