+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Kyris' Saboteur PVP Guide

  1. #1
    Banned kyris_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    357

    Thumbs up Kyris' Saboteur PVP Guide

    Step 1: Bind 'Blast Charge' to the following buttons: Q,W,E,R,T,A,S,D,F,G,Z,X,C,V
    Step 2: Bind 'Detonate' to these keys: Y,U,I,O,P,G,H,J,KL,V,B,N,M
    Step 3: Target an enemy in PVP
    Step 4: Roll your face across the keyboard
    ... rinse and repeat!

    Extra tips for being a pr0 pvp0r:

    - If anyone calls you unskilled, or says "nerf sabos", you must immediately tell them they are gay and/or ******ed, and tell them to learn their class
    - Act like Saboteurs are fine and balanced in PVP
    - Circle strafe and jump around like a deranged rabbit in PVP
    - You must be #1 on damage in every warfront, if you aren't then the other players are probably hacking
    - You must link the damage meters to everyone, and call them n00bs for not doing the same damage as you
    - Whenever you crit for a high number, you must tell everyone in the chat and/or laugh at them for playing inferior classes
    - Whine on the forums if anyone beats you in PVP, and claim they are OP and require nerfing
    Last edited by kyris_; 03-01-2011 at 07:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker Phaydra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    On a boat
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Wait wait I think I hear a Wambulance. Really dude was it necessary to clutter the forums with your droll? You had bad experiences in another game? Playing a MMO is like dating. Leave the baggage with the ex.

  3. #3
    dmv
    dmv is offline
    Champion of Telara dmv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyris_ View Post
    Step 1: Bind 'Blast Charge' to the following buttons: Q,W,E,R,T,A,S,D,F,G,Z,X,C,V
    Step 2: Bind 'Detonate' to these keys: Y,U,I,O,P,G,H,J,KL,V,B,N,M
    Step 3: Target an enemy in PVP
    Step 4: Roll your face across the keyboard
    ... rinse and repeat!

    Extra tips for being a pr0 pvp0r:
    - Circle strafe and jump around like a deranged rabbit in PVP
    - You must link the damage meters to everyone, and call them n00bs for not doing the same damage as you
    - Whine on the forums if anyone beats you in PVP, and claim they are OP and require nerfing
    This made me laugh, VERY hard.
    But no, sabo isnt OP, its OP at lower levels, but 30+ sabo pales in comparison when it comes to single target dmg.
    However you're right about sabo not requiring much skill.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    This made me laugh, VERY hard.
    But no, sabo isnt OP, its OP at lower levels, but 30+ sabo pales in comparison when it comes to single target dmg.
    However you're right about sabo not requiring much skill.
    Or maybe it's the people that can't target and catch the guy running around doing absolutely no damage for stretches of time that is easily out-dps'd 1v1 that don't have any skill.

    Just a thought.

    Also, you can dispel charges, making it so a sab does... nothing.

    My shaman is much easier to play than my sab. It doesn't die, ever, and I can run around smacking whoever I please, doing fairly decent damage. Half the time I'm on my sab I can't even look at what I'm fighting because I'm too busy running away. Not quite as easy.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin View Post
    Or maybe it's the people that can't target and catch the guy running around doing absolutely no damage for stretches of time that is easily out-dps'd 1v1 that don't have any skill.

    Just a thought.

    Also, you can dispel charges, making it so a sab does... nothing.

    My shaman is much easier to play than my sab. It doesn't die, ever, and I can run around smacking whoever I please, doing fairly decent damage. Half the time I'm on my sab I can't even look at what I'm fighting because I'm too busy running away. Not quite as easy.
    lol...

    A sabotuer with the right souls can 1 shot mobs before they aggro ... you don't even need a pet to tank and with lost hope from nightblade soul it's even easier if you need to kill more than one mob at same time.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    239

    Default

    As a bard I use sabs as a healing target. I just spam cadence on them to keep heals going on the group. They stick around a while and although they can put up one big number, there's far more green numbers scrolling past than red. They're perfect!

    Keep the sabs coming and don't nerf them Trion. Those of us who need a target for heals really appreciate them!

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Stanly Manly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Currently, my Sab is 33, and I don't have the best gear, but pretty decent for the level.

    I sincerely don't see what all the fuss is about. There is certainly no facerolling to Sab. When I am in BG's, I have to use every trick in my book to win battles when enemies are focused on killing me.

    Champs and Riftblades usually destroy me. Yesterday I got charged and crit by a Champ for 844 dmg, before I even realized what was going on. Some caster channelled me with a spell that crit for 452 each tick, and absolutely annihilated me.

    Sure, if I'm in Black Garden and behind a tree, and no one notices me, I can ruin someone's day, but that is true of any class. I think at this point, its just trendy to badmouth sabs, and everyone is getting on the bandwagon.

    I think I've oneshot possibly 1 person as a sab, and that was a lower level clothy with a big lucky double crit, with my 50 AP trinket active, and fully buffed.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    As a bard I use sabs as a healing target. I just spam cadence on them to keep heals going on the group. They stick around a while and although they can put up one big number, there's far more green numbers scrolling past than red. They're perfect!

    Keep the sabs coming and don't nerf them Trion. Those of us who need a target for heals really appreciate them!
    ^This guys.

