Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DPS Warr: Anyone else feel energy starved?

Question DPS Warr: Anyone else feel energy starved?

I'm Champ/Riftblade spec with champ as the main tree. This happens to me especially on long fights, but i get to a point where I'm just waiting for my energy to regen and things to light up which isn't very fun.

I've tried taking "Grim Satisfaction" in the Champ tree but it doesn't seem to be alleviating the issue. Anyone else having this issue and, if so, what have you done to resolve it? Maybe I just need to wait until higher gear levels where I can get more crit?
    Last edited by Vonnegut; 03-01-2011 at 02:47 PM.

yeah i get that on my reaver/champ/rb and my reaver/rb/pal

Riftblades SUCK down the energy...It is painful, but if we had anymore energy it would be way to easy to kill people.....

Yeah, energy starvation is a big issue, the warrior is energy starved.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

I only run into energy problems with riftblade (which I only use in pvp), but even so, I'm still doing tons of damage.

Telaran

if u could find a friend willing to go 51pt bard and run with you, all your troubles would be over haha

Rift Disciple

If you want zero energy problems, go Paragon over RB. RBs trade off power suckage for good burst and range. Paragon will also have the range but if you use follow-up attacks, you can manage your energy bar at a slightly lower DPS rate. Path of the Hurricane is 15 power and Path of the Raptor is 10 power, to Flamespear/Path of the Wind at 20 power, so you can alternate the two. Paragon finishers are also not instant, so you can't use power up as quickly.
    Last edited by rainyman; 03-02-2011 at 12:18 AM.

or go 26 points rift and get Planar Blade - problem solved

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chochko View Post
    or go 26 points rift and get Planar Blade - problem solved
    i have Planar Blade as well as the champion tier 2 that returns power on crits and still bottom out my energy on long boss fights on my riftblade.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    i have Planar Blade as well as the champion tier 2 that returns power on crits and still bottom out my energy on long boss fights on my riftblade.
    Just out of curiosity, what is your crit rate at? Without going paragon I can't get mine to even be noticeable. I'm hoping with higher level gear it improves, but I'm afraid it won't. So very afraid.

Shadowlander

Of course you run out of energy. If you didn't run out while using your abilities as rapidly as possible, it would not be a meaningful resource. It is not intended that you be able to spend talent points in such a way that you no longer have to care about your energy bar.

Just out of curiosity, what is your crit rate at? Without going paragon I can't get mine to even be noticeable. I'm hoping with higher level gear it improves, but I'm afraid it won't. So very afraid.
    It definitely improves. As the gear budget gets bigger, you start seeing raw +crit on equipment. Many souls also have passive +crit talents that you might have ignored on your way to the top of your primary soul but will backfill once you have the points later on.
    Last edited by wildfyre010; 03-02-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Shadowlander

Default One solution

Riftblades murder energy, but one thing I've found is that going Paragon helps a lot with sustainability- I have a followup attack (Rising Waterfall) and a finisher (Strike Like Iron) that are both 10 energy and help a ton with the energy management issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfyre010 View Post
    Of course you run out of energy. If you didn't run out while using your abilities as rapidly as possible, it would not be a meaningful resource. It is not intended that you be able to spend talent points in such a way that you no longer have to care about your energy bar.
    Ding ding ding. Resource management is part of the class and has been for every game where a class uses a similar mechanic. Rogue's have the same issue. Things like managing your energy to be able to interrupt at key moments are just part of the energy bar system.

In WoW the true limiting factor of Rogue DPS has always been the energy bar. It created a situation near the end of BC where every rogue anywhere was gearing, to the detriment of anything else, for +hit because of Combat Potency (+energy on off-hand hits). I foresee a similar effect incoming for warriors and crit. In WoW combat potency got the nerf bat so rogues wouldn't be obligated to stack nothing but +hit and if enough crit in Rift has a substantial effect on the warrior power bar I'm sure we'll see changes here too.

I get energy starved in both tank and DPS modes if a fight is long enough, but it's not that big of a deal for me. When I get to that point, I just pace myself and force myself to pause a tick between hitting hotkeys and it works out. I've never been in a situation where being starved for energy has caused me to lose a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Atama View Post
    I've never been in a situation where being starved for energy has caused me to lose a battle.
    Heh, I sure have. Though, from the big picture view other stuff certainly contributed (hitting wrong ability, pulling too many mobs etc.) I've been in plenty of situations where it's down to me at 3% hp and the mob at 3% hp and I'm spamming but have no power and the mob gets the hit first

I played a tank in beta and I never really felt bothered by the energy concerns. Threat generation is so obscenely easy (at least as a reaver) that once I got all my dots up and hit with a couple times I could easily lay off and not run into any issues. As DPS however you always want to be hitting as hard and as often as possible so things change there.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast