+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does poison from assassin work on Ranger ranged attacks?

Telaran

Default Does poison from assassin work on Ranger ranged attacks?

I have a ranger and wonder if I took assassin, would the poison work?

Wonder because many people say take assassin and 2nd soul but I dont see the synergy like if you took Markeman

Shadowlander

Weapon augments procc from weapon attacks. Any attack that requires a weapon can apply the weapon augment, this includes assassin poisons and nightblade fire augments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Soulwalker

Yep, the poison works with ranged attacks and is quite powerful at lower levels for 0 points.

Caliel

I asked the same question in the general thread and the answer was an emphatic yes. I run a MM/BD/'sin build, 5 points in 'sin for the poison and the crit.

Soulwalker

Does it proc for bard abilities, such as cadence?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
    Cadence is not a weapon attack, and doesn't even require a weapon to be equipped, so I'd say no.

It does state 'physical attacks' so I would think not.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoness View Post
    Cadence is not a weapon attack, and doesn't even require a weapon to be equipped, so I'd say no.
    Ok, I was confused by the description... "The Rogue continuously strums the Lute, dealing weapon plus 23 Life damage over 2 seconds." So an attack that deals weapon damage isn't always a weapon attack? Is there any easy way to identify what counts as a weapon attack and what doesn't?

Soulwalker

For abilities like this, you can always roll a low one and check your combat log. It can be quicker than waiting for a forum response.

Anything that can be equipped in the weapon slots, whether ranged or melee, count for those types of abilities.

- Ipswitch

Soulwalker

Is there any easy way to identify what counts as a weapon attack and what doesn't?
    Use your combat log!

(Sorry for double post, but my 1 minute was up)

- Ipswitch
    Last edited by Ipswitch; 03-01-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ipswitch View Post
    For abilities like this, you can always roll a low one and check your combat log. It can be quicker than waiting for a forum response.

Anything that can be equipped in the weapon slots, whether ranged or melee, count for those types of abilities.

- Ipswitch
    Can you explain in more detail? In the combat log, I see the following on my bard:

bard's Auto Attack hits Telaran Husk for 2 Physical damage.
    bard's Cadence critically hits Telaran Husk for 12 life damage.

Both lines are in blue. Is it simply abilities which cause damage of some elemental form (life in this case) don't count as weapon attacks?

+ Reply to Thread