+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade Discussion

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Darknesse View Post
    You don't have to cast Fiery Spike ever after the first once you have Lingering Flame.

It resets and adds to the stacks whenever you hit with your finisher anyways.

And Twilight Force does quite a bit more damage than Fiery Spike, and when you can reduce its cooldown to 0, I expect it to be a large bonus.

If I was going with the 2/2 Enh Weapon Enhancements, then wouldn't that make Smoldering Blades that much more desirable?
    How do you get Twilight Force to a zero cooldown? At best you can knock off 2 seconds so that it is an 8 second cooldown unless I'm missing something. I know that Ebon Fury gives you a 15 second no cooldown, but at that point your not at range your in close using dusk strike.

I use fiery spike as a ranged combo generator as I close in. Normally by the time I get to something I have 4-5 combo points and can hit it with a finisher. The dots from fiery spike do not do that much dmg from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardor View Post
    How do you get Twilight Force to a zero cooldown? At best you can knock off 2 seconds so that it is an 8 second cooldown unless I'm missing something. I know that Ebon Fury gives you a 15 second no cooldown, but at that point your not at range your in close using dusk strike.
    You can still can (and should) use Twilight Force at point blank range.

I expect to spam Dusk Strike at that point, but in my normal Rotation, Twilight Force is better than anything else I can use.
    Last edited by Darknesse; 03-03-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Champion

I use fiery spike as a ranged combo generator as I close in. Normally by the time I get to something I have 4-5 combo points and can hit it with a finisher. The dots from fiery spike do not do that much dmg from what I can tell.
    Pretty sure he's talking about Ebon Fury.

Soulwalker

I expect to spam Dusk Strike at that point, but in my normal Rotation, Twilight Force is better than anything else I can use.
    Ok. I'll try it out tonight and see how it fits me.

I am assuming you would replace the BD soul with the RS soul then. You could set it up lilke this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.0V0c.Vcthzoz

I havent tested that build out at all, just messing with the soul builder. But I would still put most of my points in NB. If you want rift scavenger, then put enough points in the RS soul to get there and drop everything else into the NB soul.
    As I have no points in bladedancer my build looks like this currently http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MiMp.ihxMhob..Vuzh.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Soulwalker

Em, WHAT?

Dusk Strike is 2cp and does more damage, there is zero reason to spam twilight force while ebon fury is up within melee range. It's also 8scd with talents so not spammable.

You must mean outside of ebon fury, which is generally a good thing to do yeah.
    Kasmir ~ Whitefall

Telaran

I made some changes which I believe might work better.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...MsR.0VMcx.VV0V

Quote Originally Posted by Xylox View Post

The whole reason I went with Rift Stalker is due to the monstrous heal you get. And after replacing my zero point BD with a zero point Sin the evasiveness cd has be become extremely missed. I'll be going back to that. SoD is next lvl, I'm quite excited.
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Soulwalker

Ok. I'll try it out tonight and see how it fits me.
    I modified my build a little and picked up twilight force last night, I didn't see much of a difference in dps. I am going to use it some more tonight though. I'm not running a dmg parser, so I'm just going by feel. It just seems to me like its the same dmg output with and without twilight force.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
    Em, WHAT?

Dusk Strike is 2cp and does more damage, there is zero reason to spam twilight force while ebon fury is up within melee range. It's also 8scd with talents so not spammable.

You must mean outside of ebon fury, which is generally a good thing to do yeah.
    When Ebon Fury is up my rotation goes Dusk Strike, Dusk Strike, Blazing Strike. Over and over and over until ebon fury is gone (assuming I have a Fiery Spike stack on).

Normally my rotation goes: Fiery Spike, Primal Strike, Twilight Force, Dusk Strike, Blazing Strike, then Primal strikes until TF or DS comes back up.

I modified my build a little and picked up twilight force last night, I didn't see much of a difference in dps. I am going to use it some more tonight though. I'm not running a dmg parser, so I'm just going by feel. It just seems to me like its the same dmg output with and without twilight force.
    Shouldn't be possible. You are at worst replacing a Primal Strike every once in a while for a more damaging Twilight Force.
    Last edited by Darknesse; 03-04-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylox View Post

I hate your build.

No Twilight Force, no Eventide, no Improved Blazing.

Also: I don't know how much physical damage we actually do. I suspect it's low enough that those 2 points in murderous intent would be better spent elsewhere.

Telaran

k respec'd learnt to play..

This class has sick burst damage potential

Soulwalker

I thought this may have been covered elsewhere but alas I cant find it...

is there a guide for gear stats we should be using? understand dex is important, but is there any benefit for NBs on spellpower etc?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopTx View Post
    I thought this may have been covered elsewhere but alas I cant find it...

is there a guide for gear stats we should be using? understand dex is important, but is there any benefit for NBs on spellpower etc?
    No. Everything we do is set Damage + Weapon. SP doesn't matter.

Dexterity, Strength, Attack Power.

Shadowlander

Nightblade is one of the stronger rogue melee souls as far as damage, and the ranged abilities are nice. We don't have the stuns or interrupts of other rogue souls, and none of the melee rogue souls even sniff warrior damage, which is kind of sad since they have more health and more armor, as well as better CC abilities.
    Last edited by Tusc; 03-04-2011 at 11:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast