+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assasin poison application

Default Assasin poison application

Hi all,

I've noticed that I can have two different poison buffs running. However I've also noticed that only one of the two will ever be applied to the target at a time. So my question is, is there any advantage to running two poisons?

Thanks!
    Kal
    Kaltrop - In your shadow... stabbin your back....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Kaltrop - Daoc - Human Infy - Gawain
    Kaltrop - WoW - Undead Rogue - Zul'Jin / Bloodhoof
    Kaltramp - War - Witch Elf - Gorefang

dmv

I use nb, but nb is limited to 2 weapon enchants aswell, I assume sin gets some kind instant damage poison, try using that along with a dot/debuff poison.

Ok thanks, I'll give that a try. It could be that I had one instant poison up at the time I noticed this, so I guess I wouldn't have seen any debuff icon for that (duh!).

Regards,
    Kal
    Kaltrop - In your shadow... stabbin your back....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Kaltrop - Daoc - Human Infy - Gawain
    Kaltrop - WoW - Undead Rogue - Zul'Jin / Bloodhoof
    Kaltramp - War - Witch Elf - Gorefang

i believe that only lethal poison, and debilitating poison will place a debuff on your target. the other two poisons deal water damage instantly, with no debuff.
    watts - kelari - assassin - sunrest

Cool Poisonous!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltrop View Post
    Hi all,

I've noticed that I can have two different poison buffs running. However I've also noticed that only one of the two will ever be applied to the target at a time. So my question is, is there any advantage to running two poisons?

Thanks!
    Kal
    Virulent poison is a instant damage poison so there'd be no debuffer. Lethal poison does damage but also adds a debuffer which increases your chance to crit them by 5% for 15 seconds so it will show a debuffer when it procs. Basically: Only an icon will show if there is a buff/debuff present on the target. It doesn't notify me when my Master Archer procs because it's not a debuff or buffer.

Both can proc and do their damage, but I am not sure whether or not they can both proc at the same time or if one will override the other. I would only assume if that was the case the better poison, lethal, would override the Virulent poison. I do know that you can proc lethal and it can be reapplied to start the 15 seconds over. I have done a quick glance at the combat log and could never find a notification of my damage, I'll have to see if I can modify my combat log and find out if it can display all my damage done. Would make it a lot easier to find out information about procs, but I understand it would slow the game down if it had to keep track of everything you ever did in combat. I prefer a smoothly running game over combat logistics.

Also, I am a marksman and lethal poison does proc off my ranged attacks.

+ Reply to Thread