    Sab damage really isn't that ridiculous.

    I also don't see what me being able to apply charges to a mob without aggro has to do with PvP.

  9. #9
    Champion Red Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    As a bard I use sabs as a healing target. I just spam cadence on them to keep heals going on the group. They stick around a while and although they can put up one big number, there's far more green numbers scrolling past than red. They're perfect!

    Keep the sabs coming and don't nerf them Trion. Those of us who need a target for heals really appreciate them!
    I've done this on my sab/bard, sometimes they get smart are use concussion bombs to break my healing but most of the time they just try to out DPS me and die in the process, the worst outcome is that they kill me and one of my dots kills them or vice versa, either way he doesn't live to attack anyone else. On my RS/bard sabs don't even phase me.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I hate to keep this thread going but to the person mentioning 1 shotting mobs or really one shotting anything, it's a 6 shot. Please understand it. If you get a marks rogue nuke you for 6-7 seconds you're going to feel some hurt from that too, not to mention a champ, night blade or asassin. See how I mixed melee with ranged there? any pure dps class can do significant damage if allowed to focus for 6-7 seconds.

    It's not the sabo's fault that you are not noticing the charges flying at you. Run away, los, or remove the charges.

    i play a ranger/bard btw - and yes, it can be annoying when i dont notice the charges hitting me because of tunnel vision. adapt or leave, but please stop whining nerf. A heavy nerf would break the soul.
    Last edited by Weebeh; 03-01-2011 at 08:21 AM.

  11. #11
    Telaran Riftraf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyris_ View Post
    Step 1: Bind 'Blast Charge' to the following buttons: Q,W,E,R,T,A,S,D,F,G,Z,X,C,V
    Step 2: Bind 'Detonate' to these keys: Y,U,I,O,P,G,H,J,KL,V,B,N,M
    Step 3: Target an enemy in PVP
    Step 4: Roll your face across the keyboard
    ... rinse and repeat!
    ^^^ Step one had me crying with laughter...... Im still chuckling. I give it a 8 for creativity, 10 for laughter, and maybe a 9 overall.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
    As a bard I use sabs as a healing target. I just spam cadence on them to keep heals going on the group. They stick around a while and although they can put up one big number, there's far more green numbers scrolling past than red. They're perfect!

    Keep the sabs coming and don't nerf them Trion. Those of us who need a target for heals really appreciate them!
    lol i use useless pets that people have a fixation with to use cadence on

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebeh View Post
    I hate to keep this thread going but to the person mentioning 1 shotting mobs or really one shotting anything, it's a 6 shot. Please understand it. If you get a marks rogue nuke you for 6-7 seconds you're going to feel some hurt from that too, not to mention a champ, night blade or asassin. See how I mixed melee with ranged there? any pure dps class can do significant damage if allowed to focus for 6-7 seconds.

    It's not the sabo's fault that you are not noticing the charges flying at you. Run away, los, or remove the charges.

    i play a ranger/bard btw - and yes, it can be annoying when i dont notice the charges hitting me because of tunnel vision. adapt or leave, but please stop whining nerf. A heavy nerf would break the soul.


    its actually not if you go high enough in the tree you get 5 charges instance..just saying..

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Unit Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyris_ View Post
    Step 1: Bind 'Blast Charge' to the following buttons: Q,W,E,R,T,A,S,D,F,G,Z,X,C,V
    Step 2: Bind 'Detonate' to these keys: Y,U,I,O,P,G,H,J,KL,V,B,N,M
    Step 3: Target an enemy in PVP
    Step 4: Roll your face across the keyboard
    ... rinse and repeat!

    Extra tips for being a pr0 pvp0r:

    - If anyone calls you unskilled, or says "nerf sabos", you must immediately tell them they are gay and/or ******ed, and tell them to learn their class
    - Act like Saboteurs are fine and balanced in PVP
    - Circle strafe and jump around like a deranged rabbit in PVP
    - You must be #1 on damage in every warfront, if you aren't then the other players are probably hacking
    - You must link the damage meters to everyone, and call them n00bs for not doing the same damage as you
    - Whenever you crit for a high number, you must tell everyone in the chat and/or laugh at them for playing inferior classes
    - Whine on the forums if anyone beats you in PVP, and claim they are OP and require nerfing
    ...

    Can you show me on the doll where the bad man touched you?

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Khroul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin View Post
    Or maybe it's the people that can't target and catch the guy running around doing absolutely no damage for stretches of time that is easily out-dps'd 1v1 that don't have any skill.

    Just a thought.

    Also, you can dispel charges, making it so a sab does... nothing.

    My shaman is much easier to play than my sab. It doesn't die, ever, and I can run around smacking whoever I please, doing fairly decent damage. Half the time I'm on my sab I can't even look at what I'm fighting because I'm too busy running away. Not quite as easy.
    Um.

    If you lose a 1v1 fight as a Sabo, you are playing wrong.

    Lost Hope - Charges X5, Detonate, Dark Containment - Charges X5, Detonate.

    Boom
    Dead.

    That's a full Incapacitate lock, since Charges don't break Incaps.

    Learn to play your own class before trying to tell others how to play. Sabo's are OP as hell right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts