+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Master Archer Talent

Default Master Archer Talent

More of a discussion on the Master Archer Talent in Marksman tree, after leaving a log going through instances + random leveling it turns out that its actually quite nice, considering it does more damage than the auto attack does,

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1...kdownpre32.png

If the points didn't go in there, then where would you put them?
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

Wow, impressive--I could've sworn that it'd be worse than that. Time to revamp my marksman!

Default Questions!

Hello. I picked up 2 points in Master Archer so only have a 10% chance but I did notice a change in pace on how quickly I killed things. I'm curious, were you 5/5 for that or? Thought it'd be more honestly if you were 5/5. Which do you think would be better overall, for short fights and long: Master Archer, Increased Fire Power, or Penetrating Shots?

Also, I'm assuming Penetrating Shots is better than Increased Fire Power, know if I am wrong?

Thanks for the information.

- Kalena

I am yet to really test penetrating shots, but yes that Master Archer was at 5/5. My final dps based build however includes penetrating shots, increased fire power and master archer, I do not include the range bonus to get this.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0b.xhx0V0AhdR this is my all out balls to the wall dps over anything build. I did consider doing a aoe based build and a specific target build, but I can mix them really and lose 1% extra damage from fire and death attunement.
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

Soulwalker

These numbers are actually quite surprising. Last time I parsed something for Marksman it did not look that well off (Master Archer). Forgive me if my last post in the other thread mislead you a bit, but I should have been more clear. I meant to say it has been the general consensus that Master Archer wasn't good for a PvP build. Numbers don't lie though, and it looks as if it's pretty good in terms of overall dps for PvE. Time to do some of my own testing again!

Shadowlander

So do you open up with assasinate in order to take advantage of the points in C&D?

Shadowlander

I think I found my answer. I guess it seems you have to basically just waste 3 points in order to move up the tree... might as well throw em there I guess.
    Last edited by Torshion; 03-01-2011 at 08:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread