+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marksman/Ranger/Nightblade PvP

Soulwalker

Default Marksman/Ranger/Nightblade PvP

What do you guys think of this build for lvl 50 PvP as a Marksman/Ranger/Nightblade?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xGtoVzhzdo.V0x

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Telaran

I like it, Looks pretty good, I just wish i was high enough level to actually try it!

Soulwalker

put one more point into marks, quick reload is too good not to have

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Badmits View Post
    put one more point into marks, quick reload is too good not to have
    Ya I agree but the fact is that every point i got on other trees is essential =/
    I just wish i had enough points to get "Controlled Fire"...thats the one i really wanted to have but its not gonna happen...38 points on marks is too much

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post
    I like it, Looks pretty good, I just wish i was high enough level to actually try it!
    hehe Im not high enough either, just thought I would make a nice tree to know how my character is gonna look like in the future...i tried so many different kinds of rogues because of the lack of dmg from marksman...but in the end i just really wanna play a hunter-like class, so I tried buffing the dmg...

Why don't you include Infiltrator in there? Even the first 5 points for armor pen to players is great in pvp and the 5 point ability weapon enchant that increases spell casting on your target by 25% and the snability break free is nice to have in pvp. It only costs 2500 favor and is easy to get.

Here is what I am using at lv 24 for my pvp soul.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mpfb..eMzRqo0d.x

It seems i am always moving fast with this build in pvp and I can get melee off of me and root them. Between swift shot and hasted shot, when I cannot deadeye due to movement or lack of hit and run, I just am able to run circles around people and get away easy enough. I dropped ranger and Sin from my leveling spec.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ozna View Post
    Why don't you include Infiltrator in there? Even the first 5 points for armor pen to players is great in pvp and the 5 point ability weapon enchant that increases spell casting on your target by 25% and the snability break free is nice to have in pvp. It only costs 2500 favor and is easy to get.

It seems i am always moving fast with this build in pvp and I can get melee off of me and root them. Between swift shot and hasted shot, when I cannot deadeye due to movement or lack of hit and run, I just am able to run circles around people and get away easy enough. I dropped ranger and Sin from my leveling spec.
    I thought about Infiltrator.
    For now, while im lvling, I wont use it because I only have 2 roles and one of them is tanking (the third one is kind of expensive :P).
    When im in higher lvls, ill test to see if the armor penetration and 10% increased dmg against players are worth more than the 10 points in nightblade.
    It probably is better, but I believe it requires testing.
    This is how my build would look like if I replaced nightblade for infiltrator:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xGtoVzhzdo.xx

One thing about the infiltrator soul to note, you cannot put more than 5 points into it until you hit pvp rank 2. While zam in theory allows you to build it out there are further restrictions not noted on there that are in game on the soul.

And yea I have 3 roles so i understand the cost..the 4th role is 22p. I have mine as Leveling/Tanking/PvP. It wasn't to bad to get and i dumped a lot of money into my crafting alts.

Soulwalker

One thing about the infiltrator soul to note, you cannot put more than 5 points into it until you hit pvp rank 2. While zam in theory allows you to build it out there are further restrictions not noted on there that are in game on the soul.

And yea I have 3 roles so i understand the cost..the 4th role is 22p. I have mine as Leveling/Tanking/PvP. It wasn't to bad to get and i dumped a lot of money into my crafting alts.
    How do I check for my rank in pvp and how far i am from the next?

That is a good question. It was late last night when i finally got my 3rd role so I'll have to check on it today.

Sarye
    Gnarlwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cruc View Post
    Ya I agree but the fact is that every point i got on other trees is essential =/
    I just wish i had enough points to get "Controlled Fire"...thats the one i really wanted to have but its not gonna happen...38 points on marks is too much
    What if you were to pull one rank out of Blood-rage or Bolster and put it into something like Hasty Departure?

Would the benefit of Quick Reload outweigh the loss of 5% pet damage while an enemy is bleeding?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xGtkVzhzdo.V0x

Telaran

I'd also take a point out of Close Quarters Combat... as a marksman you should -never- be close enough for melee to be hitting you, as you should be running faster than them so they can't catch up, using On The Double/Getaway if you're snared and they're closing in, or Repelling Shot if they get too close.

I can't see that skill ever being necessary for a marksman, in pvp or pve - even if it were a constant buff. throw that point into Getaway and you'll do much better.
    Last edited by Rougemoto; 03-02-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Agreed with the above two posts.
    The pet damage is not high enough to lose Quick Reload for 5% pet damage.

Close Quarters Combat is not something I'd pick up, some of your shots don't even have a minimum range so if you're forced into close combat just use those.

And a PvP build without Static Shot\

This appears to be hastily done.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

I'd take a point out of Hasty Departure and buy Getaway instead. A cc breaker with 5 seconds of cc immunity every 30 seconds is a huge life saver. It's a point very well spent for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruc View Post
    How do I check for my rank in pvp and how far i am from the next?
    I don't think you are eligible to start ranking up until you hit Level 50.

IMO, Take out Sniper Training, Improved Swift Shot and Sharpshooter. And then get Static Shot, Master Archer and Killer Instinct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast