+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Teleports -- Break Assassin Stealth -- not in patch notes...Intended or bug.

Shadowlander

Default Rift Teleports -- Break Assassin Stealth -- not in patch notes...Intended or bug.

I'm not sure when this was changed or if this is a bug.

In beta you could use any of the teleports that do not do damage to a mob and it would not break stealth.

Ex. Shadowstalk or Shadowshift would not break stealth it would just port you to the location and give whatever the "Planar Shift" buffs were.

I just read through all of the patch notes and did not see anything reguarding this new change.

You can imagine how upset I was today when I spent 21p on my 4th roles and trained from 1 to 41 in assassin skills leaving 1g 57s to my name, just to find out I can no longer use these two souls together viably as I had originally intended. I mean I didn't even have enough gold left to port out because I was so excited about playing this spec I tried in beta... very sad face for me today.

I vote to keep the devs happy with this, we port and stealth is broken, but then a second or so after becoming visible it puts u back into stealth.

This then allows the enemy to at least try and see where u went and get a quick glimpse.. but if he dont pan around and catch it then tough *****....

Id be happy with that sort of change if they say they wont let us stay in stealth fully.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldmagik View Post
    I vote to keep the devs happy with this, we port and stealth is broken, but then a second or so after becoming visible it puts u back into stealth.

This then allows the enemy to at least try and see where u went and get a quick glimpse.. but if he dont pan around and catch it then tough *****....

Id be happy with that sort of change if they say they wont let us stay in stealth fully.
    And what is the point in this? They should be able at best to get a glimpse of my blade going through their throats/kidneys (depending on my mood). FFS I'm role playing assassin not a peep showing clown.
    Last edited by tehehe; 03-01-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    Stunning
    Guild Member of Sanctuary
    Rift - Blightweald EU

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silverghost01 View Post

In beta you could use any of the teleports that do not do damage to a mob and it would not break stealth.

Ex. Shadowstalk or Shadowshift would not break stealth it would just port you to the location and give whatever the "Planar Shift" buffs were.

I just read through all of the patch notes and did not see anything reguarding this new change.

You can imagine how upset I was today when I spent 21p on my 4th roles and trained from 1 to 41 in assassin skills leaving 1g 57s to my name, just to find out I can no longer use these two souls together viably as I had originally intended. I mean I didn't even have enough gold left to port out because I was so excited about playing this spec I tried in beta... very sad face for me today.
    You still can planar shift and not break stealth, it's not the Planar Shifting that breaks stealth. It's the buffs you get from Planar Shifting that breaks stealth for example Stalker Phase et al.

Although this wasn't the case prior to head start as far as I remember and am a little disappointed it has become the case. Although I can understand why they'd do it with the introduction of Advanced Flanking giving +50% chance to crit on stealth strikes it'd be a little overpowered IMO if they then got an extra +15% crit and +15% damage on top...

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...umented-change

Short and sweet:

The Talents Ruthless Stalker and Rift Barrier in the Riftstalker Soul are breaking rogues out of stealth when they proc

Quote Originally Posted by Silverghost01 View Post

With much testing on my sin/rift I think I figured out what causes this issue.. OK I notice this happening and was like WTF.. I spent many hours spec'ing and respecing and trying this and trying that, this is what I think the problem is...

When you spend points on RIFT BARRIER and RUTHLESS STALKER it puts a buff on you either a shield or + crit chance... These buff are causing the issue..

I test without spec'ing them and SHADOW SHIFT did not break stealth... After spending points on them ability's SHADOW SHIFT and other shifting ability's did break stealth...

I really hope we can get a fix for this soon ...
    {SWG}Godaddy

+ Reply to Thread