+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Ranger Thread

Rift Master

Default The Ranger Thread

This thread is for player feedback positive as well as negative about ranger and all soul combos that you can think of!

As well as ask the community to share opinions and thoughts on the soul we all love

-----------------------

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...fuekskqz.x0x.V

Ranger 51
    Marksman 10
    Saboteur 5

In PvE its straight forward, pet can tank well..DPS pet can DPS well and my own damage seems pretty good. PvP keep run speed up and let the pet do its thing while AoE snare+snare shot+knock back when pressured hard. I like the fact that everything -almost- is instant cast and the pet never dies unless focused by a few players -with my HoT up.

Being a player who always played pet classes, I find Ranger looking good, especially after you get enough points to invest in AoE.

Soulwalker

This is probably slightly newbish for me to say but, how come Rangers do not get any stealth skills?
    Or at least some GOOD speed buff? Rangers are basically people of the wilderness, when I think of a ranger. I imagine a person with great agility running through a heavily littered forest stalking their prey.

Rift Disciple

Does Pet actually do damage in PVP? Even as a Ranger, I just ignore the pet when they attack me in Warfront because I hardly see my health goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Korded View Post
    This is probably slightly newbish for me to say but, how come Rangers do not get any stealth skills?
    Or at least some GOOD speed buff? Rangers are basically people of the wilderness, when I think of a ranger. I imagine a person with great agility running through a heavily littered forest stalking their prey.
    You can acquire both, stealth and speed, by adding other souls. No soul is meant to stand alone but to synergize with others. RMS is a good spec if you are into control, management, and speed, else you could go for one of the stealth classes and forfeit speed or control. It's all up to you, that's the beauty here.

I prefer this model over the old "let's give everyone everything" approach. You're more than fine either way and can adjust to your playstyle. There's no truly "OP" soul combination at this point, and most of the complaints seem to come from people who realize they have weaknesses. I love that. I know I can't get away as easily as others, so I build my playstyle around control and suprise - it works.

Shadowlander

No, the ranger pets suck in pvp. The pet is for single mob tanking in pve. Id say ranger is a great main soul for leveling up. After you level, marksman is much better for pvp or dungeons or of course you can just switch to sabo or bard like everyone else.

Soulwalker

Started as marksman and added sab and ranger mostly cause i didnt know what i was doing at the time but i like marks/ranger compliment each other well but im prolly droppin sab cause it doesnt seem to add much for me im just not sure what to add instead assassin or bladedancer maybe?

Soulwalker

^^^^^^
    Know that you point it out, i take back what I said. This game also did a very nice job on balancing the callings on release. Unlike SOME game that allowed rogues to kill absolutely everything in sight. Though I would have to say that we are a bit OP when it comes to fighting mages 1v1>.<

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
    No, the ranger pets suck in pvp. The pet is for single mob tanking in pve. Id say ranger is a great main soul for leveling up. After you level, marksman is much better for pvp or dungeons or of course you can just switch to sabo or bard like everyone else.
    Specced into it the Wolf will apply a 30% healing reduction debuff on it's target, which is very good for PvP.

Your Boar is for solo PvE, the Wolf is for PvP, and the Raptor is for group PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookguy View Post
    Does Pet actually do damage in PVP? Even as a Ranger, I just ignore the pet when they attack me in Warfront because I hardly see my health goes down.
    Have you played with a Greater Dire Wolf out? Aside from your bleeds (Improved Quick Shot + Blood rage) there's also Barbed Trap six points into Saboteur. Combine that with King of the Jungle, and you'll see the damage of your Raptor or GDW go up rather excitingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
    So you never made it to Wolf or Raptor (you say "tanking", which neither pet does well) and you have an opinion on pets?
    Please, for all that is worthy and the love of Odin, it's not "LUA" or "LuA", it's "Lua". Like the moon. In Portuguese.

Rift Master

Pets do a great job in PvP as a Ranger. Combo of knock back+snare+area snare+bleed+auto attack and using the speed finisher and leave the rest to the pet.

If they focus the pet you throw a HoT and pull it while nuking the focus target..they ignore it and its a big DoT that -speced into it- does huge damage.

Pet+15%+10%+3% for each point above 21 so 90%? So more than 100% for the pet and don't forget the damage you get when the pet crits.

Ranger has weaknesses as it should but this soul looks really well put together and has enough tools to escape the stealth gang.

One of the cool abilities is the early finisher that interrupts spell casting and silences for 5sec.

+ Reply to Thread